Only Govt Jobs doing well

What are you basing this on?

This is not an unnoticed problem. People are sick and tired of being denied health insurance because of preexisting conditions, caps to limit treatment and tens of thousands go bankrupt every single day due to medical bills. Not to mention those who can't afford it or it's not even offered.

Even Republicants seeing the fallout of just being against healthcare reform have switched to... well we need it that's true, just not this exact kind.

You watch how popular this thing spikes up once it's signed.

Corporate bailouts began long before Bush even ran for President, that is nothing new.

Just saying Bush (a Republicant) was a handout guy as well. Not surprisingly a hand out guy to big business but a hand out is a hand out.

Yes, Clinton had a small surplus, but he also was in office when the Fed drastically changed its monetary policy approach and started to push the economy (and the housing sector) towards an unsustainable level.

Clinton was great. I loved Clinton. Man I wish Obama could have followed that up!

A natural economy cannot grow at all times. That is simply not possible.

I'm not disputing that. But there are also disasters that are not just the normal up & down. Great Depression... Bush Recession... those really bad things.

If doing the best you can is creating record deficits while railing against Bush spending, then that is pathetic.

Much of that is just a continuation of Bush policy and war spending. And the stimulus saved us from a Depression so I can live with that (even though I'm like Clinton was a deficit hawk). We are doing what we can to get what the GAO said would lower the deficit passed... our Health Insurance Reform Bill.

Apparently you do not, since any recession in your book is just unacceptable.

Any honest & unbiased economist will tell you that The Bush Recession was not "common" in it's severity at all.

Political realities exist. When did Republicans actually have the power in the Senate to cram through whatever they wanted? Hint: Never.

Oh please... they had both Houses and the Executive even as recently as Bush.

Additionally, there are times when doing nothing is better than doing something wrong.

Well that must be ALL the time with Republicans.:D

How about you tell me any of the details of the numerous Republican bills introduced in Congress on health care reform and call up your Senator or Congressman and ask why they are all dead in committee?

That would be a short phone call. They'd say... what Bills?

I never said Hooverville was good, and you are well aware of it. Additionally, you ignore what the New Deal actually was. It was not simply "spend spend spend" which seems to be the mentality of today.

Hooverville... just look at the name. Says it all.

The New Deal was a tremendous thing for the American people. It actually set up a strong chance to be middle class and not just poor or rich.

You just argued that a "trillion dollar invasion" was a leading indicator for the recession... now you are saying that government spending ends recessions. Which is it? Did government spending (in the form of military action) cause or end the recession?

Not having that money in reserve (or not having it spoken for) when a huge collapse starts is detrimental. And the war spending this time was very focused on a small number of contractors comparatively.

It's the civilian jobs created in a war time setting that helps. The government putting masses of people to work like in WW2 on building war products helped. Come on... you know the difference!;)

Werbung:
This is not an unnoticed problem. People are sick and tired of being denied health insurance because of preexisting conditions, caps to limit treatment and tens of thousands go bankrupt every single day due to medical bills. Not to mention those who can't afford it or it's not even offered.

There are far easier reforms that can solve the pre-existing condition problem. There is no need to revamp the entire system to mirror a government system that is going bankrupt.

Even Republicants seeing the fallout of just being against healthcare reform have switched to... well we need it that's true, just not this exact kind.

I have been saying that all along... as have many Republicans.

Just saying Bush (a Republicant) was a handout guy as well. Not surprisingly a hand out guy to big business but a hand out is a hand out.

Clinton, Bush, Obama are all handout guys... not to mention the Democratic Congress.

I'm not disputing that. But there are also disasters that are not just the normal up & down. Great Depression... Bush Recession... those really bad things.

We set ourselves up for an abnormal "down" when we do not allow for a normal "up." Manipulating monetary policy to maintain an unsustainable bubble is not allowing a free market to exist.

Much of that is just a continuation of Bush policy and war spending. And the stimulus saved us from a Depression so I can live with that (even though I'm like Clinton was a deficit hawk). We are doing what we can to get what the GAO said would lower the deficit passed... our Health Insurance Reform Bill.

You can hawk this line of Bush Bush Bush all you want. Historically however President's who do not say "the buck stops here" have serious problems. All this "Bush Recession" and "we inherited" might be behind Obama's plummeting poll numbers.

Any honest & unbiased economist will tell you that The Bush Recession was not "common" in it's severity at all.

They should also point out the unsustainable "ups" that we all think is the norm apparently.

Oh please... they had both Houses and the Executive even as recently as Bush.

How many Senators did they have? Hint: not 60. Political reality in the Senate is you need 60 votes to even talk about a bill.

That would be a short phone call. They'd say... what Bills?

Well, you should be upset for being lied to if that is their response.

Hooverville... just look at the name. Says it all.

I saw a story the other day where a homeless tent city had a sign out front saying "Obamaville."

Whatever Obama might like to say, the general public views this economy as his and not Bush's.

The New Deal was a tremendous thing for the American people. It actually set up a strong chance to be middle class and not just poor or rich.

The New Deal was a grab bag of policies many of which never worked.

The New Deal laid the foundation for the collapse of the United States. We are facing trillions in unfunded liabilities... tell me where that money will come from?

Not having that money in reserve (or not having it spoken for) when a huge collapse starts is detrimental. And the war spending this time was very focused on a small number of contractors comparatively.

