Returning Prayer To Schools - Risky !

Voluntary prayer in schools has never been outlawed. Compulsory prayers are outlawed, of course, since schools are tax supported institutions.

But there is no rule against a student saying a private prayer, or against a voluntary prayer circle outside of class time.

Since I'm sure that someone will bring up the idiot teacher who stopped a student from blessing his food, and the equally idiotic principal who backed the teacher up, they were wrong.

We had a teacher who led prayer circles around the flagpole every morning, just before the kids said the pledge to the flag representing "one nation under god." No one got in trouble for that.

But, before you start in on how we need prayer brought back, meaning compulsory prayer, ask yourself how you'd like one that begins, "There is only one god and he is Allah."

Werbung:
Voluntary prayer in schools has never been outlawed. Compulsory prayers are outlawed, of course, since schools are tax supported institutions.

But there is no rule against a student saying a private prayer, or against a voluntary prayer circle outside of class time.

Since I'm sure that someone will bring up the idiot teacher who stopped a student from blessing his food, and the equally idiotic principal who backed the teacher up, they were wrong.

We had a teacher who led prayer circles around the flagpole every morning, just before the kids said the pledge to the flag representing "one nation under god." No one got in trouble for that.

But, before you start in on how we need prayer brought back, meaning compulsory prayer, ask yourself how you'd like one that begins, "There is only one god and he is Allah."

Suppose i call the FBI on you. Theyre gonna think youre a terrorist with that statement.

if you don't have to say allah ackbar or whatever the functional equivalent of amen is then its not a compulsory prayer. they always tended to be non-denominational so not entirely apples to apples.

You don't offer any evidence to directly link any of these things to school prayer being removed -- one can just as easily point to anything prior this event and claim all of this was the result.
Yes one could...one could also google it..

The founding fathers had it right and we do not today.

The fed should not be establishing a religion. The states, or even local districts, just might - though I do not think that would be wise nor common.

STates and local districts that chose the best policy would thrive while sates or local districts that chose poor policy would fail and thus the best policies would survive - survival of the fittest religious viewpoints. I suspect that the fittest viewpoint would be one that recognized and respected diversity while not being intolerant of individual religious beliefs whether they were very popular or very unpopular. Students and teachers alike could express their personal opinions and no one would be under the illusion that those opinions represented an endorsement from the administration. The admin might take the stance of endorsing one opinion and in certain communities that would be better for all but in other communities that
would be a mistake that would cause the admin to fail. In an Amish community they would choose to act a certain way and those who moved into town would undertand and be understood and resptected. Things might even cange over time. IN a more pluralistic community more pluralistic views wouild prevail. The amish family that amoved into that town would understand and be understood.

if you don't have to say allah ackbar or whatever the functional equivalent of amen is then its not a compulsory prayer. they always tended to be non-denominational so not entirely apples to apples.

If the students have to be there and hear the prayer, whether or not they're required to say "amen", it's still a compulsory prayer.

If you think that the American public would stand still for Muslim prayers in the public schools, then be my guest, support the idea in your local community and see how far you would get.

If the students have to be there and hear the prayer, whether or not they're required to say "amen", it's still a compulsory prayer.

If you think that the American public would stand still for Muslim prayers in the public schools, then be my guest, support the idea in your local community and see how far you would get.

its a compulsory "stand still" then. as to the muslim thing, i'll treat it as the hypothetical it was. failing the non-denominational is enough to make it a non-starter.

its a compulsory "stand still" then. as to the muslim thing, i'll treat it as the hypothetical it was. failing the non-denominational is enough to make it a non-starter.
It can be Muslim and non denominational. It doesn't have to be Sunni or Shiite, any more than it has to be Catholic of Protestant.

Werbung:
Privatize the schools and abolish the dept. of education. Allow parents who home school their children to teach other children as well. There would be an explosion in private micro-schools all competing in the local market for your education dollars. As a result, you would have no problem finding affordable teachers and schools that cater to your specific educational needs.

Back