Obamas Cash for Caulkers costs 57K per home

LTKrgm - Edmunds is not a he.

In this context, an incremental sale is a sale that would not otherwise have occurred without the Clunkers program.

Werbung:
In this context, an incremental sale is a sale that would not otherwise have occurred without the Clunkers program.

Yes.

Congrats.

So, it's not $25,000 per car, it's $25,000 per incremental sale.

When you say it's $25,000 per car, you are misquoting Edmunds. We're making progress, you and I.

If I say it's a waste of money, will you stop quoting that Edmunds freak or, if you must quote him, kindly explain the specifics of his voodoo mathematics every time you do?
Good luck, with that!!

Typically, the "conservatives" (here) expect most folks to accept their rhetoric as Gospel.

As would be expected, Faith is a big-issue, with them, and...typically....Rhetoric = Absolute.

:rolleyes:

You will get intelligent bebate when you post something intelligent.

And yes, an idiot just might think you are closer to the truth, but anyone with a brain would know you are not.

If you know anything about government welfare programs you would know they are unbelievable wasteful.....

.....From The Book O' "conservative"-Absolutes.

What's it like for you, living in a world of assumptions? Is it fun?
You dare suggest thinking-things-thru, to "conservatives" (here), after George Bush had gone thru such great pains...for eight years.....establishing the concept there were easy-answers to ALL PROBLEMS???!!!!

:eek:

061900wh-bush.3.jpg

"Born at the earliest fringe of the baby boom, Mr. Bush was pressed during his years at Yale, 1964 to 1968, to take sides in the great battles then unfolding over politics, civil rights, drugs and music. Mostly he was a noncombatant in those upheavals, but when forced to choose, he ultimately retreated to the values and ideals established by his parents' generation, and to their accepted methods of rebelling.

In short, while some students took to the barricades, Mr. Bush took to the bar."

george_w_bush_harvard.jpg

Good luck, with that!!

Typically, the "conservatives" (here) expect most folks to accept their rhetoric as Gospel.

As would be expected, Faith is a big-issue, with them, and...typically....Rhetoric = Absolute.

I've noticed that. I may not stay here long. The quality of discussion is putrid.

LTKrgm- It's $25,000 per incremental sale on 125K clunkers.

This was a waste of taxpayer dollars. Spending 25K for each 3.5K rebate/clunker just sounds dumb. Multiply that by 125 clunkers to yield the waste and stupidity.

There was more waste here:

1) Perfectly good cars were destroyed in some cases.

2) The used car market was harmed, jobs were lost

3) Low income car drivers were hurt.

4) Many of the cars sold
were foreign made, so taxpayers funded company profits overseas.

5) Car sales plummeted afterwards, causing delayed pain and layoffs.

George Bush sold more cars under his
plan in 2008 than Obama did in 2009. George Bush's
plan didn't cost the taxpayers one penny. Bush
didn't lie or brag about his success in car sales, unlike Obama.

But it's far worse than just Cash for Clunkers. Remember GM became
Government Motors, funded by the US taxpayer now.

There are no more fuel efficient vehicles in the US than there were before CforC. And GM and Chrysler are still bleeding to death.

EEEEEEEEEK!:eek: wrong! It's impossible for you to distort this one.

I just bought a 2010 prime example. The brand new all new Chevy Equinox gets 32mpg. The previous version got 24mpg. Next month the all new Chevy Cruze @ over 40mpg will be on showroom floors to start replacing the Chevy Cobalt. The all electric Chevy Volt will follow soon after that.

And it's not even about what's out already... even though that is as I have just proved happening. It takes the will and then more than a few months to get brand new products on showroom floors. For instance Chrysler won't be retooled delivering it's brand new fuel efficient stuff with it's new FIAT partner until probably the last quarter of this year. BUT THEY ARE NOW FINALLY ON THE WAY!

It's amazing to me just how much the Right wants to bash America for finally stepping up to the plate doing a better job with cars that can compete with their overseas rivals.

I'll go straight back to GM. Their new Chevy lineup even before the new Cruze are all now Consumer Digest Best Buy picks and beat Honda & Toyota across the board.

GO AMERICA go!!!

LTKrgm- It's $25,000 per incremental sale on 125K clunkers.

This was a waste of taxpayer dollars. Spending 25K for each 3.5K rebate/clunker just sounds dumb. Multiply that by 125 clunkers to yield the waste and stupidity.

There was more waste here:

1) Perfectly good cars were destroyed in some cases.

2) The used car market was harmed, jobs were lost

3) Low income car drivers were hurt.

4) Many of the cars sold
were foreign made, so taxpayers funded company profits overseas.

5) Car sales plummeted afterwards, causing delayed pain and layoffs.

George Bush sold more cars under his
plan in 2008 than Obama did in 2009. George Bush's
plan didn't cost the taxpayers one penny. Bush
didn't lie or brag about his success in car sales, unlike Obama.

But it's far worse than just Cash for Clunkers. Remember GM became
Government Motors, funded by the US taxpayer now.

You're learning.

ofcourse, the 2008 economy was better than the 2009 economy, so I'm not sure Bush's success means anything.

2nd, any rebates given were basically in the forms of checks to people who exchanged their cars - so, it wasn't exactly money "wasted" it was money transfered.

3rd - I agree with you that the C.A.R.S. program was a mistake. They didn't anticipate the response. Obama thought it would be a small program.

4th - America benefits greatly by improved gas mileage. One could consider this a pilot program.

and finally, you're not a rational person. you're so devoted to your dislike of Obama that it takes 5 or 10 posts just to get you to acknoledge 1 fact.

and finally/finally.

I'm outa here. This board is not a good place to discuss politics.

LTKrgm wrote -
2nd, any rebates given were basically in the forms of checks to people who exchanged their cars - so, it wasn't exactly money "wasted" it was money transfered

This thread was about Cash for Caulkers so we digressed.

Cash for Caulker, Clunkers are both dumb programs.

How is giving rebates to rich people to buy new cars benefiting a middle class taxpayer just struggling to keep his head above water and who
must now pay higher taxes to fund those rebates? Some taxpayer don't
even own cars.

Likewise many taxpayers don't own homes or are in the process of losing their homes, so why should they fund rich people
with their tax dollars for caulk jobs?

If you want to leave the debate that's your choice, but I think you were treated fairly
here.

Werbung:
You're learning.

ofcourse, the 2008 economy was better than the 2009 economy, so I'm not sure Bush's success means anything.
....Especially when you consider how Bill Clinton had to come-in and clean-up behind 41!!!!!!!!!

"It is not so long ago, that economists and politicians on both sides of the Atlantic fretted about the US government's escalating budget deficit and the ballooning size of public debt.

The days of gloom are over."

Back