Obama says Israel is a "constant wound" and a "constant sore"

Pandora

Ugh! This really bothers me. I am pro Israel. I think of them as a friend
not a sore :(

Posted: May 13, 2008
10:55 pm Eastern

© 2008 WorldNetDaily

Sen. Barack Obama (barackobama.com)

Democratic presidential front-runner Barack Obama says Israel is a "constant wound" and a "constant sore" that infects "all of our foreign policy."

Obama, under fire for attracting praise and support for his presidential run from the terrorist group Hamas, spoke to Atlantic Monthly at length about his views of the Middle East.

Asked if he thought Israel represented a drag on America's reputation overseas, Obama said: "No, no, no. But what I think is that this constant wound, that this constant sore, does infect all of our foreign policy. The lack of a resolution to this problem provides an excuse for anti-American militant jihadists to engage in inexcusable actions, and so we have a national-security interest in solving this, and I also believe that Israel has a security interest in solving this because I believe that the status quo is unsustainable. I am absolutely convinced of that, and some of the tensions that might arise between me and some of the more hawkish elements in the Jewish community in the United States might stem from the fact that I’m not going to blindly adhere to whatever the most hawkish position is just because that’s the safest ground politically."

"I want to solve the problem, and so my job in being a friend to Israel is partly to hold up a mirror and tell the truth and say if Israel is building settlements without any regard to the effects that this has on the peace process, then we’re going to be stuck in the same status quo that we’ve been stuck in for decades now," he said.

The interview was set up by the now famous quote from Hamas leader Ahmed Yousef to WND's Jerusalem bureau chief Aaron Klein, author of "Schmoozing With Terrorists," and WABC radio host John Batchelor: "We like Mr. Obama and we hope that he will win the election."

The controversy unfolded last month when Hamas political adviser Ahmed Yousef told WND's Aaron Klein, author of "Schmoozing with Terrorists," and WABC radio his group hopes Obama will win the presidential election and change America's foreign policy.

McCain, the presumptive Republican nominee, responded, prompting sharp exchanges between the two candidates and their campaigns.

"If Sen. Obama is favored by Hamas, I think people can make judgments accordingly," McCain said.

The U.S. State Department regards Hamas as a terrorist organization.

Last week, Obama severed ties with a Middle East policy adviser who acknowledged holding private meetings with Hamas. Robert Malley, who had advocated negotiations with Hamas, was sacked after disclosing to the Times of London he had been in regular contact with the group in conjunction with his work for a conflict resolution think tank

Werbung:
Obamantion, now in all fairness, I think you can read as well as I can where he didnt say Israel itself was a sore or wound. But instead the ongoing situation between Israel and its neighbors is a constant sore. He is right in my opinion. I am pro-Israel, but Israel is not infallible. I dont like Hamas a bit, but that is who the Palestinians rightfully elected.

Israel has every right to exist and protect itself. But Obama is correct when he says the current situation is unsustainable. Israel has acted with a heavy hand and been provacative in some of its actions. Nobody is innocent on either side(governments I mean) Israel needs to stop building settlements, and Palestine needs to stop terrorizing the Israelis.
I dont know if Obama will have any more luck than any other President has on the issue, but both sides will need to concede some points, and realize the other is not going away.
But I am pro-Israel and dont see this statement as anti-Israel.
But in many ways, pro-peace.

Aren't you guys sick and fed up paying for Isreal? Don't you think as was mentioned in another thread its time that as a Nation it stood up and looked after itself. We had a bit of a "to-do" with them in 1948 so they could have their independence and now they almost dictate their requirements to your government!

Obi - you may not have to worry about Isreal for much longer as once agian good'ol Mr. Armeddinerjacket has been pounding the microphones.........

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahmadinejad: Israel to be 'swept away soon'
Posted : Tue, 13 May 2008 12:41:00 GMT

Tehran - Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Tuesday that Israel would "be soon swept away" from the Palestinian Territories by the Palestinians. It is the second time within less than three years that the Iranian president predicted the eradication of the Jewish state.

The first time was in 2005 when Ahmadinejad hoped that Israel would be eradicated from the Middle East map.

"This terrorist and criminal state is backed by foreign powers, but this regime would soon be swept away by the Palestinians," Ahmadinejad said in a press conference in Tehran.

Referring to worldwide celebrations for the 60th anniversary of Israel's foundation, he said that "it would be futile to hold a birthday ceremony for something which is already dead."

"As far as the regional countries are concerned, this regime does not exist," Ahmadinejad added.

The Iranian president said last week that the anniversary feasts could not save this "rotten and stinking corpse."

Ahmadinejad caused international outrage in the past by hoping for the eradication of Israel, the relocation of the Jewish state to Europe or Alaska and questioning the historic dimensions of the Holocaust.

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/205101,ahmadinejad-israel-to-be-swept-away-soon.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------

What a tosser!

Well, here's another smarmy example of the idiot we have living in the White House. Obama will be going into the Presidency with "iffy" relations in Israel due to George W. (Wad of Money) Bush's slam to him. What a show of immaturity and unprofessionalism. Some President! He works against Obama, Hillary works against the Democratic Party, what's going on? Team work is a fallacy and the United States of America is in dire straits.

"Bush is a riddle wrapped in a lie."

Aren't you guys sick and fed up paying for Isreal? Don't you think as was mentioned in another thread its time that as a Nation it stood up and looked after itself. We had a bit of a "to-do" with them in 1948 so they could have their independence and now they almost dictate their requirements to your government!

Truth in a nutshell. I wish Israel the best, but not on my dime.

Please excuse me if you think this is an ignorant question. I really do not understand WHY certain groups of entities hate the Jews. What have the Jews ever done to be hated by them? This even goes back to Biblical times. I just don't get it. :confused:

Please excuse me if you think this is an ignorant question. I really do not understand WHY certain groups of entities hate the Jews. What have the Jews ever done to be hated by them? This even goes back to Biblical times. I just don't get it. :confused:

I wish I knew. It is very strange how hated they are by so many. And it seems always have been.

I like Israel and I like Jewish people. I don’t really care for Palestine, but that’s only because they keep doing the suicide bombing, though I have to say the people seem desperate and I know desperate people do desperate things. I wish there was something BESIDES give them Israel that would make them happy and not desperate.

Israel is a constant wound and sore because it is in the middle of dar ul Islam.
once that land is under Islamic control then Islam will be more powerful and keep expanding throughout EU, Southeast Asia and the US.
Obama will allow the US to become a slave to Islam and sell out our country. I can't believe so many people are blind to this.

Israel is a constant wound and sore because it is in the middle of dar ul Islam.
once that land is under Islamic control then Islam will be more powerful and keep expanding throughout EU, Southeast Asia and the US.
Obama will allow the US to become a slave to Islam and sell out our country. I can't believe so many people are blind to this.

I do not feel at all that Obama would protect Israel, actually I do think he would sell them out just about as fast as he could. And his supporters would just rally behind him, no matter what he does. I think the people who have not been deluded yet, probably are amune to it :) THANKFULLY! but he still has a chance to get in there and mess Israel over and us too :(

Werbung:

Unlike euros, the US thinks beseiged democracies should be helped. What if the US in WWII acted toward YOU like YOU with the israelis? Just lowered the flag, got in your boats, and sailed away, leaving them to face six invading arab armies:

document_20070724_12.jpg

Back