I do see in 9Sub post is 9Sub is telling you to know what
you are posting for yourself, and stop quoting something
you really know nothing about.

jb_1430 said:
A government by and for the people?

Show me where this Government is working on the behalf of the
American citizens? However that's the way that it was suppose
to be, but believe me its a looooong ways from being that way,
and tell me what do you mean by hidden from the West?

That was a stupid statement if I never seen one. So tell me
what make you think that countries in the Middle East have to
hide something from the United States? What the US Gov't
should do is to learn how to mind its own business, and stop
trying to be the World Police.

This country has always been the ones who tried to regulate
everything global, and that's why we have been involved in a
bunch of Wars.

What are you telling 9Sub to feel free about?, but what
I do see in 9Sub post is 9Sub is telling you to know what
you are posting for yourself, and stop quoting something
you really know nothing about.

Ive read the Koran and Haddiths. The writings of several Islamic scholars. I usually find I know more about Islamic doctrine than the average muslim I run into on the internet.
Cant help but notice you havent offered as much as a single comment addressing any of the quotes Ive provided. Seems to be typical when discussing Islamic doctrine with a Muslim, they always avoid the doctrine.

Ive read the Koran and Haddiths. The writings of several Islamic scholars. I usually find I know more about Islamic doctrine than the average muslim I run into on the internet.
Cant help but notice you havent offered as much as a single comment addressing any of the quotes Ive provided. Seems to be typical when discussing Islamic doctrine with a Muslim, they always avoid the doctrine.

There is a big difference between reading and understanding. Just ask any scholar of any faith.

There is a big difference between reading and understanding. Just ask any scholar of any faith.

Thats why I provide the interpretations of Islamic doctrine from the writings of Muslims. My understanding is irrelevent as Ive provided the understandings of Qutb. Besides, nobody has even addressed my interpretations, Qutb's or the plain and simple meaning of the verses quoted directly from the Koran. Just this general, non specific 'nuh hu, is not' over and over again.

Feel free to do so.

It is a great article Coyote. I've already posted it 2 times.

Anyway jb_1430, here are some bible quotes that rival the evil ones in the Koran:

Exodus 22:18 Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

Exodus 22:20 He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the LORD only, he shall be utterly destroyed.

Luke 19:27 "But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me." -Jesus Christ

Matthew 10:34 "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword." -Jesus Christ

2 John 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

Romans 1 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

On Punishing ‘Immorality’

Leviticus 20:9
If anyone curses his father or mother, he must be put to death.
20:10 If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife—with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death.
20:13 If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death.
Deuteronomy 22:20-1 If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the girl’s virginity can be found, she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done a disgraceful thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father’s house.
Exodus 35:2
For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death.
On Destroying Other People

Deuteronomy 7:1-2 When the Lord your God brings you into the land you are entering to possess and drives out before you many nations . . . then you must destroy them totally. Make no treaty with them, and show them no mercy.
20:10-17 When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. When the Lord your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. . . . This is how you are to treat all the cities that are at a distance from you and do not belong to the nations nearby.
However, in the cities of the nations the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. Completely destroy them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the Lord your God has commanded you.
On the Evil of Biblical Law

Ezekiel 20:25-26 I also gave them over to statutes that were not good and laws they could not live by; I let them become defiled through their gifts—the sacrifice of every firstborn—that I might fill them with horror so they would know that I am the LORD.
On Slavery & Subjugation of Women

Ephesians 5:22-24 Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
Exodus 21:20-21 If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property.
1 Peter 2:13 Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every authority instituted among men.
2:18 Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh.
Leviticus 25:44-45
Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property.

I believe someone else has already posted a bunch, and I will find some more for you... not to prove Christianity is evil but to prove that:

1. Taking quotes does not back up your argument, as you do not follow the quotes above but are a Christian.

2. Islam is only a bad religion if those who follow it take the violent passages literally

Notice theres not one telling Christians to "kill" or "fight" against the unbelievers. That could be why Christians have been compelled by their religious doctrine to kill, what ? 6 people since 1993. Whereas Muslims were probably compelled by their doctrine to kill 6 people this morning.
And I am an atheist.

It is a great article Coyote. I've already posted it 2 times.

Anyway jb_1430, here are some bible quotes that rival the evil ones in the Koran:

Exodus 22:18 Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

Exodus 22:20 He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the LORD only, he shall be utterly destroyed.

Luke 19:27 "But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me." -Jesus Christ

Matthew 10:34 "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword." -Jesus Christ

2 John 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

Romans 1 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

On Punishing ‘Immorality’

Leviticus 20:9
If anyone curses his father or mother, he must be put to death.
20:10 If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife—with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death.
20:13 If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death.
Deuteronomy 22:20-1 If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the girl’s virginity can be found, she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done a disgraceful thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father’s house.
Exodus 35:2
For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death.
On Destroying Other People

Deuteronomy 7:1-2 When the Lord your God brings you into the land you are entering to possess and drives out before you many nations . . . then you must destroy them totally. Make no treaty with them, and show them no mercy.
20:10-17 When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. When the Lord your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. . . . This is how you are to treat all the cities that are at a distance from you and do not belong to the nations nearby.
However, in the cities of the nations the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. Completely destroy them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the Lord your God has commanded you.
On the Evil of Biblical Law

Ezekiel 20:25-26 I also gave them over to statutes that were not good and laws they could not live by; I let them become defiled through their gifts—the sacrifice of every firstborn—that I might fill them with horror so they would know that I am the LORD.
On Slavery & Subjugation of Women

Ephesians 5:22-24 Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
Exodus 21:20-21 If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property.
1 Peter 2:13 Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every authority instituted among men.
2:18 Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh.
Leviticus 25:44-45
Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property.

