Poverty soars among young families in US

Are you suggesting that the over 400 billionaires in this country are all REPUBLICANS?

If that IS the case, then I guess it really DOES prove that conservatives are smarter at business/money matter than libs. Oh wait a minute. The dims got their wealth by hard work, and the conservatives just got it handed to them, isn't that the lib contention?

As for Russia. As of now, they have about 65, so you really don't have to wring your hands in worry, I doubt they are going to take over the world anytime soon.

Where did I ever mentionned anything about all billionaires being Republicans?

All I did was to mentionned that Republicans love to keep the wealthiest among us on the trend of getting even wealthier. . .Nothing to do with whether they are Republicans or democrats!

And as for Russia, they have about 60 billionaires more than they did 15 years ago. . .which is about a 400% increase?

Just pointing out to the trend!

Werbung:
All I did was to mentionned that Republicans love to keep the wealthiest among us on the trend of getting even wealthier. . .Nothing to do with whether they are Republicans or democrats

SO......

Republicans want to keep the wealthiest on the trend of getting wealthier, but it doesn't have anything to do with being Republican.

Well, that makes sense. :p

Do you think that if the wealthy gave a million dollars to every voter in this country that registered dems would help more people than registered republicans?

Is your ultimate suggestion that people who consider themselves liberal politically are better human beings than those who have conservative values?

SO......

Republicans want to keep the wealthiest on the trend of getting wealthier, but it doesn't have anything to do with being Republican.

Well, that makes sense. :p

Do you think that if the wealthy gave a million dollars to every voter in this country that registered dems would help more people than registered republicans?

Is your ultimate suggestion that people who consider themselves liberal politically are better human beings than those who have conservative values?

You sure read a lot in a very simple, clear sentence.
I wonder why? What did you call it in previous posts. . . .Projection?

Where did I ever mentionned anything about all billionaires being Republicans?

All I did was to mentionned that Republicans love to keep the wealthiest among us on the trend of getting even wealthier. . .Nothing to do with whether they are Republicans or democrats!

And as for Russia, they have about 60 billionaires more than they did 15 years ago. . .which is about a 400% increase?

Just pointing out to the trend!

While we are pointing out trends, don't forget to mention the explosion of oil production and oil exports in Russia as well, and how this directly correlates to the expansion of wealth in Russia.

While we are pointing out trends, don't forget to mention the explosion of oil production and oil exports in Russia as well, and how this directly correlates to the expansion of wealth in Russia.

I assume that your not answering my question about what makes you think that I condone vitriolic attacks against one but not against another means that you agree that that as not what I was saying?

And, yes, finally, Russia can take advantage of their natural resources.
Let's hope they don't destroy their environment in the process!

I assume that your not answering my question about what makes you think that I condone vitriolic attacks against one but not against another means that you agree that that as not what I was saying?

What? If you are talking about the Thomas Jefferson said, I did reply.

Yes they can take advantage of them...and the explosion of doing so in the last few years directly relates to rapidly expanding wealth.

No, I'm sorry Bob, I was responsing to bododie.

Since the onset of the economic crisis, millions of working class families have fallen into deep financial distress. The younger generation has been particularly hard hit by unemployment, the housing crisis and debt.

Are there any Democrat politicians who view this as bad news? Shouldn't the party of the poor be ecstatic when poverty is on the rise, after all, if there were no poor people, who would vote for Democrats? Therefore it seems it's in the best interest of the Democrat party to make sure there is as much poverty and misery as possible in the US, so their voter base is as large as possible.

Are there any Democrat politicians who view this as bad news? Shouldn't the party of the poor be ecstatic when poverty is on the rise, after all, if there were no poor people, who would vote for Democrats? Therefore it seems it's in the best interest of the Democrat party to make sure there is as much poverty and misery as possible in the US, so their voter base is as large as possible.

Cynicism of very poor taste!

I thought you were smarter and more polished than that.

Seems like nastiness and bad faith is contagious!

Cynicism of very poor taste!

I thought you were smarter and more polished than that.

