Obama announces that the **GOP** will 'cripple' America

Did you even READ or LISTEN to the whole speech? I provided the transcript in a previous post, as well as the analysis (and the refuttal of the crazy spin by FactCheck!).

Are you telling me that you are against the Peace Corps also?

Once again, your myopy and astigmatism is keeping you from trying to grasp what is a lie and what is the truth.

Yes I read it. Obama loves to hide things in plain sight, does it all the time. The transcript is funny in optin g to break th4e paragraph where it does. All ext reams left rulers institute an overpowered internal security force knowing the only real threat they face is from within.

He is calling for a national security force. The Peace Corp et al has zero to do with security.

And yes I am against the Peace Corp.

Werbung:
Yes I read it. Obama loves to hide things in plain sight, does it all the time. The transcript is funny in optin g to break th4e paragraph where it does. All ext reams left rulers institute an overpowered internal security force knowing the only real threat they face is from within.

He is calling for a national security force. The Peace Corp et al has zero to do with security.

And yes I am against the Peace Corp.

So, I guess your answer is that you prefer to believe the "spin" that some people have made out of "secret language" hidden behind "straight forward talk?"

What is "funny" is the option of so many extreme media and web and forum sites to extract ONE sentence out of a whole speech, and to NOT provide the rest of the speech or the context of the speech.

But. . .I guess you are still waiting for that "HITLERIAN" threat from Obama to become a reality?

Yes, that is funny!:rolleyes::)

Did you even READ or LISTEN to the whole speech? I provided the transcript in a previous post, as well as the analysis (and the refuttal of the crazy spin by FactCheck!).

Are you telling me that you are against the Peace Corps also?

Once again, your myopy and astigmatism is keeping you from trying to grasp what is a lie and what is the truth.

But here is (again) what was REALLY said, IN CONTEXT:

I will expand AmeriCorps to 250,000 slots [from 75,000] and make that increased service a vehicle to meet national goals, like providing health care and education, saving our planet and restoring our standing in the world, so that citizens see their effort connected to a common purpose.

People of all ages, stations and skills will be asked to serve. Because when it comes to the challenges we face, the American people are not the problem*– they are the answer. So we are going to send more college graduates to teach and mentor our young people. We’ll call on Americans to join an energy corps, to conduct renewable energy and environmental clean-up projects in their neighborhoods all across the country.

We will enlist our veterans to find jobs and support for other vets, and to be there for our military families. And we’re going to grow our Foreign Service, open consulates that have been shuttered and double the size of the Peace Corps by 2011 to renew our diplomacy. We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we’ve set.

We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded. We need to use technology to connect people to service. We’ll expand USA Freedom Corps to create online networks where American can browse opportunities to volunteer. You’ll be able to search by category, time commitment and skill sets. You’ll be able to rate service opportunities, build service networks, and create your own service pages to track your hours and activities.

This will empower more Americans to craft their own service agenda and make their own change from the bottom up.

So, I guess your answer is that you prefer to believe the "spin" that some people have made out of "secret language" hidden behind "straight forward talk?"

What is "funny" is the option of so many extreme media and web and forum sites to extract ONE sentence out of a whole speech, and to NOT provide the rest of the speech or the context of the speech.

But. . .I guess you are still waiting for that "HITLERIAN" threat from Obama to become a reality?

Yes, that is funny!:rolleyes::)

Hide in plain sight means its not hidden at all but dropped amid mundane matters. So do you plan on addressing why we need a security force of a size and capability of the military ?

So where has this notion led ? H.R.675 (2009) it seems.

In January, without any recognizable corporate media coverage, Rep. Bob Filner, a California Democrat, introduced H.R. 675. The bill would amend title 10 of the United States Code and extend to civilian employees of the Department of Defense the authority to execute warrants, make arrests, and carry firearms. The bill was referred to the Armed Services Committee on January 26, 2009.

Filner’s bill would amend the United States code with the following: “Sec. 1585b. Law enforcement officers of the Department of Defense: authority to execute warrants, make arrests, and carry firearms… for any offense against the United States.” (Emphasis added.)
The Posse Comitatus Act, passed on June 18, 1878 after the end of Reconstruction, limits the powers of the federal government to use the military for law enforcement. The Act prohibits members of the federal uniformed services from exercising nominally state law enforcement, police, or peace officer powers that maintain “law and order” on non-federal property within the United States.
H.R. 675 sidesteps Posse Comitatus by defining “law enforcement officer of the Department of Defense” as “a civilian employee of the Department of Defense,” including federal police officers, detectives, criminal investigators, special agents, and game law enforcement officers classified by the Office of Personnel Management Occupational Series 0083 (the United States Office of Personnel Management is described as an “independent agency” of the U.S. government that manages the civil service of the federal government).
In 2005, the Office of Personnel Management partnered with the Department of Homeland Security to create a “21st century human resources management system that fully supports the Department’s vital mission,” according to then Office of Personnel Management Associate Director for Strategic Human Resources Policy Ron Sanders.

