Religion of Peace At It Again

Werbung:
I'm still in awe of how this is "The religion of peace" If you wish to associate all muslims with this **** that the islamic extremists are doing, then I hereby proclaim all christians are a threat since some blew up an abortion clinic. Stop the stereotyping. The ratio of peaceful muslims to extremists in islam is likely on par with the ratio of violent christians to non violent (note that islam has many many more followers than christianity and thus more extremists are to be expected if the ratios are similar) While I'm speaking completely without base, so are you. This is derogatory and inflammatory and as a mod I believe you should try and stay focused on at least being somewhat servile to the Terms of Service.

I am aware that not all Muslims are terrorists and most numbers I've seen puts the radical wing of Islam at around 2-4%. Unfortunately, this is about 39-52 million people.

Let's not be politically correct to the point of blindness here. It is Muslims who currently pose the biggest threat to this country right now.

I am aware that not all Muslims are terrorists and most numbers I've seen puts the radical wing of Islam at around 2-4%. Unfortunately, this is about 39-52 million people.

Let's not be politically correct to the point of blindness here. It is Muslims who currently pose the biggest threat to this country right now.

Perhaps it is Muslims that pose the biggest threat to America right now, but that does not mean the "Religion of Peace" poses a threat to America. I believe all r0beph is doing is making that distinction, albeit somewhat more colorfully.

Perhaps it is Muslims that pose the biggest threat to America right now, but that does not mean the "Religion of Peace" poses a threat to America. I believe all r0beph is doing is making that distinction, albeit somewhat more colorfully.

I think it is silly for Islam to refer to itself as the "Religion of Peace" when its followers fly planes into American buildings and then the so-called moderate Muslims in Israel are dancing in the streets.

When an abortion clinic is bombed in name of Christianity, there is immediate ringing condemnation throughout the entire faith and that individual is renounced and ostracized from the community -- not hailed as martyrs in their ongoing war against the West.

I think it is silly for Islam to refer to itself as the "Religion of Peace" when its followers fly planes into American buildings and then the so-called moderate Muslims in Israel are dancing in the streets.

When an abortion clinic is bombed in name of Christianity, there is immediate ringing condemnation throughout the entire faith and that individual is renounced and ostracized from the community -- not hailed as martyrs in their ongoing war against the West.

Exactly and how many abortion clinics have been bombed I'm going to go out on a limb and say probably less than 75 across the nation.
How many suicide bombings have there been or just bombings in general I lost count someone tell me.

Also one poll stated that 26% of muslims dont condemn suicide bombing.
How many Christians encourage bombing abortion clinics? its like comparing apples to oranges.

Exactly and how many abortion clinics have been bombed I'm going to go out on a limb and say probably less than 75 across the nation.
How many suicide bombings have there been or just bombings in general I lost count someone tell me.

Also one poll stated that 26% of muslims dont condemn suicide bombing.
How many Christians encourage bombing abortion clinics? its like comparing apples to oranges.

Abortion clinic bombers have only killed 24 people but that's not the point. The point is that Christians can't condemn these people fast enough, whereas Muslims always add caveats to their denunciation of Islamic terrorists or refuse to condemn them and instead blame the conditions that drove them to kill. "I condemn terrorism" should never be followed by "but". And while I'm at it, neither should the phrase "I support the troops".

I'm still in awe of how this is "The religion of peace" If you wish to associate all muslims with this **** that the islamic extremists are doing, then I hereby proclaim all christians are a threat since some blew up an abortion clinic. Stop the stereotyping. The ratio of peaceful muslims to extremists in islam is likely on par with the ratio of violent christians to non violent (note that islam has many many more followers than christianity and thus more extremists are to be expected if the ratios are similar) While I'm speaking completely without base, so are you. This is derogatory and inflammatory and as a mod I believe you should try and stay focused on at least being somewhat servile to the Terms of Service.

Hold your horses there, buckaroo!

You said: ...islamic extremists are doing, then I hereby proclaim all christians are a threat since some blew up an abortion clinic...

What a preposterous comparison! We get a couple wacko Christians who take their personal interpretation of Christian principles and get motivated to go blow up an abortion clinic and compare that with a religion that is currently recruiting children as young as elementary school age to strap bombs on their bodies and go to crowded areas and take out as many infidels as possible? From the 1998 clinic bombing incident, to the Christian atrocities in Bosnia, to Hitler (who professed to be acting as a Christian but history has proven otherwise), to the Northern Ireland conflicts, to further back in history to the Crusades, and so on, Christians CONDEMN and for the most part are totally united in that condemnation. And yet you would use that as a comparison to what is going on in radical Muslim sects today?