Seems like nastiness and bad faith is contagious!

Shall I quote you from one of the many times you've said the Republican party cares only about the top 2%, cares only about the wealthy? ...Yet you don't consider your comments to be cynical, in poor taste, or in any way nasty and based on bad faith. :rolleyes:

The Democrat party wants as many people as possible to be dependent on government, that's the surest way to keep them voting Democrat... That's why, in every election, Democrats put out the old talking points about how those evil Republicans, if they get power, are going to destroy the welfare state, take away SS from the elderly who will be forced to eat dog food, kick all the uninsured people out of hospitals to die in the streets, force children to go to bed hungry every night, etc, etc.

Shall I quote you from one of the many times you've said the Republican party cares only about the top 2%, cares only about the wealthy? ...Yet you don't consider your comments to be cynical, in poor taste, or in any way nasty and based on bad faith. :rolleyes:

The Democrat party wants as many people as possible to be dependent on government, that's the surest way to keep them voting Democrat... That's why, in every election, Democrats put out the old talking points about how those evil Republicans, if they get power, are going to destroy the welfare state, take away SS from the elderly who will be forced to eat dog food, kick all the uninsured people out of hospitals to die in the streets, force children to go to bed hungry every night, etc, etc.

I didn't say that the Republican party cares ONLY about the top 2%. I, however may have said. . .because it is my opinion, that many of the Republican leaders care MORE about pleasing their sponsors' lobbyists and preserving the top 1% wealth than they do about helping the poor and the lower middle class.

If you think this is in bad taste, so be it. Until I see some factual and practical signs that this is not the case, I will stand by my opinion.

But let me qualify this: I do not believe that every registered Republican is that way, as I said often, I believe there are good and bad people in all groups, all parties, all races, and all religions. The trick is to realize who are the good ones, who are the bad ones, and to avoid giving the bad ones too much power. . .because obviously, the most greed (for power or money) a person has, the less "good" he/she will be.

All the remarks in your second paragraph are caricatures of extreme speech by some on the left, made more extreme still by the spin put on those unfortunate comments by the Right.
The trick is to recognize that the same pattern (death panels, ruining our children's future, destroying America, etc. . .) exists coming from the extreme Right.

Dumb people (on all sides) will not see that "mirror image," hypocrites will not want to recognize or admit it, rational, intelligent people KNOW it and take it for what it is: extreme, stupid talk that is 75% lie, and 20 % misleading, with SOMETIME a sliver of thruth.

Republican leaders care MORE about pleasing their sponsors' lobbyists and preserving the top 1% wealth than they do about helping the poor and the lower middle class.
The same is true about the Democrat leaders... Both parties are part of the "ruling" class, neither of which gives a carp about the rest of the country, only their own political power.

If you think this is in bad taste, so be it. Until I see some factual and practical signs that this is not the case, I will stand by my opinion.
Stay tuned...

Dumb people (on all sides) will not see that "mirror image," hypocrites will not want to recognize or admit it, rational, intelligent people KNOW it and take it for what it is: extreme, stupid talk that is 75% lie, and 20 % misleading, with SOMETIME a sliver of thruth.
You just described your claim about people cheering for a guy who will die without medical treatment. I'm sure in your mind that it's more likely that right wingers are so hate-filled that it's more likely they were cheering for some guy to die from lack of care than it is to believe that those people were cheering about a concept that has long been absent from politics - Personal Responsibility.

Werbung:
The same is true about the Democrat leaders... Both parties are part of the "ruling" class, neither of which gives a carp about the rest of the country, only their own political power.

Stay tuned...

You just described your claim about people cheering for a guy who will die without medical treatment. I'm sure in your mind that it's more likely that right wingers are so hate-filled that it's more likely they were cheering for some guy to die from lack of care than it is to believe that those people were cheering about a concept that has long been absent from politics - Personal Responsibility.

Sure!. . .personal responsibility. . .all the way to dying!
Well, I understand that it is your opinion. Obviously it is not mine.

Back