At approximately the same time, the DoD issued a Defense Directive 1404.10 (read PDF) that establishes a “DoD Civilian Expeditionary Workforce” and rescinds a prior Clinton era directive dealing with the emergency use of civilian personnel. The Obama administration describes the Civilian Expeditionary Workforce as follows:
Members of the DoD Civilian Expeditionary Workforce shall be organized, trained, cleared, equipped, and ready to deploy in support of combat operations by the military; contingencies; emergency operations; humanitarian missions; disaster relief; restoration of order; drug interdiction; and stability operations of the Department of Defense in accordance with DoDD 3000.05
“This new directive is odd, coming as it does after campaign promises by Obama to establish a paramilitary ‘civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded’ as our military,” writes Doug Ross.
According to Sec. Def. Robert Gates, defeating terrorism will require the use of more “soft power,” with civilians contributing more in communication, economic assistance, political development and other non-military areas. “Gates called for the creation of new government organizations, including a permanent group of civilian experts with a wide range of expertise who could be sent abroad on short notice as a supplement to U.S. military efforts. And he urged more involvement by university and other private experts,” the Associated Press reported in late 2007.

Funny how,with such an amazing memory, you managed to remember only the few words that have been repeated over and over in every right wing extremist media with the spin of propaganda, But you can't remember the setting, or the words that preceded and followed that short quote and gave it it's REAL meaning within context!

And the rest of your posts just regurgitates a series of similar canned propaganda spin!

With all due respect for your amazing long term " memory ,". It doesn't vouch well for your own critical thinking and freedom of mind!

Do I dare say so? I don' t buy it!

You can dare say anything you want but remember what we don't accept you are stuck eating :) I Hope you have room for all you dish out

He said it here in Oregon, the part about not being able to drive our SUV's and not being able to eat what ever we want or keep our thermostats at 72 deg., because other country's would not accept that about us. this was One of his many speeches.

The pizza maker being flown him came after he was president, so did the Kobe beef and apparently he has kept the white house hot enough to grow orchids all through the winters, to the point everyone else was uncomfortable.

The man never shuts up, I can hardly be expected to remember every word the drooling bots hang on, but I do remember the ones that were strange, hypocritical, odd, funny or scary.

You can dare say anything you want but remember what we don't accept you are stuck eating :) I Hope you have room for all you dish out

He said it here in Oregon, the part about not being able to drive our SUV's and not being able to eat what ever we want or keep our thermostats at 72 deg., because other country's would not accept that about us. this was One of his many speeches.

The pizza maker being flown him came after he was president, so did the Kobe beef and apparently he has kept the white house hot enough to grow orchids all through the winters, to the point everyone else was uncomfortable.

The man never shuts up, I can hardly be expected to remember every word the drooling bots hang on, but I do remember the ones that were strange, hypocritical, odd, funny or scary.

Are you insinuating that my post was anything but polite?
Are you saying that I am using abusive language because I point out the incongruity of " remembering" one sentence out of a speech done 3 years ago,by a man you didn't even believe would win, but not being able to "remember" or accept the FULL context of the speech, and the true meaning of those words?

If that is the case, maybe you should avoid reading my posts, because I do intent to correct the spin anytime I have an opportunity.

For the rest of the propaganda, I don't care what you think about those pity little complaints . . . It's like splitting hair, it isn't worth my time to discuss how many pizzas were delivered from where!

I thin it is too silly for grownups.

So, as Buddha said: the gift is yours to keep! :)

Are you insinuating that my post was anything but polite?
Are you saying that I am using abusive language because I point out the incongruity of " remembering" one sentence out of a speech done 3 years ago,by a man you didn't even believe would win, but not being able to "remember" or accept the FULL context of the speech, and the true meaning of those words?

If that is the case, maybe you should avoid reading my posts, because I do intent to correct the spin anytime I have an opportunity.

For the rest of the propaganda, I don't care what you think about those pity little complaints . . . It's like splitting hair, it isn't worth my time to discuss how many pizzas were delivered from where!

I thin it is too silly for grownups.

So, as Buddha said: the gift is yours to keep! :)

Nah, I am not insinuating anything. But I am used to you're insulting posts to me or anyone you disagree with you.

Not sure why you think I didn't expect obama to win because I did and if obama flying a pizza maker 860 miles on a plane to make 40 pizza's is ok with you then that is fantastic, I am glad some approve of him at all cost.

I am personally bothered by him telling us that we cant drive where we want and have to be careful of our energy use while he fly's a pizza maker from St Louis to the white house for 40 pizza's

and I do avoid reading your posts except when you direct them to me, but sometimes I can not help but see them when others are defending their self err... sorry I mean replying to your posts.

sorry I didn't accept your gift, so you are going to have to keep it, again...

Nah, I am not insinuating anything. But I am used to you're insulting posts to me or anyone you disagree with you.

Not sure why you think I didn't expect obama to win because I did and if obama flying a pizza maker 860 miles on a plane to make 40 pizza's is ok with you then that is fantastic, I am glad some approve of him at all cost.

I am personally bothered by him telling us that we cant drive where we want and have to be careful of our energy use while he fly's a pizza maker from St Louis to the white house for 40 pizza's

and I do avoid reading your posts except when you direct them to me, but sometimes I can not help but see them when others are defending their self err... sorry I mean replying to your posts.

sorry I didn't accept your gift, so you are going to have to keep it, again...

