Rep. John Murtha (RINO-PA) dies

Crime is legal if you have the governments permission.

So the people gave him the permission? Please correct me If I'm wrong because I would like to be corrected and your stating that the people of the United States gave Murtha permission to be corrupted? The Constitution of the United States begins with and I quote the preamble"We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America." Pretty much forming our government? So I ask again did the people give Murtha permission to commit a crime?

Werbung:
What irritates me is that this man is one of a select few that actually served his country and went on to Congress. I mean how many of you can say that about your congressional representatives? I wish it was mandatory to serve in the military before you take a seat in Congress or the White House. Hell even The SCOTUS. Maybe if these politicians and there lackeys served in our armed forces the wouldn't be so bold and out of touch with the rest of the nation then they are now? By the way I would like someone to name one politician that isn' corrupt and had their day in court?

You are quite interesting kt, no other mliitary man I know feels as you do.

they all took their service seriously as they should, but they all shared a sense of honor and duty to their country and it's citizens.

I am thankful for the service of all our military from you, to Murtha and on through my family. but most have lives seperate from that and that stands by it's own standards.

So the people gave him the permission?
Since when does government need our permission to do anything?

Rep. John Murtha (D-PA) and the rest of the PMA Seven: Rep. John Murtha made headlines in 2009 for all the wrong reasons.

The Pennsylvania congressman is under federal investigation for his corrupt relationship with the now-defunct defense lobbyist PMA Group. PMA, founded by a former Murtha associate, has been the congressman's largest campaign contributor.

Since 2002, Murtha has raised $1.7 million from PMA and its clients. And what did PMA and its clients receive from Murtha in return for their generosity? Earmarks -- tens of millions of dollars in earmarks. In fact, even with all of the attention surrounding his alleged influence peddling, Murtha kept at it.

Following an FBI raid of PMA's offices earlier in 2009, Murtha continued to seek congressional earmarks for PMA clients, while also hitting them up for campaign contributions. According to The Hill, in April, "Murtha reported receiving contributions from three former PMA clients for whom he requested earmarks in the pending appropriations bills." When it comes to the PMA scandal, Murtha is not alone.

As many as six other Members of Congress are currently under scrutiny according to The Washington Post. They include: Peter J. Visclosky (D-IN.), James P. Moran Jr. (D-VA), Norm Dicks (D-WA.), Marcy Kaptur (D-OH), C.W. Bill Young (R-FL.) and Todd Tiahrt (R-KS.). Of course rather than investigate this serious scandal, according to Roll Call House Democrats circled the wagons, "cobbling together a defense to offer political cover to their rank and file."

The Washington Post also reported in 2009 that Murtha's nephew received $4 million in Defense Department no-bid contracts: "Newly obtained documents…show Robert Murtha mentioning his influential family connection as leverage in his business dealings and holding unusual power with the military."

You are quite interesting kt, no other mliitary man I know feels as you do.

they all took their service seriously as they should, but they all shared a sense of honor and duty to their country and it's citizens.

I am thankful for the service of all our military from you, to Murtha and on through my family. but most have lives seperate from that and that stands by it's own standards.

The reason I feel the way I do is that despite Murtha's past and what he said or did. He still served his country. I didn't agree with everything the man did but at least he could say he served. I just wish the other members of congress with the exception of a select few would have done the same. Maybe if they known what it was like to actually sacrifice and know the true meaning of that word then maybe they would take their job more seriously and we wouldn't be where we are today. That goes for those who get elected to the White House and sit on the SCOTUS.

The reason I feel the way I do is that despite Murtha's past and what he said or did. He still served his country. I didn't agree with everything the man did but at least he could say he served. I just wish the other members of congress with the exception of a select few would have done the same. Maybe if they known what it was like to actually sacrifice and know the true meaning of that word then maybe they would take their job more seriously and we wouldn't be where we are today. That goes for those who get elected to the White House and sit on the SCOTUS.