You said: The ratio of peaceful muslims to extremists in islam is likely on par with the ratio of violent christians to non violent (note that islam has many many more followers than christianity and thus more extremists are to be expected if the ratios are similar)

This is totally erroneous. I have no idea where you get that sort of statistic. If you have any sort of reliable source, please site it here. It does not exist. As of 2005, Christianity made up 33.06% globally of people adhering to a religion. Muslims were 20.28%. This is from TV Canada, which is very much like the BBC or the United States PBS. They are supposed to be accurate in this type of documented information. Those percentages equate to 2.1 billion and 1.3 billion, respectively. You chose to cite an abortion clinic bombing. To give more credit, there were several clinic bombings and shooting incidents, from 1991 to 2003. These were all perpetrated by a group calling themselves the "Army of God." There are 16, yes only 16 confirmed participants in the activities of this group. Yet you would dare claim that there is parity in the ratios between violent Christians and violent Muslims?

You say: While I'm speaking completely without base, so are you. This is derogatory and inflammatory...

After making those incindiary claims you then note that you are speaking without base? USMC is NOT speaking without base. He was not generally condemning Muslims. They do claim the Religion of Peace title. You may wish to check this website, Religion of Peace; it's an excellent summation of what the MAJORITY of Muslims generally adhere to, no matter their sect but notably with some variations. I'm speaking in general, just as Christians in general claim the Religion of Salvation title.

And that is exactly where USMC is coming from. Through all the acts of violence and even atrocity against innocents, where has the outcry been from the greater Muslim community? Leaders have been few and far between condemning these acts. His claims were not without base. Yours certainly are, as you yourself admit. Therefore, YOUR statements are the derogatory and inflammatory ones.

To not be able to speak truthfully about events for fear of offending someone is political correctness to the extreme, and civility gone awry.

Islam is a religion of vilonce, ignorance, killing, bombs, suicide attacks and destroy every thing. The main victims of it are women who live like slaves under muslim men.
Even Mohammad, the founder, have killed and kidnapped hundreds of peoples.

I am aware that not all Muslims are terrorists. Let's not be politically correct to the point of blindness here.
It is Muslims who currently pose the biggest threat to this country right
now.

THIS COUNTRY?? Damn USMC, Why are you so blinded to the fact
that we are not ANGELS neither. The US Gov't (again) is in more
conflicts worldwide then any other country global.
If Muslims is currently posing the biggest threat to this country
right now. Then tell me why is the government steadly allowing
people from Muslim nations to enter the United States? That
statement do not make any senses USMC.

Do you think that IF I knew that a so-called friend or neighbor
was a thief or child rapist, and I would go even farther to say
a killer that I would allow that person to be around my family?
So according to your statement you are making a claim that
my people is a threat, and yet they are coming into America
by the thousands per day.

USMC the Almighty said:
I think it is silly for Islam to refer to itself
as the "Religion of Peace" when its followers fly planes into American
buildings and then the so-called moderate Muslims in Israel are dancing
in the streets.

Again USMC, Your thinking is wrong against Sir, Why I am saying
that is because regardless to what you think Islam is a Religion
of Peace. Plus you are classifying ALL Muslims as people who fly
planes into buildings. Why don't you point your finger at the many
mistakes that our so-called US Gov't is making?

NOT ALL MUSLIMS TERRORIST. What's so hard to understand
about that? There is Muslims who is against terrorist. So why
that's not focused on like you are doing to terrorist?

OPGhostdog said:
Again USMC, Your thinking is wrong against Sir, Why I am saying that is because regardless to what you think Islam is a Religion of Peace. Plus you are classifying ALL Muslims as people who fly planes into buildings. Why don't you point your finger at the many mistakes that our so-called US Gov't is making?

NOT ALL MUSLIMS TERRORIST. What's so hard to understand about that? There is Muslims who is against terrorist. So why that's not focused on like you are doing to terrorist?
Just an observation -
Imagine the glee of an Islamic extremist while reading your post. I expect that he or she couldn't thank you enough for redirecting the responsibility for their actions squarely at the feet of the US government. Oh the bliss of having a scapegoat for every malicious act I could commit knowing that you and your ilk could somehow rationalize my behavior.

I am curious. How does criticism of Islamic terrorism and the lack of a united Muslim voice against it take a back seat to the mistakes of the US government? While I concede that the US govt has and will continue to make mistakes, I fail to see how that absolves Islamic terrorists of any responsibility for their actions and precludes us from pointing this out. Please rationalize this for us.

-Castle

Just an observation -
Imagine the glee of an Islamic extremist while reading your post. I expect that he or she couldn't thank you enough for redirecting the responsibility for their actions squarely at the feet of the US government. Oh the bliss of having a scapegoat for every malicious act I could commit knowing that you and your ilk could somehow rationalize my behavior.

I am curious. How does criticism of Islamic terrorism and the lack of a united Muslim voice against it take a back seat to the mistakes of the US government? While I concede that the US govt has and will continue to make mistakes, I fail to see how that absolves Islamic terrorists of any responsibility for their actions and precludes us from pointing this out. Please rationalize this for us.

-Castle

What I SHOULD have said was...All Muslims are NOT Terrorist.
That's what I meant to say in my post, due to the fact that
most Americans do believe that all Muslims are alike.
So what you want me to do....lie about how our government
really is? I do not have to be a Extremist to express what I see,
and what I don't like.

