Rep. John Murtha (RINO-PA) dies

Was Murtha convicted of Treason? I've stated I disagree with what a lot he said in particular in regards to the Marines at Haditha. So are you still keeping tabs with those Marines in regards to Haditha or is this just a flavor of the week for you to Bash Murtha? It's obvious you never served in the military but that is neither here nor there.

Why don't you check on those Marines he tried to imprison for life and see what they think of Murtha?

Werbung:
Was Murtha convicted of Treason? I've stated I disagree with what a lot he said in particular in regards to the Marines at Haditha. So are you still keeping tabs with those Marines in regards to Haditha or is this just a flavor of the week for you to Bash Murtha? It's obvious you never served in the military but that is neither here nor there.

I expect John Murtha will cast several democrat votes in the next election this fall!

Why don't you check on those Marines he tried to imprison for life and see what they think of Murtha?

Just so you know I have checked on those marines and it looks like they are doing alright with the exception of a few but the rest of them have either been acquitted or had the charges dropped all together. The reason for all of that is because the justice system worked in their favor and no one appears to be doing any time for anything at the moment. So despite what Murtha said his comments had nothing to do with what's happening in regards to those marines at Haditha. Yes it was wrong for him to make those off the cuff remarks and I'll be the first to admit it. Like I've stated before Gipper. I know what those marines think of Murtha but It's nice to know you thought about them this time around and I'm sure you think about them all the time. :rolleyes: One more thing just to throw this out there. One of the Marines filed a law suit against Murtha but can you guess what document has so far stopped the Law suit from going forward? Here I'll share it with you. The Speech and Debate Clause of the United States Constitution protects Congressmen from liability for comments made during Congressional Debate.[11] Now if that don't upset you then I don't know what would. I'll be the first to admit it, but sometimes the constitution can cause more problems then it solves.

Just so you know I have checked on those marines and it looks like they are doing alright with the exception of a few but the rest of them have either been acquitted or had the charges dropped all together. The reason for all of that is because the justice system worked in their favor and no one appears to be doing any time for anything at the moment. So despite what Murtha said his comments had nothing to do with what's happening in regards to those marines at Haditha. Yes it was wrong for him to make those off the cuff remarks and I'll be the first to admit it. Like I've stated before Gipper. I know what those marines think of Murtha but It's nice to know you thought about them this time around and I'm sure you think about them all the time. :rolleyes: One more thing just to throw this out there. One of the Marines filed a law suit against Murtha but can you guess what document has so far stopped the Law suit from going forward? Here I'll share it with you. The Speech and Debate Clause of the United States Constitution protects Congressmen from liability for comments made during Congressional Debate.[11] Now if that don't upset you then I don't know what would. I'll be the first to admit it, but sometimes the constitution can cause more problems then it solves.

Well that is interesting, but I doubt those Marines feel good about what happened and I bet they feel a bit jaded about their country that they fought for. I would guess many incurred significant legal bills.

The big thing about Murtha was he never apologized even after the truth came out. And, had he helped the Marines instead of stabbing them in the back, those desk jockey pentagon lawyers might have folded their tent rather than persecute man fighting for our freedoms.

Murtha did this to get campaign contributions from kooky leftists. I am sorry he died, but he was a traitor.

Honor is hard to earn and easy to lose. Murtha lost whatever honor he had when he convicted Marines without a trial just to score some political points. I wouldn't wish death by peritonitis on anyone, but I can honestly say I'm conflicted in my emotions about how he died. I know I felt gut shot the way he treated the military...

Another of the worst generation passes, hopefully someone better will replace him. The bar isn't set too high.

He should have sent 4000 of them to die without waiting for real proof of WMD...then he could be a hero...funny you guys always forgive that

He should have sent 4000 of them to die without waiting for real proof of WMD...then he could be a hero...funny you guys always forgive that

I'm sorry, I thought we were talking about Murtha's prejudgment of Marines, not the West's failed analyses of Saddam's deception campaign related to WMD. We had real proof of Saddam's WMD, what we lacked was real proof he'd destroyed them.

Murtha was bad news and did damage to America's
efforts in Iraq! He was corrupt to the bone!

So true...

RIP: Rep. Jack Murtha, the Marine Corpse

On Monday, longtime Pennsylvania Democrat Congressman John Murtha died after complications arising from gallbladder surgery. He was 77.

The Leftmedia headlined his obituaries "U.S. Representative Murtha, Supporter of Troops, Dies at Age 77" and "Pa. Dem Murtha remembered as military advocate." Given his actual history, however, this is the sort of revisionism that was heaped upon the citizens of Oceania in George Orwell's "1984": "We've always been at war with Eastasia."

