School shooter in Connecticut

Invincible Ignorance
Gun control zealots' choice of Britain for comparison with the United States has been wholly tendentious, not only because it ignored the history of the two countries, but also because it ignored other countries with stronger gun control laws than the United States, such as Russia, Brazil and Mexico. All of these countries have higher murder rates than the United States.
You could compare other sets of countries and get similar results. Gun ownership has been three times as high in Switzerland as in Germany, but the Swiss have had lower murder rates. Other countries with high rates of gun ownership and low murder rates include Israel, New Zealand, and Finland.
Guns are not the problem. People are the problem-- including people who are determined to push gun control laws, either in ignorance of the facts or in defiance of the facts.
There is innocent ignorance and there is invincible, dogmatic and self-righteous ignorance. Every tragic mass shooting seems to bring out examples of both among gun control advocates.

I think that explains the issue rather well. Why is it that many Americans refuse to accept the truth and fall for the lies of the gun grabbers?

I would go farther by stating that the leaders of the gun control movement KNOW their policies will not work, but they want the power and control of the people. It is all about power and control.

Werbung:
They are the land of Free “doom” and "democracy"
The United $tate$ of Amne$ia

TheyaretheUnitedStatesofAmnesia_zps4e7aaa85.jpg

Remember when you ran away

And I got on my knees and begged
You not to leave
Because I'd go berserk?
You left me anyhow and then
The days got worse and worse
And now you see I've gone
Completely out of my mind.
And
They're coming to take me away, Ha-ha
They're coming to take me away, Ho-ho
Hee-hee-haa-haa
To the funny farm
Where life is beautiful all the time
And I'll be happy to see those
Nice young men in their clean white coats and
They're coming to take me away, ha-ha! (x 2)
You thought it was a joke
and so you laughed, you laughed,
when I had said that losing you
would make me flip my lid.
Right?
You know you laughed
I heard you laugh
You laughed, you laughed
and laughed and then you left but
Now you know I'm utterly mad
And..and...and....
They're coming to take me away, Ha-ha
They're coming to take me away, Ho-ho
Hee-hee-haa-haa
To the funny farm
Where life is beautiful all the time
[/COLOR]​

SoylaAsociacionNacionaldeRifle_zpsb34c2276.jpg
All but one man died.
There at Bitter Creek.
And they say he ran away.

Branded, scorned as the one who ran.
What do you do when you're branded, and you know you're a man.

Wherever you go, for the rest of your life
You must prove, you're a man.

Full song

All but one man died,
There at Bitter Creek,
And they say he ran away ...

Branded!
Marked with a coward's shame.
What do you do when you're branded,
Will you fight for your name?

He was innocent,
Not a charge was true,
But the world will never know ...

Branded!
Scorned as the one who ran.
What do you do when you're branded,
And you know you're a man?

And wherever you go
for the rest of your life
You must prove ...
You're a man!

so lying is an appropriate response while education is not worth the bother ?

sounds like an avoidance of accountability to me.

Sometimes the problem isn't in use of psychiatric drugs, but the lack of using them. I know a woman who has a severe case of OCD. She's fine on her meds, but occasionally for reasons unkown, she thinks she can go off of them and the problems reappear to the extent of her becoming hysterical. A friend from work's mother has schizophrenia. She's also fine on her meds but she too tries to go off of them now and then and all hell breaks loose in the family when she isn't medicated.

It seems like the majority of senseless muders are committed by young adult males. I don't know how you can even begin to screen all of them.

Always there to take everything in the most negative light, right?

No. . .it is not about "lying." It is about keeping an open mind and KNOWING that adolescent go through difficult stages, some harder than others, and tno wanting to place a stigmatizing diagnosis on young people who might be experiencing a mere "adjustment."

Once again. . .without such easy access to guns, many of those horrible tragedies could be avoided.