Hell Yeah...I am pissed about how people lose their lifes in a
un called for War. Now to reply to your scapegoat statement.
Hell Yeah the government is using innocent people as a
scapegoat, and I did not bite my lips.

OR is the American government being used as a scapegoat
in the middle east? However I doult that very seriously, due
to the fact that we entered into a conflict that really did not
concern us.

I was watching Cleopatra tonight on TBS, and to see the
conflict between the Egyptians & Romans for power gave
me a insight concerning the Holy War. Now we have jumped
in the holy war its now a War to control oil.

In closing...In all due respect who really care about your
behavior. :D I was raised up in a family environment where
the old saying was...if the shoe fits wear it, and I see that
it fit your feet cause your name isn't USMC.

OPGhostdog said:
What I SHOULD have said was...All Muslims are NOT Terrorist. That's what I meant to say in my post, due to the fact that most Americans do believe that all Muslims are alike. So what you want me to do....lie about how our government really is? I do not have to be a Extremist to express what I see, and what I don't like.
"MOST Americans do believe that ALL Muslims are all alike" Why do you exaggerate? I'm sure some Americans believe that but it is, at the very least, dishonest for you to make that claim. Who is asking you to lie? I'm glad that you speak out when you don't like something. You must afford that right to others as well.

OPGhostdog said:
Hell Yeah...I am pissed about how people lose their lifes in a un called for War. Now to reply to your scapegoat statement. Hell Yeah the government is using innocent people as a scapegoat, and I did not bite my lips..
Ah yes, much like Islamic Jihad, Hamas and Al Qaeda have used the US and Israel for decades to justify their bloodbaths. Something to remember - These savage groups were slaughtering people long before we were in Afghanistan or Iraq in your so called "uncalled for" war.

OPGhostdog said:
OR is the American government being used as a scapegoat in the middle east? However I doult that very seriously, due to the fact that we entered into a conflict that really did not concern us
Exactly which conflict was it that didn't really concern us? I have my doubts about what we are doing there now but I have no questions about our involvement since 1991.

OPGhostdog said:
In closing...In all due respect who really care about your behavior. :D I was raised up in a family environment where the old saying was...if the shoe fits wear it, and I see that it fit your feet cause your name isn't USMC.
In the context of how I used "my behavior" if I were an Islamic terrorist, I am not surprised that you do not care. You appear to have another agenda.
Also, you are correct, my name is not USMC. If your rather obscure point is to suggest that I should not respond to a post you made in this forum, my suggestion to you would be to send a private message if you wish no one else to comment.

-Castle

Castle said:
"MOST Americans do believe that ALL Muslims are all alike" Why do you exaggerate? I'm sure some Americans believe that but it is, at the very least, dishonest for you to make that claim. Who is asking you to lie? I'm glad that you speak out when you don't like something. You must afford that right to others as well.

I think that its very dis-honest and dis-respectful for Americans
to believe that All Muslims is alike. I can make any claim that I
choose to make if its defending what I believe in. As far as lying
.... I do not have to be a Extremist to express what I see or lie
about anything concerning what I dislike about our government.

What I call lying would be for me to say..Oh no Bush isn't in Iraq
because of oil, and I know damn well what the Middle East war is
all about.

When its comes down to my religion and faith I will speak out to
defend them. Just like most of you Americans defend Bush. I am
a American born citizen, but just because I am a citizen do not
mean that I have to agree with everything, and its my rights to
speak out especially after Viet Nam a senseless war.

Werbung:
What I SHOULD have said was...All Muslims are NOT Terrorist.
That's what I meant to say in my post, due to the fact that
most Americans do believe that all Muslims are alike.
So what you want me to do....lie about how our government
really is? I do not have to be a Extremist to express what I see,
and what I don't like.

We should listen to sensible Muslims like Abdel Rahman al-Rashed, general manager of the al-Arabiya news channel, who wrote in the Arab News two years ago what our own officials struggle to say:

"It is a certain fact that not all Muslims are terrorists, but it is equally certain, and exceptionally painful, that almost all terrorists are Muslims. ... We cannot clear our names unless we own up to the shameful fact that terrorism has become an Islamic enterprise; an almost exclusive monopoly, implemented by Muslim men.''

Furthermore, it doesn't help your case when a large sect of the Muslim population refuses to condemn the Islamic terrorism.

Hell Yeah...I am pissed about how people lose their lifes in a
un called for War. Now to reply to your scapegoat statement.
Hell Yeah the government is using innocent people as a
scapegoat, and I did not bite my lips.

OR is the American government being used as a scapegoat
in the middle east? However I doult that very seriously, due
to the fact that we entered into a conflict that really did not
concern us.

I was watching Cleopatra tonight on TBS, and to see the
conflict between the Egyptians & Romans for power gave
me a insight concerning the Holy War. Now we have jumped
in the holy war its now a War to control oil.

Come on, you can't really believe this.

Back