While many lauded the head of the House defense appropriations subcommittee as a "staunch supporter of the military," he's better known in military circles for his blindly partisan criticism of the Long War and his hasty indictment of eight fellow Marines for supposedly "murdering" innocent civilians "in cold blood" in Haditha, Iraq. (All but one of the defendants have been cleared or had charges dropped; the other is awaiting court-martial.) While Murtha may have had legitimate questions about the tactics used to fight the enemy in Iraq, many took offense at his characterization of our military as cold-blooded killers.

The press conveniently forgets this and other transgressions, such as the ABSCAM scandal of the 1980s, in which Murtha escaped indictment by the skin of his teeth, or, more accurately, by the "D" after his name. The Leftmedia focused instead on his early military life and perceived service to his district by securing dozens of earmarks for projects there.

While we praise Murtha's personal service to the Marine Corps (or as the commander in chief would say, "Marine Corpse"), which spanned nearly four decades on active duty and as a reservist, we cannot condone his behavior once he went from serving his country on the field of battle to representing his district and nation in the halls of Congress. Too often did he epitomize the "culture of corruption" that his good friend Nancy Pelosi hypocritically opposed.

History is a harsh judge when men of character falter. A life which was devoted to service fell into one which was merely self-serving, and Marines everywhere must be saddened that one of their own met his Maker without recanting those false accusations against eight of his brothers.http://patriotpost.us/edition/2010/02/12/digest/print/

2010-02-12-digest.jpg

I'm sorry, I thought we were talking about Murtha's prejudgment of Marines, not the West's failed analyses of Saddam's deception campaign related to WMD. We had real proof of Saddam's WMD, what we lacked was real proof he'd destroyed them.

Actuly we had good evidence he destroyed them in 1998....but of course no one listened to that ...

But its nice to believe a lie , that you know can never be proven wrong....you don't need any proof just the will to believe what you want

Well my friends remember old John Murtha???..one of the most corrupt congressman of all time, yet he never went to prison.

The FBI just released details about Olde Johnny and his corrupt activities last week. Check it out:

FBI Saw Dark Side of Rep. John Murtha

Agency Suspected Lawmaker in Scheme Funneling Funds to Benefit Friends, Ex-Staffers

By Paul Singer
Roll Call Staff
Oct. 25, 2011, Midnight
Last week’s release of FBI documents finally put in writing what nobody had ever said on the record: The FBI suspected that former Rep. John Murtha (D-Pa.) and lobbyists close to him were running a scheme to funnel earmarks to sham companies and nonprofits to benefit the lawmaker’s friends and former staffers.
Bits and pieces of this story were kicked around for years before Murtha died in February 2010. The Los Angeles Times, Roll Call, the Washington Post and others had documented the odd appearance of earmarks for tiny defense contractors that just happened to open an office in western Pennsylvania and just happened to hire one of the lobbying firms close to Murtha and just happened to begin making campaign donations to Murtha and other Members of Congress close to him.
Reporters could do little but assemble the coincidences and couldn’t prove there was anything wrong with the bigger picture.http://www.rollcall.com/issues/57_47/FBI-Saw-Dark-Side-of-Rep-John-Murtha-209736-1.html

Now I searched the major networks (ABC, CBS, MSNBC, PBS, FOX) to see if they reported this story. Only Fox reported it. I then went to Huffpo and Politico and guess what? They failed to report this story.

The hard left New York Times failed to report the story, but their website listed links to sites who reported it. The lib LA Times did not report it. The left wing Wash Post did report it....http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/fbi-was-investigating-rep-murtha-for-corruption-new-records-show/2011/10/18/gIQAtZ8PvL_story.html

Well my friends remember old John Murtha???..one of the most corrupt congressman of all time, yet he never went to prison.

The FBI just released details about Olde Johnny and his corrupt activities last week. Check it out:

Now I searched the major networks (ABC, CBS, MSNBC, PBS, FOX) to see if they reported this story. Only Fox reported it. I then went to Huffpo and Politico and guess what? They failed to report this story.

The hard left New York Times failed to report the story, but their website listed links to sites who reported it. The lib LA Times did not report it. The left wing Wash Post did report it....http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...records-show/2011/10/18/gIQAtZ8PvL_story.html

Murtha a crook ? I'm shocked I tell ya, shocked !

Murtha a crook ? I'm shocked I tell ya, shocked !

We knew he was corrupt and a traitor even before he died. However, our lefty friends refused to admit he was corrupt and that is evidenced by their admiration of him during and after his life. And, by the posts of lefties in this thread.

Werbung:
We knew he was corrupt and a traitor even before he died. However, our lefty friends refused to admit he was corrupt and that is evidenced by their admiration of him during and after his life. And, by the posts of lefties in this thread.

Yes he was certainly the poster boy of corrupt Pennsylvanians. Chicago would have been proud to claim him.

Back