Invincible Ignorance
I am still checking his facts, but most hve panned out..
Thomas Sowell
Must every tragic mass shooting bring out the shrill ignorance of "gun control" advocates?
The key fallacy of so-called gun control laws is that such laws do not in fact control guns. They simply disarm law-abiding citizens, while people bent on violence find firearms readily available.
If gun control zealots had any respect for facts, they would have discovered this long ago, because there have been too many factual studies over the years to leave any serious doubt about gun control laws being not merely futile but counterproductive.
Places and times with the strongest gun control laws have often been places and times with high murder rates. Washington, D.C., is a classic example, but just one among many.
When it comes to the rate of gun ownership, that is higher in rural areas than in urban areas, but the murder rate is higher in urban areas. The rate of gun ownership is higher among whites than among blacks, but the murder rate is higher among blacks. For the country as a whole, hand gun ownership doubled in the late 20th century, while the murder rate went down.
The few counter-examples offered by gun control zealots do not stand up under scrutiny. Perhaps their strongest talking point is that Britain has stronger gun control laws than the United States and lower murder rates.
But, if you look back through history, you will find that Britain has had a lower murder rate than the United States for more than two centuries-- and, for most of that time, the British had no more stringent gun control laws than the United States. Indeed, neither country had stringent gun control for most of that time.
In the middle of the 20th century, you could buy a shotgun in London with no questions asked. New York, which at that time had had the stringent Sullivan Law restricting gun ownership since 1911, still had several times the gun murder rate of London, as well as several times the London murder rate with other weapons.
Neither guns nor gun control was not the reason for the difference in murder rates. People were the difference.
Yet many of the most zealous advocates of gun control laws, on both sides of the Atlantic, have also been advocates of leniency toward criminals.
In Britain, such people have been so successful that legal gun ownership has been reduced almost to the vanishing point, while even most convicted felons in Britain are not put behind bars. The crime rate, including the rate of crimes committed with guns, is far higher in Britain now than it was back in the days when there were few restrictions on Britons buying firearms.
In 1954, there were only a dozen armed robberies in London but, by the 1990s-- after decades of ever tightening gun ownership restrictions-- there were more than a hundred times as many armed robberies.
Gun control zealots' choice of Britain for comparison with the United States has been wholly tendentious, not only because it ignored the history of the two countries, but also because it ignored other countries with stronger gun control laws than the United States, such as Russia, Brazil and Mexico. All of these countries have higher murder rates than the United States.
You could compare other sets of countries and get similar results. Gun ownership has been three times as high in Switzerland as in Germany, but the Swiss have had lower murder rates. Other countries with high rates of gun ownership and low murder rates include Israel, New Zealand, and Finland.
Guns are not the problem. People are the problem-- including people who are determined to push gun control laws, either in ignorance of the facts or in defiance of the facts.
There is innocent ignorance and there is invincible, dogmatic and self-righteous ignorance. Every tragic mass shooting seems to bring out examples of both among gun control advocates.
Some years back, there was a professor whose advocacy of gun control led him to produce a "study" that became so discredited that he resigned from his university. This column predicted at the time that this discredited study would continue to be cited by gun control advocates. But I had no idea that this would happen the very next week in the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals.

You make a lot of statements without ever bothering to post links to support those statements.
You call people who would advocate for some gun control "ignorant," but you do not offer any data that show them to be "ignorant!"

England has been a non-violent country for man years, and although they do have guns, the laws on gun control are so strict that even avid proponent of guns must follow those strict laws.

The fact is that countries with higher number of guns per 100 population are MUCH more likely to have gun related death. ..and many of those due to accidents, or lack of care. And the developed countries who do have a fair amount of guns in private hands demonstrate that it is the amount of over seeing and gun control laws that help keep the number of "law artist" death lower (i.e., Switzerland!)

I would suggest that, if you want tto be taken seriously, ou provide REAL facts, rather than your opinoin. . .or at least that you presents some factual linkds.

You make a lot of statements without ever bothering to post links to support those statements.
You call people who would advocate for some gun control "ignorant," but you do not offer any data that show them to be "ignorant!"

England has been a non-violent country for man years, and although they do have guns, the laws on gun control are so strict that even avid proponent of guns must follow those strict laws.

The fact is that countries with higher number of guns per 100 population are MUCH more likely to have gun related death. ..and many of those due to accidents, or lack of care. And the developed countries who do have a fair amount of guns in private hands demonstrate that it is the amount of over seeing and gun control laws that help keep the number of "law artist" death lower (i.e., Switzerland!)

I would suggest that, if you want tto be taken seriously, ou provide REAL facts, rather than your opinoin. . .or at least that you presents some factual linkds.
Did you read my post? Most of Mr. Sowell post can be verified..again because you disagree does not make it untrue...

Did you read my post? Most of Mr. Sowell post can be verified..again because you disagree does not make it untrue...
And all of this is TRUE...In Britain, such people have been so successful that legal gun ownership has been reduced almost to the vanishing point, while even most convicted felons in Britain are not put behind bars. The crime rate, including the rate of crimes committed with guns, is far higher in Britain now than it was back in the days when there were few restrictions on Britons buying firearms.
In 1954, there were only a dozen armed robberies in London but, by the 1990s-- after decades of ever tightening gun ownership restrictions-- there were more than a hundred times as many armed robberies.
Gun control zealots' choice of Britain for comparison with the United States has been wholly tendentious, not only because it ignored the history of the two countries, but also because it ignored other countries with stronger gun control laws than the United States, such as Russia, Brazil and Mexico. All of these countries have higher murder rates than the United States

You make a lot of statements without ever bothering to post links to support those statemen

you post this with your history here ?

I think that explains the issue rather well. Why is it that many Americans refuse to accept the truth and fall for the lies of the gun grabbers?

I would go farther by stating that the leaders of the gun control movement KNOW their policies will not work, but they want the power and control of the people. It is all about power and control.
I have to agree

I suspect most libs never heard of the most esteemed Dr. Sowell...thanks to the lib media that has purposely ignored him for decades. And if by chance they have heard of him, they immediately discount him as an Uncle Tom....just as their leaders tell them too.

