Obama; The New "McGovern"?

Almost the exact same thing could be said about fundamentalist Christians and their interpretation of the Bible.
Modern jurisprudence and philosophy of law is dominated today primarily by Western academics. The ideas of the Western legal tradition have become so pervasive throughout the world that it is tempting to see them as universal.

that means that Western law isn't the same as Islamic law.
for the most part... we think Western and can't seem to understand the other side.

Werbung:
But you fail to understand that the very fact that some Muslims condemn jihad shows that as a group not all of them share the same theology, and thus there is a difference between them.

But you fail to understand that the very fact that some Muslims condemn jihad shows that as a group not all of them share the same theology, and thus there is a difference between them.

again, we aren't talking about individual muslims.
never were.
theology is an organized foundation, in Islam it's the government. does everyone follow the law of governments? no.
but the theology is in place for people to do so. and the militaries (and military action, even by AQ) go by those theologies.

But there are groups of Muslims that denounce terror.

again, you are talking about individual muslims.

there's a thing called taqqiya, it is accepted in practice. that means a muslim can lie and decieve in order to gain ground on an enemy. that's part of the law too. people will go to heaven in Islam if they decieve non-muslims. that's part of Islamic organized practice and theology.

in logistics, when muslims are the majority you will see the pluralism disappear. Paris suburbs, the Palestinian issue, the Taliban, Chechnya. sure your majority of muslim friends are just chillin... but in Africa they are shooting up villages and converting Christians or chopping them up with machettes.
think big picture.

I like people too, I like diversity, but that's not theology.

You claim to know Islam "from the inside." How is this any different?

I grew up with the experience in Islam from a respected teacher, writer, scholar, warrior. I have known Islam from practice and research for about 40 years. I know others who have lived among the muhadjadin who have the same experience. and together we teach those who think Western the other point of view, mostly First Responders, government officials, university students.

in logistics, when muslims are the majority you will see the pluralism disappear. Paris suburbs, the Palestinian issue, the Taliban, Chechnya. sure your majority of muslim friends are just chillin... but in Africa they are shooting up villages and converting Christians or chopping them up with machettes.
Gee.....that sounds awfully familiar. :rolleyes:

yeah, comparing 16-17 century Christian aggression has so much to do with our daily lives today.
I happen to care about my family and our existance from this point into the future. and I want to be safe.
so... let's see... 16th century history can help us be safe... how?
Well, suggesting Muslims have some kind o' corner on the whole Conversion-gig is more than naive. We (in the U.S.) have merely found a more efficient/mechanized way of doing-so.

"Focusing on Barack Obama’s “inexperience” and “undisciplined messaging” are two ways to ensure that the senator from Illinois doesn’t get to be president, according to honchos at the Republican National Committee.

Big RNC contributors got an earful this weekend about methods the GOP will use to battle the Democrats for control of the White House this fall, as well as other initiatives central to the conservative cause.

“We all dislike Hillary,” declared Southern California Rep. Ken Calvert, from the Inland Empire east of Los Angeles, echoing thoughts of the roughly 75 attendees at a Sunday morning RNC session. “Forgetting who will be the easiest to beat, I've got to tell you, a President Hillary doesn’t scare me nearly as much as a President Obama.”

The more things Change..........the more they look like '72......except to the History-challenged Yuppie-spawn.

the efficient/mechanized way is reiterating what people truely believe, as if their head was a computer. It is sick, wrong, and illicit. It does not necessarily help, but to bridge a gap, is to bridge a gap, and that I will do. America has gotten out of hand with this whole thing. I feel no respect, despite carrying the world on my shoulders. God Bless Iran.

Werbung:
If Al Qaeda are terrorist, so are Americans. Americans terrorize a great deal more than Al Qaeda, that cannot be doubted. We need to stop acting like "Hitler's Sheep," God have mercy, and pursue real leadership, not thought provoking crimes.

Back