Publication of cartoon of the Holy Prophet(PBUH)

peacethinker

The most discomfituring aspect of the freeedom of expression is its exploitation that extremely undermines all the standards of social, civic and religous ethics.The current publication of the cartoon in the Danish newspaper, in my view, is the most condemnable and uncivlized act that may and should not get the official support of the Europaen community. This act does not merely hurt the sentiments of 15 millions Muslim living in the European region, yet it gravely touches the sensitive feelings of millions and millions Muslims living in the different parts of the world. Is it not an open and blunt exploitation done on the pretext of freedom of expression? yes. it is! Organisation of Islamic Counteries has had already registered its warrated protest against the publication of cartoon of the Holy Prophet(PBUH), in the year 2006, there seems no worthy justifiaction that publishing the cartoons may enhance the status of media's freedom of expression in Europe.Therefore, the sane, poised and peaceminded elements in the Europaen community should equally condenm this act of publication, thereby eqaully joining their voices with the Muslims.

Werbung:
No, if I want to publish a cartoon taking the piss out of a religion I shouldn't have my life at risk. End of story.

Its not like Muslim nations don't frequently allow publications of anti-Jewish cartoons.

Hilarious hypocrisy.

That's the difference between the West and Islam. They West lets this stuff happen (freedom of expression and the like) while Islam demands you submit to whatever it is they believe.

I'm Catholic and I think homosexual acts are wrong, abortion is wrong, and insulting the Virgin Mary is wrong. Yet I'm never going to murder someone, or advocate the murder of someone, because they're doing something I think is wrong.

Hmm...religion of peace? One has to ask...

That's the difference between the West and Islam. They West lets this stuff happen (freedom of expression and the like) while Islam demands you submit to whatever it is they believe.

I'm Catholic and I think homosexual acts are wrong, abortion is wrong, and insulting the Virgin Mary is wrong. Yet I'm never going to murder someone, or advocate the murder of someone, because they're doing something I think is wrong.

you should go to northern Ireland sometime...though I support the Catholic side in that Fight they still do some fairly inhuman things in the name of Religion ( as well as the other side does) Like when I was there just a few weeks before a group was tossing firebombs at school kids who walked threw the wrong neighborhood to get to there school. All based on what church they go to.

Also there is nothing about Islam that says one must act the way these extremist do, its selective interpretation, wrong interpretation, or just flat out make up what you want to justify. Example in Egypt a Radical Islamic Terrorist was captured many years ago, when questioned, this islamo extremist could not even quote a line from the Koran. Yet he had used Islam as he reason.

Catholics have used the bible to justify a great deal of horrible things, since the dawn of the Church, the book, Jesus, and God did not change since then did it? But yet as you say they are not acting the same way anymore...its because. Its a Culture change, not one that is based in religion. There is a reason Muslims who have grown up in the west ( not talking about recent Immigrants) are very much the same as Any Christian and Jewish person who grew up in teh west.

Also I think for some Christians is just a matter of lack of power to creat the violence, or having enough money they don't want to risk it. Ann Coulter I think is just a few short short steps from basicly going out and starting a terrorist group for example.

over 10000 acts of Islamic terrorism since 911. Islam certainly is no religion of peace.

Werbung:
Therefore, the sane, poised and peaceminded elements in the Europaen community should equally condenm this act of publication, thereby eqaully joining their voices with the Muslims.

how dare you demand that the European community should react to this publication. and how dare you mock them by saying "sane, poised and peaceminded" when Islam is not acting as such.

Back