I have not insulted you, unless you have taken my disagreement with many of your opinions as insults, which I cannot help.

However, you have nada tendency to be used as a sidekick to other people who chose to use pretty abusive languagezs towed me personally.

And I chose not to call YOU on it, until now.

The reason I bring that up now is because this bullying has to stop, and I will call anyone and everyone on any personal insults and/or spinning of my words.

Have a nice day.:)

You have verbally punched everyone here in the nose and now want the abuse to stop. That would be funny if it were not so sad

I think you may not mean to come off so rude and insulting but you do come off that way I have pointed it out before in posts you directed at me but you didn't find them rude or mean. So I am sure it's not intentional bit what are members to do when you post things to them that they see as an attack or rude ? Should they just suck it up because you didn't "feel" you were being mean? I try to but it does get tiring.

Maybe try to re read some of your posts but pretend they are written by me or someone else here you are at odds with and see if it feels different when directed towards you?

You have verbally punched everyone here in the nose and now want the abuse to stop. That would be funny if it were not so sad

I think you may not mean to come off so rude and insulting but you do come off that way I have pointed it out before in posts you directed at me but you didn't find them rude or mean. So I am sure it's not intentional bit what are members to do when you post things to them that they see as an attack or rude ? Should they just suck it up because you didn't "feel" you were being mean? I try to but it does get tiring.

Maybe try to re read some of your posts but pretend they are written by me or someone else here you are at odds with and see if it feels different when directed towards you?

Disagreeing with people and offering arguments that are usually backed by factual information and/or links is not insulting. You may not like it, it may ruffle your feather to be faced at time by facts that you cannot deny, but it is not insulting, unless YOU see it that way.

In fact, I am willing to apologize if at time I ANSWERED insults tic for tac. . . as I said before that is a silly and immature way to handle insults. . .and it brought me down to a level I am not comfortable to, and do not want to adopt as my own.

Maybe you should try to re read some of your posts (eventhough I do not believe, and have not complained that you are by nature mean or insulting, and you usually only becomes demeaning and insulting when you "follow" others who are more aggressive than you) and also re read the post that led to the "scrapbook" devised by your friend. . .Each of those "insults" in that "scrapbook" were tic for tac answers to almost exactly the same wording from your friend. . .and I wasn't the one spilling first blood. I chose not to answer that "scrapbook" post, and to not expose the CONTEXT of my less than kind remarks, because I thought it was futile to continue a silly and destructive argument. . .and I didn't complain when YOU join in to cheer your friend along. . .because it is YOUR problem and hers, not mine

Now, I still believe such a discussion is non-constructive and I will stop it here.
As I said several times before, I have a healthy respect for you (when you are acting yourself, rather than as a side-kick), and I do believe you are probably a kind person at heart. The fact that your opinions are very far from my opinions is not a problem for me, or for a healthy debate. Your resentment of my ability to defend my views and to express myself in an assertive manner IS a problem for continued, constructive debate, but it is your problem, not mine.

I have all intentions of avoiding every form of insults or belittlements, but I will continue to stand for my opinions, and I will express them with all the force I can gather.

Hide in plain sight means its not hidden at all but dropped amid mundane matters. So do you plan on addressing why we need a security force of a size and capability of the military ?

So where has this notion led ? H.R.675 (2009) it seems.

You are off base here Dogtowner...it is is not a "civilian security force", it is a "civilian national security force" that will be used to meet the national security goals that we have set...

Now, what are those goals? One simply needs to example the National Security Strategy published by the President to see goals like:

1) Accelerate Sustainable Development
2) Stregthen the Power of our Example
3) Promote Dignity by Meeting Basic Needs

etc, etc...

Point being...those jobs are not jobs for the military, but remain identified tenants of our national security objectives. That is what Obama was talking about when he mentioned a strong civilian component of our national security.

You are off base here Dogtowner...it is is not a "civilian security force", it is a "civilian national security force" that will be used to meet the national security goals that we have set...

Now, what are those goals? One simply needs to example the National Security Strategy published by the President to see goals like:

1) Accelerate Sustainable Development
2) Stregthen the Power of our Example
3) Promote Dignity by Meeting Basic Needs

etc, etc...

Point being...those jobs are not jobs for the military, but remain identified tenants of our national security objectives. That is what Obama was talking about when he mentioned a strong civilian component of our national security.

None of those have anything to do with national security whatsoever.

None of those have anything to do with national security whatsoever.

Perhaps, perhaps not...but the fact is all of those are parts of the declared national security strategy of the United States...

If you go through the National Security Strategies for each administration, you will find these things are always incorporated to some degree...it is not really a new development under Obama.

Perhaps, perhaps not...but the fact is all of those are parts of the declared national security strategy of the United States...

If you go through the National Security Strategies for each administration, you will find these things are always incorporated to some degree...it is not really a new development under Obama.

Thank you for your common sense, Bob.

Werbung:

Did prior administrations require a civilian army with a Pentagon sized budget and capability ?

Back