I believe someone else has already posted a bunch, and I will find some more for you... not to prove Christianity is evil but to prove that:

1. Taking quotes does not back up your argument, as you do not follow the quotes above but are a Christian.

2. Islam is only a bad religion if those who follow it take the violent passages literally

Perhaps youve missed the world wide campaign of violent Islamic Jihad.

What? Can't you understand the most simple of points in this discussion?? Islam is only a bad religion when people put its bad teachings into practice. Those Christian quotes I posted above, if someone followed them, then Christianity would become a violent religion too. It depends on how people interpret and practice their religion. Violent Islamic Jihad is one (bad) way of following the teachings. There is also the peaceful Islam, which is not, in practice, the same religion at all, and is certainly not 'at it again.'

Notice theres not one telling Christians to "kill" or "fight" against the unbelievers.

Seems that one is...

That could be why Christians have been compelled by their religious doctrine to kill, what ? 6 people since 1993. Whereas Muslims were probably compelled by their doctrine to kill 6 people this morning. And I am an atheist.

Christianity has certainly had its bloody periods. Or does no one remember the Inquisition? How about the Age of Religious Warfare? How about what Christians did to the Western Hemisphere in the name of their faith?

People can use religion to justify anything. Christians aren't using it to justify violence as much anymore but Muslims are. Are you honestly naive enough to believe that this is because Islamic doctrine is "more" violent? Are you honestly naive enough to believe that Islam is the only cause (or even the biggest cause) of the violent jihad of the last few decades?

I don't think that Islamic doctrine is by any means innocent; but neither do I believe that a few words printed on a piece of paper that were written by a guy who has been dead for more than a millennium can create an entire army of men willing to fight and die "for the cause." There have to other factors, both conscious and unconscious, present to make a man a killer (and certainly to make a man a suicide bomber). Islam isn't the reason; it is the excuse.

Thank you very much for making that clear to jb_1430.
According to his post its like saying...I know how you feel,
and can't understand why a person is feeling that way.

jb-1430 said:
Thats why I provide the interpretations
of Islamic doctrine from the writings of Muslims.
My understanding is irrelevent as Ive provided the under
standings of Qutb. Besides, nobody has even addressed
my interpretations, Qutb's or the plain and simple meaning
of the verses quoted directly from the Koran.
Just this general, non specific 'nuh hu, is not' over and over again.

You are not providing anything on your own, but what you are
doing to reading books, and thinking that you is a know it all.
Why don't you shut the hell up sometimes, and because you
don't listen is why nobody addresses your interpretations.
They are from far out left field, and nobody have to give you
a reply on something that you don't understand yourself.

How do you know that the so-called written documents is
by Muslims? In closing
jb_1430 said:
I usually find I know
more about Islamic doctrine than the average muslim I run
into on the internet. jb-1430, in that quote you admitted
what you know is from the internet.

I am a Muslim jb, and you are a non-Muslim. Which means you
will NEVER know more about my religion & faith then I do.
So get out of being in denial. Stop faking like you know every
thing, and learn how to get out into reality to get real answers.

What? Can't you understand the most simple of points in this discussion??

What you dont understand is that while Christianity calls upon its followers to

"Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every authority instituted among men"

Islam calls for the destruction of every authority instituted among men. While Christians are told to render unto ceasar that which is ceasars, Muslims are insructed

[9.29] Fight those who do not believe in Allah, .... until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection.

While Christianity dictates no particuliar form of government, Islam calls for the Islamic Caliphate applying the Shariah as the only source of law AND fighting to instill its authority over the whole of the earth.

Thats why with Christian Fundamentalism you primarily end up with self righteous, judgemental, blue haired old ladies who vacation in Israel. With Islamic fundamentalism you end up with a violent, worldwide Islamic campaign of jihad in the ways of allah. THE WORDS IN THE DOCTRINE!

While you post what God commanded the Jews to do to the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites, thousands of years ago, I post what allah commands all his followers to do today, [2.191] And kill them wherever you find them...!!!!

Islam calls for the destruction of every authority instituted among men. While Christians are told to render unto ceasar that which is ceasars, Muslims are insructed

[9.29] Fight those who do not believe in Allah, .... until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection.

While Christianity dictates no particuliar form of government, Islam calls for the Islamic Caliphate applying the Shariah as the only source of law AND fighting to instill its authority over the whole of the earth.

And once again you are ignoring the only point I am trying to prove. I am NOT trying to prove Islam does not have violent commands in it about infidels etc. My point is that IT DEPENDS ON WETHER OR NOT YOU INTERPET IT AS SUCH.

Therefore, if you do not follow the violent passages of the Koran, the religion itself is not violent, and so it is not the 'religion of peace' which is commiting the violence, but a different form of Islam that is not peaceful.

However, if you wish to keep on bringing up the violence in the Koran even though I am not debating wether it is there or not is up to you. Beating the strawman, you must be some kind of ninja expert at it by now, your beating the crap out of it all the time.

Thats why with Christian Fundamentalism you primarily end up with self righteous, judgemental, blue haired old ladies who vacation in Israel. With Islamic fundamentalism you end up with a violent, worldwide Islamic campaign of jihad in the ways of allah. THE WORDS IN THE DOCTRINE!

While you post what God commanded the Jews to do to the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites, thousands of years ago, I post what allah commands all his followers to do today, [2.191] And kill them wherever you find them...!!!!

Thats a new testament quote. But you don't follow that... just like not all Muslims follow [2.191] And kill them wherever you find them.

Werbung:

Face it guy. You can't get through to apologists. If islamists killed off their entire families, they would not condemn islam. They are very quick to condemn Christianity for any and all reasons but not islam for any reason.

Back