Predicted Famine

Werbung:
call be crazy but I will not sit in a chair outside to watch the world end...I will go get drunk at the strip club, die with something better to watch lol

You're crazy! Anybody can get drunk, almost anybody can see naked ladies (I assume you meant lady strippers--but either way, whats so great about that?) How often does the world end? I want to watch so I'll have something to tell my kids in my next lifetime.

You better do a little more reading, it's not going to be the end of the world just yet, just the end of America.

You better do a little more reading, it's not going to be the end of the world just yet, just the end of America.

many people can't see past their personal space.

2 more campus shootings... and it's not even front page anymore.
the media has it's guidelines in covering certain subjects so it doesn't panic the public but the information is out there from other sources and very clear.

The Mayan calendar ends and that signifies the end of the world as we know it. Many traditions around the world are predicting an "end of the world" scenario.

Most people aren't really afraid of "the end of the world." They think they are, but things we'd consider world-ending - giant meteors or nuclear war or even vague prophecies with modern, literalistic interpretations slapped on - usually don't actually result in the world itself ending.

What people are afraid of is the end of society. They're afraid to die, sure, but almost all apocalyptic scenarios presented with a grain of rationality leave room for some people to survive. The thing that's so scary is that once the dust settles, society is gone. Social norm, social value, social customs, all the things that make people comfortable living in this world and around other people are wiped out. Do you know which fork is your salad fork? Kaboom! Nuclear war! When it's over and you come out of the bunker, it doesn't matter which fork is the salad fork anymore.

And fear of society ending is quite idiotic. For one thing, if it does, another will take its place, even if it is a simple law-of-the-jungle society. Or it doesn't because everyone really is dead, in which case there's nothing left to worry about anyway. But the biggest component of the whole farce is that societies are in a constant state of change. People get so scared of society ending when in two to three hundred years our present society will have more or less "ended" anyway. Even if America still exists, there're still fifty states (plus Puerto Rico), even if there's still the Congress and Supreme Court and Washington, DC, the social norms and values of that future American society will be as alien to us as the norms and values of the late nineteenth century (think powdered wigs and poetry as a form of popular entertainment). That can't be helped. There are a certain number of social statics, sure, but society as a whole cannot be completely static, or even mostly static. It's going to change. From our view, it's going to end.

In essence, our world is going to end. Deal with it.

Entirely true, vyo, but it is the very end of everything that we know and have come to rely on that makes it seem as if the world has ended. Many people have no knowledge of how to live as hunter/gathers or even how to make an agrarian society function. The physical destruction of the planet Earth is very unlikely, but the people who live through the destruction of their society, the death of almost everyone they know, the loss of their whole way of life, and the requirement of learning a whole new way of living while perhaps confronting a world without civilization of any kind, it will seem like the end of the world.

It all hinges on how much destruction there is, I'm almost 60, if 90% of the population is killed, then I will probably be dead. I don't know that I have any desire to continue living in a world where my continued existence requires me to kill animals to eat--I've been a vegan for more than half my life, killing sentient beings to burn and eat their flesh is abhorent to me and antithetical to every ethical fiber in my body. And that's why I intend to sit in my lawn chair and watch the show, I'll share my food and water with others and try to die peacefully without harming anyone. Dying is just the next step in our evolution, the gateway to our next incarnation, the important thing is not to prolong your life, but to do what's right while you are alive.

The world will not end when America is taken out of the picture. Jesus will reign with His faithful saints for 1000 yrs. while the burning continent that was once America slowly burns around the planet.

God will renew the whole earth after the final judgment after the 1000 yr. reign.

The world will not end when America is taken out of the picture. Jesus will reign with His faithful saints for 1000 yrs. while the burning continent that was once America slowly burns around the planet.

God will renew the whole earth after the final judgment after the 1000 yr. reign.

You religious people are such a cheerful lot.

While I dont buy into the impending doom of humanity in America or the end of the world. I will say it is generally a good idea to keep plenty of
non-perishable food on hand.
Due to the remoteness of where I live, it is often the case where people stockpile canned goods etc. It is widely known that our two local grocery stores would run out of food in less than two weeks if for some reason aircraft could not bring in supplies.

While I dont buy into the impending doom of humanity in America or the end of the world. I will say it is generally a good idea to keep plenty of
non-perishable food on hand.
Due to the remoteness of where I live, it is often the case where people stockpile canned goods etc. It is widely known that our two local grocery stores would run out of food in less than two weeks if for some reason aircraft could not bring in supplies.

Better to just keep guns, guns can get you canned goods, or what ever you need later :)

Better to just keep guns, guns can get you canned goods, or what ever you need later :)
I certainly understand where you are going with this and generally agree. I have more than a closet full and enough ammo to keep them well fed. While the grocery store running out of food is unlikely for now, I would venture a guess that the folks in my neck of the woods would manage much better than the average American. It would be interesting if Manhattan or LA or other metropolis were to somehow become cut off and the stores were empty and how quickly they would riot.

I certainly understand where you are going with this and generally agree. I have more than a closet full and enough ammo to keep them well fed. While the grocery store running out of food is unlikely for now, I would venture a guess that the folks in my neck of the woods would manage much better than the average American. It would be interesting if Manhattan or LA or other metropolis were to somehow become cut off and the stores were empty and how quickly they would riot.

that's exactly what will happen under martial law.
further, the 6 phase plan to detroy America will also be a hinderance... wait until about 2010...
http://www.centerforstrategicanalysis.org/pub/islamicstgesofdominance.htm

Werbung:
Back