Senator Bill?

mamab

If Hillary were to become either president or vice president, do you think the Governor of New York would be wise to give Hillary's position in the Senate to Bill?

Werbung:
Never thought about that before? Can they actually do that? I would have thought you would have to have some kind of vote? I could be wrong.

Well, I know if a senator dies with term time left, quite often the spouse will be put in their position. I think the Governor has the option to offer the position to the spouse, or they can have a special election. I'm not 100% sure about the situation where the position is vacated for other reasons.

That is an interesting question, and one I never really thought about. Just what does one do in a case like this? Personally, I would be hesitant to have the spouse step in because of a voluntary exit from the position.

Does anyone know if New York has some specific procedure to address this sort of thing?

Now that you say that I think I remember this happening with a senator that died in a plane crash and they appointed the wife to take his place? What I don't really agree with that is what if the spouse believes in different things? I mean there are marriages like that.

Werbung:
I live in New York, and really don't know of the proper procedure. I should really look that up, since this is a feasible possibility. I would hope there would be some kind of vote, but it would probably be be appointment.

Could Bill even be a senator if he was First Gentleman?

Back