Perverted, God-Hating Frenchies vs. Inbred, Sex-Obsessed Yokels

Also, not all conservatives are evil, but the ones in the White House sure are.

I was kinda hoping you'd fall into that trap :p

See, the concepts of "good" and "evil" come form the core of the concept of dualism - which is an ideology invented by the Catholic church. It's one of the reasons the Church is looked at as encouraging narrow mindedness: they invented this ideology which supports the idea that absolute values for moral and ethical correctness can be attributed to one side of a given conflict.

In other words, every time you call something evil, you're exorcising conservative Christian rhetoric.

Werbung:
LIBERAL: "generous" and "charitable" with other people's money

Using inference logic, does this mean that, in spending trillions of dollars on an idiotic war and giving billions in military aid to the fourth largest arms exporter in the world (Israel), that Bush Republicans are "Liberal"?
Something just doesn't add up.;)

I always liked Roget's Thesaurus' version :D ......

liberalt.jpg

LIBERAL: "generous" and "charitable" with other people's money

That's good, guys, let's make the problem worse.

This is how it always goes...one side attacks, the other side counters, and so begins the cycle. The whole point of this thread is to get people to understand that the differences between us are not so great.

This is how it always goes...one side attacks, the other side counters, and so begins the cycle. The whole point of this thread is to get people to understand that the differences between us are not so great.

What you are saying here is true vyo (nice original post by coyote by the way) but their are basic "planks" that make up a Party's position that almost inevitably create this friction.

The truth is there is a lot of money available... I mean more money than a regular person can really imagine.

The problem is finding the correct balance. I'll give some examples:

Everyone wants a strong enough military that we are always well protected. But that doesn't mean we need a military so large that it overwhelms our country financially to a point we can't afford other very important things.

No one wants to see people suffer from old age, poverty or illness. But you have to be responsible on how you pay for these programs.

Then you get to things like abortion and the divide grows even larger... although I really do wish on this issue we could all just agree to disagree and just learn to live with individual choice as nothing is being mandated in either direction and taxpayer money is not financing it.

But I do agree to some extent. If we took abortion out of the equation and mandated that we operated on a "pay as you go" no deficit spending strategy we could come to a point where we could say together... This is how much we have to spend let's work together to divide it up in the best way.

I don't know about you, but the differences between myself and the sheep who believe the right-wing dribble from such paragons of virtue as, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, etc. are very, very great.

I don't know about you, but the differences between myself and the sheep who believe the right-wing dribble from such paragons of virtue as, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, etc. are very, very great.

It's funny you should say it like that, since they'd probably call you a sheep, too. See? Not so different.

It's funny you should say it like that, since they'd probably call you a sheep, too. See? Not so different.

How is that "not so different"? People on the Left don't recite, nearly verbatim, Republican hate-speech spewed forth by right-wing talk radio and Fox News.

How is that "not so different"? People on the Left don't recite, nearly verbatim, Republican hate-speech spewed forth by right-wing talk radio and Fox News.

I have to agree with that. It's like a lot of Republicans can't think for themselves anymore. They need someone to tell them what to think and the likes of "Pills" Limbaugh have been very successful at steering the GOP in the wrong direction. They have been running damage control for so long they have lost touch with mainstream America.

You two are hopeless. Both sides have mindless "sheep" who parrot what their respective talking heads say. Both sides also have educated people who think for themselves and consider their positions carefully.

You two are hopeless. Both sides have mindless "sheep" who parrot what their respective talking heads say. Both sides also have educated people who think for themselves and consider their positions carefully.

What does the left have that can even begin to compare to Ann Coulter? I just shudder to think it may have been my tax dollars that paid for her gender reassignment treatment.

What does the left have that can even begin to compare to Ann Coulter? I just shudder to think it may have been my tax dollars that paid for her gender reassignment treatment.

Not only that, but what does the Left have to compare with the hypocrisy of Rush Limbaugh, railing against the so called drug taking Left, while stuffing in oxycontins with both fat hands?

Well, for starters we have the two of you. Your virulent (and one-sided) dislike of all things conservative has been made plenty clear.

Not only that, but what does the Left have to compare with the hypocrisy of Rush Limbaugh, railing against the so called drug taking Left, while stuffing in oxycontins with both fat hands?

HAHAHAHA. For starters, flying their private jets and driving their SUVs all over the place to talk about the dangers of global warming.

A book "Do as I Say, Not as I Do: Profiles in Liberal Hypocrisy" exposes the raging hypocrisy of many on the left, including the Clinton's, Nader, Chomsky, Michael "I own a good deal of stock in Halliburton" Moore, Ted Kennedy, Al Gore, Barbara Streishand, Al Franken, the list goes on and on.

Of course you won't read it though because you'd rather hold on to your faulty belief that hypocrisy only lies on the right side of the aisle despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Werbung:
HAHAHAHA. For starters, flying their private jets and driving their SUVs all over the place to talk about the dangers of global warming.

A book "Do as I Say, Not as I Do: Profiles in Liberal Hypocrisy" exposes the raging hypocrisy of many on the left, including the Clinton's, Nader, Chomsky, Michael "I own a good deal of stock in Halliburton" Moore, Ted Kennedy, Al Gore, Barbara Streishand, Al Franken, the list goes on and on.

Of course you won't read it though because you'd rather hold on to your faulty belief that hypocrisy only lies on the right side of the aisle despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Ah yes, the book by Peter Schwiezer, he of a conservative think tank, he who has been praised by Bill O'Reilly of Fox News. I'm quite sure it's equally "fair and balanced".

Back