No having the money in reserve???? It was never in "reserve"... we borrowed it.... Just like all our spending now.

Additionally, it is irrelevant how many firms got contracts, the size is what matters, and if government spending creates jobs, then military spending should be high on your list.

It's the civilian jobs created in a war time setting that helps. The government putting masses of people to work like in WW2 on building war products helped. Come on... you know the difference!;)

Are you somehow attempting to tell me that the government did not require material to fight this war? That material must be made, and often made at home. These contracts would have had the same outcome this go round if your theory holds up on the matter. You cannot have it both ways.

Average salary of govt employee is almost double that of private worker.

Yes and the SAD part is that gov't employees HAVE NO ACCOUNTABILITY.

Well, new polls show a lot of them actually do.

That said, Health care reform is so unpopular right now, I would not add that to a column that will bring in support just yet. The economy will recover (as it always does), but the current policies of Obama are delaying that recovery. If he gets hammered in the midterms then who really cares if he wins another term.

I'm so tired of the right speaking for the rest of the country. Today I heard a republican senator say the entire country does not want health care reform. Who the hell does he think he is speaking for me? :mad:

And big whoop Obama is down in the polls one day and up another. He has a long ways to go until his as low as whale sheet like Bush was.

Nobody seems to like Obama much anymore!
Generation Y has turned their back on him now!

Social Security has a similar history. Most of the republican elders i know would scream bloody murder if you took it away from them.

They were forced to pay into the system all their lives and then someone tries to take it away just when they finally get to reclaim their own money. I am sure they would.

But what percent of those who are presently being forced to make donations from their paycheck that they won't see for another 60 years (and might never see anyway) would decide they could better spend that money than Uncle Sam? Bet that is closer to 90%.

Whatever floats your boat. ;)

Republicants are so beaten and so aware that's not going to change that they vent in the most silly of ways.:D

I think you may have it right. Just smile when the got their hats handed to them 2 elections ago... smile again when President Obama won big... just keep smiling. You know that kills 'em!:D

It's just the Dark Side in them coming out thinking they can beat the Jedi!

McCain didn't promise the Unions and Acorn and the poor the rainbow.

Therefore he lost. Nothing magical about that at all. It's pretty simple.

What's even worse, is he told people not to vote for "McSame" (as same as Bush) and yet he's pretty much followed closely in Bush's initiatives.

Yep you guys keep me laughing. Even Leno said Obama made a good Republican President earlier in the week.

Hey Everyone, this just in...Bush is not the president. That appears to be news to some.

I don't understand why so many ----- posters here keep referring to W as a response to other posters. It seems to be a pattern. When a poster criticizes the current president, some here respond with criticizing the past president. This is how second graders debate.

Your It...No Your It...............

Hey Everyone, this just in...Bush is not the president. That appears to be news to some.

I don't understand why so many ----- posters here keep referring to W as a response to other posters. It seems to be a pattern. When a poster criticizes the current president, some here respond with criticizing the past president. This is how second graders debate.

I think it is worthy to also point out that Clinton is not President anymore and yet you seem to not let that go...
Also, this just in, Reagan is not President anymore! He is DEAD!
You cant have it both ways. The world is nothing more than shades of gray.

I think it is legit to be critical or even positive about past Presidents or pretty much all levels of politics for policies that they pursued while in office. Ultimately it is thier legacy and probably the focus of the public's view of them. Clinton would be an example of this. Nothing like having a booming economy, a rather peaceful time, nearly prosperous and yet large segments of the country cannot look past the consentual actions of adults.

It doesn't matter what any of you think or say or do. Your voice isn't heard anymore so get off the tangent that your actually doing something about what's going on here in this country. You can protest all you want, cry all you want, ***** all you want. But none of you and I mean none of you are going to do anything about it. I don't care how pissed off you get or upset you get. Waving signs and posting images, yelling and screaming and threatening ain't going to change a damn thing. You want to know why....its because your all a bunch of God Damn lemmings. You follow theses scum bag politicians and put them on a pedestal and pray to them like some kind of GOD. Between Sarah Palin and Barack Obama you guys are pathetic. Keep believing your voice gets heard and keep participating in this so called DEMOCRACY and think it's what the founding fathers wanted. Hell if they were alive today they would be having second thoughts about leaving England and just say to hell with it.

Because the Mess we are in, all Started when he was in office, therefor yes, he will come up.

Werbung:
I think it is worthy to also point out that Clinton is not President anymore and yet you seem to not let that go...
Also, this just in, Reagan is not President anymore! He is DEAD!
You cant have it both ways. The world is nothing more than shades of gray.

I think it is legit to be critical or even positive about past Presidents or pretty much all levels of politics for policies that they pursued while in office. Ultimately it is thier legacy and probably the focus of the public's view of them. Clinton would be an example of this. Nothing like having a booming economy, a rather peaceful time, nearly prosperous and yet large segments of the country cannot look past the consentual actions of adults.

You miss the point. Any fair minded criticism of BO is met with criticism of Bush. This is childish. Yes?

Secondly, I have not criticized Clinton here. Hell I stated I would rather have Billybob than BO in the WH. I do enjoy making fun of the horndog from Hope, but that is not the same as making a critical opinion of the acts of the current pres.

Back