I am sure you feel the same way about the Republican Congressman Randy Cunningham? He was a Navy Flying Ace, but is now wallowing in prison with an 8 year prison sentence for corruption (rightfully so).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_Cunningham#Sentencing

160px-Duke_Cunningham.jpg

I am sure you feel the same way about the Republican Congressman Randy Cunningham? He was a Navy Flying Ace, but is now wallowing in prison with an 8 year prison sentence for corruption (rightfully so).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_Cunningham#Sentencing

160px-Duke_Cunningham.jpg

Gipper you don't get the just of my argument? Cunningham at one point before he went to jail was admired just like Murtha and for anyone in Congress to go jail or to die doesn't mean they didn't serve their country with honor while in the military. Murtha died yesterday and already some people we're happy that he was gone. Fine what ever floats your boat. Let me ask you something Gipper if Cunningham wasn't convicted would you be singing a different tone? Also just out of curiosity, did you ever serve in the military? The reason I'm asking is because it makes a hell of a lot of difference if you did because then you would know where I'm coming from.

Gipper you don't get the just of my argument? Cunningham at one point before he went to jail was admired just like Murtha and for anyone in Congress to go jail or to die doesn't mean they didn't serve their country with honor while in the military. Murtha died yesterday and already some people we're happy that he was gone. Fine what ever floats your boat. Let me ask you something Gipper if Cunningham wasn't convicted would you be singing a different tone? Also just out of curiosity, did you ever serve in the military? The reason I'm asking is because it makes a hell of a lot of difference if you did because then you would know where I'm coming from.

You think I must serve in the military to believe what?

As I stated, Cunningham was rightfully imprisoned. And, he does deserve credit for his service to our country as does Murtha. Problem with Murtha is he turned traitorous toward the Haditha Marines, which he was proven to have lied about. He destroyed many lives with his lying statements. Yet, the scumbag never apologized. He dishonored his service, his country, and the Marine Corp. So, I have nothing but disrespect for him.

Do you respect traitors?

yes, I got that part. its a departure from my experience with other military folk.

I never liked the guy, I was disgusted when they re elected him after the things he said about our troops but some people care about him and he is a human being reguardless of if I like him or his politics.

Mostly though, I remember when Charlton Heston died ( I was on another site back then) and the first stuff people were posting was things like...

I guess that means we can have his gun now

making a great deal of fun that he died. It really bothered me, so I try not to be as mean as the people I saw.

Mertha has family and friends who are probably really upset right now. It has to be sad for them.

I thought Mertha was a democrat, but people keep calling him a RINO and little r

did he change parties?

No, he did not change party, he became so radical he did not know who or what he was. I guess his true LOVE was "EARMARKS" which he used like poker chips!

No, he did not change party, he became so radical he did not know who or what he was. I guess his true LOVE was "EARMARKS" which he used like poker chips!

he hitched his wagon to Big Nancy who took him veering left.

he was really just in it for the pork so those particulars were meaningless to him.

Honor is hard to earn and easy to lose. Murtha lost whatever honor he had when he convicted Marines without a trial just to score some political points. I wouldn't wish death by peritonitis on anyone, but I can honestly say I'm conflicted in my emotions about how he died. I know I felt gut shot the way he treated the military...

Another of the worst generation passes, hopefully someone better will replace him. The bar isn't set too high.

Werbung:
You think I must serve in the military to believe what?

As I stated, Cunningham was rightfully imprisoned. And, he does deserve credit for his service to our country as does Murtha. Problem with Murtha is he turned traitorous toward the Haditha Marines, which he was proven to have lied about. He destroyed many lives with his lying statements. Yet, the scumbag never apologized. He dishonored his service, his country, and the Marine Corp. So, I have nothing but disrespect for him.

Do you respect traitors?

Was Murtha convicted of Treason? I've stated I disagree with what a lot he said in particular in regards to the Marines at Haditha. So are you still keeping tabs with those Marines in regards to Haditha or is this just a flavor of the week for you to Bash Murtha? It's obvious you never served in the military but that is neither here nor there.

Back