Why I Do not believe them
By Jorge Ramos Ávalos

http://tinyurl.com/c3v4ppv

(23 diciembre 2012).- "The worst of all, is that sonner or later, another slaughter will happen again in AMERICA It`s announced.” I wrote that five months ago, after the masacre in Aurora Colorado, killing 12 people. You didn’t need to be a witch or a psychic to predict it. All the conditions were given for another slaughter : the unlimited access to weapons and a congress afraid to put new restrictions on weapons’ sales And it ocurr: 26 persons were murdered in a school in Cannnecticut, including 20 children

I do not believe to politicians who say that they are going to impose limits on the use of weapons. Hey always say the same lie after a slaughter and they do nothing. After the death of 15 people in Columbine High School, in Colorado, on 1999, they didn’t do anything. Nor after the murder of 32 at Virginia Tech in 2007. And now, after the killing of two dozen kindergartners children, they that they will do something about it but they have zero credibility. So do not believe them.

The reality is that we have a Congress with fear. Most members of Congress are afraid to propose new laws limiting the use of weapons.

Why? Because it would face the National Rifle Association (NRA) and the millions of dollars that could reverse the powerful organization against them in the next election. As I said Illinois Rep. Luis Gutierrez, to change current law requires many congressmen willing to lose his job. And, really, I do not know many congressmen that would risk their job.

This is the reality that we must change. Nowhere in the world there are so many massacres in schools as in the United States. In this country there are about one gun for every one of its 300 million inhabitants. One in three households has a gun or a rifle. And it's easier to get a gun to kill than a drug without a prescription.

The rifle used by a gunman is very similar to those used by U.S. troops in the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Owning a rifle of that caliber can have only one purpose: to kill humans. I've never heard of a hunter who goes out looking for deer with rifles that shoot bursts of bullets at one touch of the trigger.

It's a false argument to say that more guns makes us safer. Japan has shown that with less weapons, there are fewer murders There the citizens, with very rare exceptions, are prohibited from carrying weapons..

After a slaughter like this they always end up saying that the killer was "crazy". But the difference in AMERICA is that those "crazy", if indeed they were, have unrestricted access to firearms. Without any firearms, problems and personal vendettas like that of Adam Lanza had not culminated in a massacre.

Right now is unthinkable in AMERICA to ban the Second Amendment of the Constitution, which guarantees the purchase and use of weapons to any citizen. But certainly the circumstances that we now are very different from those that led in 1791 to the adoption of the amendment. Here, the really radical would seek the eradication of the Second Amendment. But there is no political will, even to raise the idea in Congress.

In April 2007 I traveled to Blacksburg to cover the killing of 32 people at Virginia Tech. This time I was surprised how in a moment you may be taking a German class or hydrology and in the next, you're dead.

Shortly after I wrote that it was "crazy that mentally disturbed as Cho Seung Hui can easily buy assault weapons in the United States." And I concluded pessimistically: "Nothing will change". Unfortunately, I was right five years ago. The massacres were repeated one after another. And now we are waiting for the next one. Soon.

Even if U.S. congressmen dared to put aside their political differences and reach an agreement to limit the use of combat weapons, millions of guns and rifles remain in circulation. And that would not touch, or at all, the culture of violence prevailing in the United States, from its two wars to their video games.

So do not think the American politicians when they say that now is the time to do something to prevent more massacres like Newtown. True, America is experiencing a similar duel occurred after the terrorist acts of September 11, 2001. There is this terrible feeling that any of us could have been the parent of one of the 20 children killed.

But I fear the same pessimistic conclusion as before: nothing will change and, again, we're just waiting to happen the next slaughter. Just know when and where.

Twitter: @jorgeramosnews

you post this with your history here ?
Yes, I do.

Maybe you should go back through my history and take note of all the links I posted. They may not be to your liking, but they certainly have been consistently provided.

In the other hand. . . Your bias is still quite evident in the way you continue to make snide comments ONLY to this poster.

I suspect most libs never heard of the most esteemed Dr. Sowell...thanks to the lib media that has purposely ignored him for decades. And if by chance they have heard of him, they immediately discount him as an Uncle Tom....just as their leaders tell them too.

Anyone who has read the articles of Dr. thomas Sowell, the ECONOMIST, should also be aware that others have taken the liberty to write extremists articles that where WRONGLY attributed in the past tho this personality.

Without a factual link, and considering the fact that DR. sowell is NOT known for his knowledge or position on gun control, one should certainly wonder who that "Mr. Sowell" who wrote that article really is.

Werbung:
And all of this is TRUE...In Britain, such people have been so successful that legal gun ownership has been reduced almost to the vanishing point, while even most convicted felons in Britain are not put behind bars. The crime rate, including the rate of crimes committed with guns, is far higher in Britain now than it was back in the days when there were few restrictions on Britons buying firearms.
Gun control zealots' choice of Britain for comparison with the United States has been wholly tendentious, not only because it ignored the history of the two countries, but also because it ignored other countries with stronger gun control laws than the United States, such as Russia, Brazil and Mexico. All of these countries have higher murder rates than the United States

Once again. . . Statements with NO factual links

Here is one more factual link that totally contradict your statement. Please note that the US has over 10 times more gun crimes than the United Kingdom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate

Back