Regarding airport security

CHAINSAW

Hello Folks,

About my previous article "Security first, Civil Liberties second" regarding TSA Airport security actions, and the remarks of SOME of people. First of all the Constitution states:
"Amendment IV"
"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."I contend profiling travelers and searching them does NOT violate this Amendment to our Constitution. The TSA should NOT be concentrating on frequent travelers, little "old ladies" or families traveling with small children.
Again: SECURITY FIRST, CIVIL LIBERTIES SECOND"

Werbung:
first there was the shoe bomber

then the underwear bomber

wonder what they will call for when the Up his *** bomber tries.

does anyone even recall a case of a hijacting stopped anyplace by a screening at the airport , anyplace? Like some guys who planned to hijact a plane, and where stoped in the airport by a pat down, metel detactor, or anything? Not by intel that took them down before they ever made it that far.

Airport Security has become ridiculous. I keep wondering when I will find myself on the 'No-Fly' List. There is no absolute security in this life. A plane or two will get lost, now and then. We need to accept that, move on, and stop letting terrorists control our lives.

Given the frequency in which people violate the law by attempting to bring things on airplanes, it seems that it would constitute a "reasonable" assumption to have people go through medal detectors etc..

Given the frequency in which people violate the law by attempting to bring things on airplanes, it seems that it would constitute a "reasonable" assumption to have people go through medal detectors etc..

but does a medical detector realy stop terrorist? the bombs where not metal, and you could use Ceramic knifes, even plasic guns. Yes some Ceramnic knifes have metal in them just to make sure they set off a detector, but not all.

I think the far more likey way to stop a terrorist attack, is the person themself, the way they look ( not ethnic, I mean are they looking paniced, sweating, other signs) becuse fact is metal detector will stop small time crooks, and dumb people trying to bring wrong stuff on a plane...Well trained terrorist are not going to be because they already have planned ahead how to bypass such security.
also a metal detector is not realy the same as the image things talked about these days, that are more or less, digital strip searches.

I keep asking my friends/neighbors/relatives {myself} if the Israel's are able to keep their country free of these 'TERRORIST' attacks and yes flying into their country is considered a privilege {not an open door policy} then just exactly what is impeding the highly more intelligent/more sophisticated/more gadget friendly American way of doing things that we just can't seem to get our collective 'SH!T' together and circumvent those neerdowells from just walking onto any flight/anywhere and doing something horrid to us?

Surely, it can't be all blamed on ACLU, surely not!

I keep asking my friends/neighbors/relatives {myself} if the Israel's are able to keep their country free of these 'TERRORIST' attacks and yes flying into their country is considered a privilege {not an open door policy} then just exactly what is impeding the highly more intelligent/more sophisticated/more gadget friendly American way of doing things that we just can't seem to get our collective 'SH!T' together and circumvent those neerdowells from just walking onto any flight/anywhere and doing something horrid to us?

Surely, it can't be all blamed on ACLU, surely not![/iQUOTE]

to be fair, there is no reason to just fly into israel , when you can just drive in with a truck bomb, a suicided vest, ext....Airlines there are very safe....but you can't say that Israel is safe from attacks....Just like as safe as we make airports, then the train blows up, the Suicide attack on a city bus ( or a few )...If they want to kill us, they will find ways..The Airplane itself is not special, its the effect that they want...if it can be done in other ways, so be it, they get same effect.

Surely, it can't be all blamed on ACLU, surely not!

to be fair, there is no reason to just fly into israel , when you can just drive in with a truck bomb, a suicided vest, ext....Airlines there are very safe....but you can't say that Israel is safe from attacks....Just like as safe as we make airports, then the train blows up, the Suicide attack on a city bus ( or a few )...If they want to kill us, they will find ways..The Airplane itself is not special, its the effect that they want...if it can be done in other ways, so be it, they get same effect.

True...as a poor excuse of mine for using just their airport as and example...they set in a geographic area that one could just drive in and so some serious harm.

But, I could be assuming quite a bit here, I would imagine that they have their roadways under the same type/style of access as their airways. Where as we seem to hope to hell that Mexico keeps their side as secure as possible while their citizens are running back & forth like pack-rats via any style/form/technique that they can utilize to gain access to our country. THANK all that is holy that Canada takes watching their borders seriously and maintains a strong policy for entering and exiting!

