Obama's Red Line in the Sand

Texas_tea

Another Obama lie?

Today, in Sweeden while Obama was taking questions from reporters with the Prime Minister, Obama actually said :

"I didn't set a red line! The world set a red line."

Hmm .....

Obama didn't set a "red line"? That's funny because I seem to remember very clearly just a year ago Obama clearly drawing a red line in the sand where Syria is concerned and below is the youtube video of Obama clearly doing so in his own words .... well, at least in the words of the teleprompter.

Now, here in the Great State of Texas we consider people who make such comments and then don't back them up or blame someone else for saying it or all out deny saying it .... a COWARD .... a bully who has been called out on his game.

But, we all know that this Syria situation is even much worse than that for Obama. This is sheer and utter incompetence by Obama and his minions!

And, now he "seeks support from Congress" and maintains the right to act with or without Congresses approval.

More like he is setting up the Republicans in Congress to once again blame for his incompetence, which I am sure the Republicans will gladly accept.

And, if that doesn't work maybe he will throw Secretary of State John Kerry under the bus for this blunder.

Remember the last Secretary of State and the Benghazi Scandal which is still going on to this day?

I am sure Obama was speaking to the sheeples and useful idiots with his comment in Sweden this morning. All other rational thinking people across the globe are well aware that the US has no business attacking Syria and that Obama is once again, seeking someone or something to blame for his incompetence.

Last edited:
Werbung:
I just posted about this in another thread.

Obama just threw the world, America and congress under the bus, but he takes no responsibility. Obama is a real piece of work.

Typical arrogant elitist liberal from academia. Just think, they haven't broken the mold either. The likes of Columbia and Harvard are pumping out more of the same model for future elections too.

Obama is not really stating that he didn't set a red line. He is stating that the world established a precedent that use of these weapons was never acceptable. Its basically an effort to take the focus off of the idea of him acting unilaterally, and put it on the idea of him standing up for a widely accepted world norm.

He basically means that he "set a red line", but that the line was already set via these norms.

Of course if he won't enforce it, its all meaningless.

Obama is not really stating that he didn't set a red line. He is stating that the world established a precedent that use of these weapons was never acceptable. Its basically an effort to take the focus off of the idea of him acting unilaterally, and put it on the idea of him standing up for a widely accepted world norm.

He basically means that he "set a red line", but that the line was already set via these norms.

I might suggest that the world established that gassing is unacceptable but Obama defined the consequence. The world said dont do it, Obama said or else. Thats red line for me.

Obama certainly did say that ..... the video is above and then he damn sure denied it in Sweden .... that video is above as well.

Had he said ... "it wasn't just me drawing a red line ... it was the world" then that would be different. He didn't say that. He clearly said "I didn't draw a red line" ... that would be a straight out LIE BigRob ..... and know amount of spin or cover will change that.

Rumsfeld Shocked After Finding Out On-Camera That Obama Said He Didn’t Draw a Red Line

Former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld was caught shocked on-camera after learning during an interview that President Barack Obama had denied drawing a “red line” on Syria.

During her interview, Fox News host Greta Van Susteren highlighted Obama’s Wednesday statement that he didn’t alone draw a “red line.”

“He did draw it!” Rumsfeld interjected.

“I’m just telling you what he said,” Van Susteren replied.

“You’re kidding,” he said. “I didn’t see that.”

“This president has tried to blame everybody or anybody, for everything,” Rumsfeld continued. “And leadership requires that you stand up, take a position, provide clarity, and take responsibility. I can’t imagine him saying that he didn’t draw the red line. He did draw a red line. We have ears!”

Click on the link above to watch the video .... you can't make this stuff up!

I might suggest that the world established that gassing is unacceptable but Obama defined the consequence. The world said dont do it, Obama said or else. Thats red line for me.

Well of course he did, but from the whole commentary he makes it sound like he is just trying to shift focus to the international community that they are the ones that all agree the use of chemical weapons is a red line -- and they should basically stand with him to enforce it.

Obama certainly did say that ..... the video is above and then he damn sure denied it in Sweden .... that video is above as well.

Had he said ... "it wasn't just me drawing a red line ... it was the world" then that would be different. He didn't say that. He clearly said "I didn't draw a red line" ... that would be a straight out LIE BigRob ..... and know amount of spin or cover will change that.

I think a fair assessment of the commentary would lead one to the conclusion that is exactly what he was trying to say. He is trying to get international support to do something, and in truth, the world community established quite a long time ago that use of weapons like this is not acceptable.

Seems pretty clear to me what he means here. I think there is plenty to go after Obama for, but I don't see this as being an issue.

I think a fair assessment of the commentary would lead one to the conclusion that is exactly what he was trying to say. He is trying to get international support to do something, and in truth, the world community established quite a long time ago that use of weapons like this is not acceptable.

Seems pretty clear to me what he means here. I think there is plenty to go after Obama for, but I don't see this as being an issue.
I don't see how you "get international support" by denying your own words, by denying your part in this international support .... I think by Obama denying his part in this "red line" he was seeking to shift blame. Just as he is trying to do with Congress.

Sorry Rob ... I think we will have to agree to disagree on this time ..... I am sticking with the majority of consensus on this one.

Always looking on the bright side and giving people the benefit of a doubt, that's why I like you... But I'm not sure what he thinks at this moment in time..

Werbung:
He is trying to get international support to do something, and in truth, the world community established quite a long time ago that use of weapons like this is not acceptable.

Then let the rest of the world take care of it this time if they care so much.

Back