Romney to Endorse McCain

kida

Former Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney plans to announce Thursday that he is backing Sen. John McCain in his bid for the Oval Office, two sources familiar with the decision said.

One source said Romney wants to endorse McCain "in the interest of healing."

The source said Romney also wants to help McCain move faster to "secure the nomination and unite the party for the general election against the Democrats for November."

Romney will "release" his delegates to McCain, meaning he will encourage them to get behind McCain's candidacy, the source said.
Romney had collected 286 delegates before he suspended his campaign two weeks ago.

Those delegates would give McCain 1,013 total delegates, 78 short of securing the nomination.

The former Massachusetts governor last week suspended his campaign, saying it was in his party's best interest.

Continuing his campaign for the White House would "forestall the launch of a national campaign and be making it easier for Senator [Hillary] Clinton or [Barack] Obama to win."
Full article

Werbung:
thats nice of him to endorse mccain... but I mean who else would he endorse besides no one... i mean he is republican so at some point everyone that bows out will probably endorse mccain.

Werbung:
You'd think so, but Huckabee hasn't. He's still going, even though it's almost impossible that McCain won't be the nominee. Technically, Romney could still get back in. I don't see that happening, though, unless something devastating happened to McCain or his campaign.

Back