I think the far more likey way to stop a terrorist attack, is the person themself, the way they look ( not ethnic, I mean are they looking paniced, sweating, other signs)....Well trained terrorist are not going to be because they already have planned ahead how to bypass such security.
You mean like planning ahead in order to not look panicked, not to sweat, but to look calm, peaceful, and completely at ease while going through airport security?

I just want to make sure... Because you seem to think they have the intelligence to defeat other measures of APS but they could not stop themselves from looking like a terrorist about to blow up a plane.

True...as a poor excuse of mine for using just their airport as and example...they set in a geographic area that one could just drive in and so some serious harm.

But, I could be assuming quite a bit here, I would imagine that they have their roadways under the same type/style of access as their airways. Where as we seem to hope to hell that Mexico keeps their side as secure as possible while their citizens are running back & forth like pack-rats via any style/form/technique that they can utilize to gain access to our country. THANK all that is holy that Canada takes watching their borders seriously and maintains a strong policy for entering and exiting!

They make there fake borders like a war zone, they still get threw...I doubt the US can make the whole border of Mexico and Canada anything like it, and think they will have even half the luck with those huge borders.

Hello Folks,

About my previous article "Security first, Civil Liberties second" regarding TSA Airport security actions, and the remarks of SOME of people. First of all the Constitution states:
"Amendment IV"
"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."I contend profiling travelers and searching them does NOT violate this Amendment to our Constitution. The TSA should NOT be concentrating on frequent travelers, little "old ladies" or families traveling with small children.
Again: SECURITY FIRST, CIVIL LIBERTIES SECOND"

As I have already pointed out to you and others, terrorism is about as dangerous to American lives as deer (based upon number of Americans terrorists and deer have killed in the last few decades).

So I will repeat basically the same questions that you guys keep ignoring. Why are you so much more worried about terrorists than the equally dangerous deer? If your attitude really is "SECURITY FIRST, CIVIL LIBERTIES SECOND", then would you advocate empowering cops to violate civil liberties to force the ethnic groups that generally have worse night vision to stop driving on roads in forests where deer live? If not then why not? Such a measure would probably save about as many American lives as what you are proposing.

Why are you so much more worried about terrorists than the equally dangerous deer?
I generally agree with you that the threat is overblown and there are better ways to deal with the threat than sacrificing our liberties, having said that...

Deer aren't trying to kill people... they aren't getting together and training in the woods to wander out of the forest and into the path of an oncoming vehicle in hopes of killing the occupant(s).

I generally agree with you that the threat is overblown and there are better ways to deal with the threat than sacrificing our liberties, having said that...

Deer aren't trying to kill people... they aren't getting together and training in the woods to wander out of the forest and into the path of an oncoming vehicle in hopes of killing the occupant(s).

Oh, I don't know about that...it appears that they stand around the shoulder of the road playing 'DOUBLE DOG DARE YA' and then one of the little darlings takes the dare and some get lucky and some just don't quite make it across unscathed. 'BAM - DEAD DEER ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD' :D

The threat of terrorism has been invented by the US Government because the threat of Russia that the US fabricated is no longe believable even to Americans.

Have you ever considered that in the 2nd world war the country that gave the most and made the biggest contribution to beating the nazis was Russia. But within hardly any time after the war the US was friends with Germany and Japan and at 'cold' war with Russia.

This was an invenion of the US to get suckers into believing they should spend zillions of dollars on weapons and to justify the Government's nefarious activities in other countries. You only had to say the word 'communist' during this period and people would faint in fear even there was no threat from communists at all.

It is exactly the same with terrorism.

You are much much more likely to be killed by one of your fellow citizens so maybe you should have a war on yourselves.

Werbung:
The threat of terrorism has been invented by the US Government because the threat of Russia that the US fabricated is no longe believable even to Americans.

Have you ever considered that in the 2nd world war the country that gave the most and made the biggest contribution to beating the nazis was Russia. But within hardly any time after the war the US was friends with Germany and Japan and at 'cold' war with Russia.

This was an invenion of the US to get suckers into believing they should spend zillions of dollars on weapons and to justify the Government's nefarious activities in other countries. You only had to say the word 'communist' during this period and people would faint in fear even there was no threat from communists at all.

It is exactly the same with terrorism.

You are much much more likely to be killed by one of your fellow citizens so maybe you should have a war on yourselves.

So the Cold War was a fabrication, and terrorism is just part of our collective imagination? Absurd.

Back