Scores dead as Israel attacks Gaza

Werbung:
Basil

You are arguing against supporters of George Bush so you should not be surprised at their remarkably weak understanding of the issues and especially the appaling way that Palestinians have been treated.

They tend to see the world through the eyes of Fox news and you should not be surprised that they support a nation that invades another counrtry and kills huge numbers of civilians.

They live in and support one that does exactly that. Their maxim is, might is right.

And the news is presented to them as Israelis good, Hamas bad.

Just like christians good, muslims bad.

Cowboys good, indians bad and that sums up their appreciation of history/reality

In the UNRWA schools bombings, the number of dead palestinan civillians increased to 40.

i want some one to define what a war crime is, then compare it to what has been done on the families who were scared out of there homes - another war crime - then went to find safty in the UNRWA schools...........

In the UNRWA schools bombings, the number of dead palestinan civillians increased to 40.

i want some one to define what a war crime is, then compare it to what has been done on the families who were scared out of there homes - another war crime - then went to find safty in the UNRWA schools...........

Such incidents can be usefully avoided in the future by:

(A) Not starting wars you can't win and have no stomach to fight with militarily superior neighbors who have trounced you before; and

(B) Not allowing Hamas thugs to take cover in schools crowded with refugees to fire on Israeli soldiers.

If this report is true, I'd add a third point: stop rigging your own refugee centers with bombs so you can engineer mass casualties to win the support of gullible western yuppies.

i wish to know how did they know that, since Israel had banned all reporters from entering gaza, the only reporters are those who had been in gaza before the attacks occure, and according to them it didnt go as it says in the IDF report!
i belive the Israeli have a good reason for banning reporters of getting the news directly from gaza!
this way they can commet crimes and make up stories like this to cover it up!
why would anyone take his kids and run into a place that is rigged up!
it was a UN school! why didnt the europian or american supervisours of the school report that they had bombs in the basment?? just think more about it plz!!

when you kill 40 civillians in one hit it is a crime of war! and no one can deny it!
stop blaming the victims for dying!

when you kill 40 civillians in one hit it is a crime of war! and no one can deny it!

stop blaming the victims for dying!

Interesting scenario for you mull over - Hamas in the normal course of their conduct of fighting store weapons and explosives etc in schools and Mosques and transport these materials around the various groups of fighters in ambulances. In order to stop this activity what do you suggest?

"Human shields" were an integral part of Iraq's operations in the first Gulf War as they are now used in Afghanistan and so on, its an effective means of crying "war crimes" when they are attacked, however, I put it to you that those using civilians as human shields and using ambulances are the criminals - but then again we are dealing with islamic fundamentalist terrorists!

why would anyone take his kids and run into a place that is rigged up!

Possibly they were not rigged beforehand. I am not accusing Palestinian refugees of stupidity, I am accusing Hamas thugs of barbarism.

Returning fire in a war is not a war crime. Using human shields, however, is.

If you disapprove, stop allowing Hamas to use your schools, hospitals, and refugee centers as combat sites.

i want you to explian, why is israel banning the reporters from getting into gaza, and banning them from saying anything that doesnt come out of the IDF mouth?

dont you think there is somthing the israelis are hiding?

dont you think there is somthing the israelis are hiding?
......like what....... they're attacking Hamas with extreme prejudice?

Based on their dealings with the worlds' press and the reception they usually get I don't think that Israel gives a toss about journalists and espcially what the world thinks about them....... they will do what they feel best suits their purpose!

before i say anything.. just read this :

John Ging, the UNRWA Director of Operations in Gaza, stressed that all UN schools in Gaza are clearly marked, flying the UN flag, and that the organisation has provided the GPS coordinates of all of its installations in the area to Israel. “Those who were in the school were all families seeking refuge,” the UN News Centre quoted him as saying.

and read this,, about the family massacare i mentioned 2 days ago. and how that the rescue teams cant get to the injured civillians in gaza:

Sharon, a volunteer with the International Solidarity Movement, reports from Gaza:

There have been two separate reports about Israeli attacks on funeral tents. We are trying to confirm deaths and injuries for one. The second of the funerals attacked was medic Arafa’s yesterday afternoon; 5 people were injured.

We have also had reports that in the Zaytoun area two days ago, Israeli soliders rounded up a group of people into two houses; women and children into one, men into the other, where they were kept for two days. Then this morning at 11am Israeli forces shelled the houses. We have heard the number of deaths as between 7 and 20. One was a seven year old boy whose father was interviewed on TV while holding his body. We are trying to find out further details. It is getting very hard to keep up with this insanity.

