October 2011 - Obama: The Iraq War Is OVER

GBFan

Watch President Obama's full remarks here.

In 2008, in the height of the presidential campaign, then-Senator Obama made a promise to give our military a new mission: ending the war in Iraq.

As the election unfolded, he reiterated this pledge again and again -- but cautioned that we would be "as careful getting out of Iraq as we were careless getting in."

Last year, the President made progress toward achieving that goal. He brought an end to the combat mission in Iraq, and through the course of the past 14 months, more than 100,000 troops have returned to their families.

Now, that promise will be wholly fulfilled. Today, President Obama announced that the rest of our troops will be home by the holidays:

Over the next two months, our troops in Iraq—tens of thousands of them—will pack up their gear and board convoys for the journey home. The last American soldiers will cross the border out of Iraq—with their heads held high, proud of their success, and knowing that the American people stand united in our support for our troops. That is how America’s military efforts in Iraq will end.

But this moment represents more than an accomplishment for the President. It marks a monumental change of focus for our military and a fundamental shift in the way that the our nation will engage in the world:

The United States is moving forward, from a position of strength. The long war in Iraq will come to an end by the end of this year. The transition in Afghanistan is moving forward, and our troops are finally coming home. As they do, fewer deployments and more time training will help keep our military the very best in the world. And as we welcome home our newest veterans, we’ll never stop working to give them and their families the care, the benefits, and the opportunities that they have earned.

Werbung:
you mean like the time Bush I said the war was over, and then Bush II?...And you mean like all the republicans who said it was over? get a grip it is over...for us. No one said it was a hippie love in now.

Revisionist history at its finest --- not a scintilla of truth in the whole post.

you mean like the time Bush I said the war was over, and then Bush II?...And you mean like all the republicans who said it was over? get a grip it is over...for us. No one said it was a hippie love in now.

It's only over when your people can't make political hay out of it. We really need an IQ test for the Internet, it's getting ridiculous.

Revisionist history at its finest --- not a scintilla of truth in the whole post.

Mission Accomplished.need I say more? go a head and take a look at republicans comments as we pulled the last troops out. Go ahead and pretend Bush I did not say the war was over. Go troll someplace else if you can't even grasp basic facts.

Mission Accomplished.need I say more? go a head and take a look at republicans comments as we pulled the last troops out. Go ahead and pretend Bush I did not say the war was over. Go troll someplace else if you can't even grasp basic facts.

Mission accomplished? Bush said that? New history ....

Obviously, you're referring to the banner that the ship's crew placed before Bush arrived.

Go troll someplace else if you can't even grasp basic facts.

You mean when BO expressef that ?

The war is over...get over it. I know its hard for you Hawks, but the war is over...Afganistan is winding down....You republicans will have to win a Election so you can invade some nation again...as you have with Evry time one has been in the white house since I was born. No one said it was puppies and kittens for Iraq....but its over.

The war is over...get over it. I know its hard for you Hawks, but the war is over...Afganistan is winding down....You republicans will have to win a Election so you can invade some nation again...as you have with Evry time one has been in the white house since I was born. No one said it was puppies and kittens for Iraq....but its over.
Just brown people beheading other brown people no issue for the left.

Although it is true that both Bush and BO have claimed the War in Iraq is over, one thing is for certain.

Bush received movie star status for his efforts in Iraq even from the hardcore MSM at the time.

BO's claims were simply met with crickets. Why? IMO because no logical thinking person believes anything this man says nor sees him in anyway as a leader.

Bush was revered as a leader even by the MSM!

I am not a great Bush fan so you can keep your blame Bush comments to yourself. But, the facts clearly speak for themselves here.

Eight Years Ago, Bush Declared 'Mission Accomplished' in Iraq

Werbung:
Back