We asked the Jabalia Red Crescent admin person how much of the emergency calls Israel is not letting them go to. These are in areas where co-ordination must be made with the invading forces via the Red Cross to enter. He said they are not being allowed to attend to about 80% of the calls from the north, covering the Beit Lahia, Beit Hanoun, and Jabalia area.

and read this,, about the family massacare i mentioned 2 days ago. and how that the rescue teams cant get to the injured civillians in gaza:

Sharon, a volunteer with the International Solidarity Movement, reports from Gaza:

The International Solidarity Movement (ISM) is a non-governmental organization focused on protesting Israeli activities in the Arab-Israeli conflict. It was founded in 2001 by Ghassan Andoni, a Palestinian activist; Neta Golan, an Israeli activist; Huwaida Arraf, a Palestinian-American; and George N. Rishmawi, a Palestinian activist. Adam Shapiro, an American, joined the movement shortly after its founding and is also often considered one of the founders.

The organization calls on civilians from around the world to participate in acts of non-violent protests against the Israeli military in the West Bank and previously the Gaza Strip. The group has attracted criticism as well as praise for its peaceful methods. It has recently been criticised for working alongside other groups to pressure Palestinian artists to boycott the One Voice Peace Summit and for helping to prevent the Summit from going forward by creating a competing event. ISM and affiliated groups critical of the Summit say that One Voice fails to fully support Palestinian rights guaranteed under international law.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Solidarity_Movement

Not exactly an impartial source..............;)

I am going to renew my call for having permanent peace negotiations in the area on the basis of the "bacon accords".
When two civilizations voluntarily deny themselves the beauty of pork meat, only bad things can happen. I think there might be some positive things to come out of talks that surround cheap beer and roasted pig. Followed up the next morning with bacon, pancakes and eggs.

An acceptance of pork, is an acceptance of peace. :D

those people only concern is to show the human side of the story, they didnt say anything new to me, but since it seems no one belive what i say, i tried to find another sources. of course i wont find any other sources because the israelis had banned any forign jornalists from telling the stories of the people in gaza!

and i didnt hear the comments after the UN denied the IDF news of terroresm presince in the UNRWA schools!! i think this proofs that the IDF is not a reliable source of any kind of news!

Werbung:
and how about this :

Israeli offensive puts families’ and aid workers’ lives at risk, Oxfam warns
A paramedic working for an Oxfam funded organization was killed when an Israeli shell struck a civilian ambulance in Gaza today according to international agency Oxfam. The tragedy illustrates the deadly dangers faced by Palestinian civilians and aid worker said the agency.

Another paramedic lost his foot and a driver was injured in the same incident, which occurred when an ambulance belonging to Oxfam’s partner organization, Union of Health Work Committees, was hit while trying to evacuate an injured person in the Beit Lahiya area, Oxfam said. The UN estimates over 100 civilians have been killed in Gaza over the past week although some other organizations believe the civilian death toll is significantly higher.

“The incident shows yet again that trying to fight a military campaign in the densely populated streets and alleys of the Gaza Strip will inevitably lead to civilian casualties. There are no safe areas and Gazans who want to flee the fighting have been prevented from leaving the Strip,” said Oxfam GB Country Director John Prideaux-Brune in Jerusalem.

The Israeli ground offensive into Gaza, which began on Saturday following a week of heavy bombardment by land, sea and air, is preventing urgently needed supplies of medicine, food, water, and fuel from reaching one and a half million Palestinian women, men and children, Oxfam said.

“Hospitals in Gaza are overflowing with dead and wounded while facing severe shortages of essential medical supplies and spare parts. Oxfam and local partners have had to suspend all our work, apart from emergency medical aid. Many of our colleagues in Gaza are trapped in their homes, and in fear of their and their families’ lives. Others, such as the paramedic Arafa, have lost their lives trying to save others.

“The trickle of humanitarian aid that Israel has sometimes allowed in through one border crossing at Kerem Shalom has been completely inadequate to meet the needs of 1.5 million people – 80% of whom are reliant on this aid. Since the start of the Israeli ground offensive, even that trickle has dried up. An immediate ceasefire is urgently needed to allow essential aid to reach those families who need it,” added Prideaux-Brune.

Oxfam is calling for a binding UN Security Council resolution to demand:

an immediate halt to violence in Gaza and Israel by all parties,
all parties to commit to an immediate, comprehensive and permanent truce,
Israel, Hamas and other parties to permit immediate and unhindered access to and from Gaza for humanitarian and commercial goods, and for people, thereby ending the blockade.
Oxfam is also calling on the European Union to suspend the EU-Israel upgrade process until there is a comprehensive ceasefire in Gaza, and Israel provides unimpeded humanitarian access.
source : http://www.oxfam.org/en/pressroom/p...ted-health-worker-killed-israel-shelling-gaza

oxfam:Oxfam International is a confederation of 13 organizations working with over 3,000 partners in more than 100 countries to find lasting solutions to poverty and injustice.[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxfam

Back