Senator Obama condems all his friends

Second, I have never heard Obama refer to Ayers or Wright as "friends" or as "mentors."

Obama on Pastor Wright.

Obama did say he had not heard comments like this, and then did come out later and say he had had and distanced himself.

It was politically poorly handled, but he was able to get past it.

Werbung:

And you have absolutely NO sense of humor. OH, that's right, it's only OK for ******S like Chris Rock, or SPICS like Carlos Mencia to make jokes about CRACKERS, but God forbid if a HONKEY has the temerity to make a joke about a "Black" person. I figure it this way, if it's OK for THEM to call THEMSELVES "******", then it's a perfectly acceptable word for EVERYONE to use, unless of course you're a hypocritical, two-faced, disingenuous piece of trash.

For one thing, you would not be aware of disciplinary actions taken against other members of the forum. Frankly, it isn't any of your business.

Sure I am, because through various discussions with other members, it's patently obvious that you take NO actions against your favorite lib buddies, and only go after conservatives who dare reply to their BS in kind. Oh, and yes, it IS my business, because YOU present this place as an allegedly neutral place for discussing politics, but you're obviously VERY partisan in the enforcement of your VERY vague rules. Simply put, you and the rest of the staff are either extremely hypocritical, or willfully ignorant of what's going on in your own Forum. You decide which it is.

Secondly, there've been so many personal attacks around here lately that it's hard to keep track of them. When they get reported, they get dealt with. When they don't - well, then it's up to whether or not we spot them, and I'm not in the habit of reading many of popeye and top_gun's posts these days. If you have an issue, report it, and we'll discuss the matter and deal with it.

Well isn't that a convenient excuse. Seems like there's a whole lot of that going around these days.

I did not neglect the lack of repentance. Tell me - if you found out that one of your friends had embraced a behavior or idea that you did not agree with - that you in fact disliked virulently - would you end your friendship with that person?

Again you fail to comprehend the fact that we're not talking about embracing a behavior that I may or may not agree with, we're talking about MURDER, BLATANT HATRED AND RACISM. In case you missed it, these things are now called HATE CRIMES, and are punishable under FEDERAL LAW.

Firstly, I am male.

Sure fooled me. Up the dosage on the testesterone treatments.

Secondly, you may or may not have done things that I would find "totally unconscionable," but I doubt it. My grandfather was a scientist attached to the Manhattan Project - whatever you've done, I would be willing to bet that it pales in comparison to helping to create the atomic bomb.

You have NO idea what I've done. And what's "wrong" with helping to develop the atomic bomb? It's deployment took fewer lives than in the firebombings of Tokyo or Dresden, hastened the end of WWII, and saved the lives of over a million Americans, and the utter genocide of the Japanese race.

I'm hardly an authority on Bill Ayers, but just looking around the internet, it appears as though the only people to have died in connection with any of Ayers' actions were members of the Weather Underground who died when a nail bomb they were building exploded. Who did Ayers murder?

A Police Sergeant in San Francisco for one. As has been pointed out by at least on historian on the subject, the only reason that they weren't mass murderers was sheer incompetence, but that's hardly a defense.

Also, there are no simple matters of right and wrong, because "right and wrong" are not simple concepts. Belief in the simplicity of right and wrong leads to, amongst other things, the sorts of attacks we both can agree are terrorism.

Yes, this IS a simple matter of right and wrong. The fact that your mind has been so twisted by the equivocations of whomever got a hold of you does not distract from the fact that DECLARING WAR ON YOUR OWN COUNTRY, and BLOWING SH!T UP is, regardless of any attempts at sophistry on your part, WRONG!

Do you mean this quite literally?

PERFECTLY literally. In a dank, dark cell, all alone, for the rest of their miserable lives, on bread and water.

Perhaps you should have listened to Obama's speech on the matter, in which he referred to Wright's rhetoric as indicative of the nature of the racial divide in America today.

More excuses. I'm not interested in excuses, I'm only interested in facts, evidence, and results.

First and foremost, and understand this well, I do not hate this country. Period, end of discussion.

Then why are you working so hard, and supporting someone who is bent on destroying it? EXPLAIN THAT!

Second, I have never heard Obama refer to Ayers or Wright as "friends" or as "mentors."

Then you haven't been paying attention. Willful ignorance is NO excuse under the law.

And third, given your comments on your feelings about liberals, I'm surprised you felt the necessity of saying that there's "no hope for (me) at all." Aren't you predisposed to believe that about liberals anyway?

Yes. Every liberal I've ever known is a carbon copy, walking playback machine of the Communist Manifesto, constantly spouting their BS lines about "from each according to his means, to each according to his needs", and completely ignoring the fact that the Constitution of the United States makes absolutely NO provisions for any of the Programs, Offices, Administrations, or Bureaus that they love so much. In case you missed it, that means that liberals consistantly seek to subvert and violate the Constitution, which makes them the "domestic enemies" that I swore to defend it against. You do the math.

And you have absolutely NO sense of humor. OH, that's right, it's only OK for ******S like Chris Rock, or SPICS like Carlos Mencia to make jokes about CRACKERS, but God forbid if a HONKEY has the temerity to make a joke about a "Black" person. I figure it this way, if it's OK for THEM to call THEMSELVES "******", then it's a perfectly acceptable word for EVERYONE to use, unless of course you're a hypocritical, two-faced, disingenuous piece of trash.

Are you honestly going to cling to the notion that calling you a racist is slander after this montage?

Oh, and, just for the fun of it, what part of suggesting that the end of slavery was a bad thing should I have found funny?

Sure I am, because through various discussions with other members, it's patently obvious that you take NO actions against your favorite lib buddies, and only go after conservatives who dare reply to their BS in kind. Oh, and yes, it IS my business, because YOU present this place as an allegedly neutral place for discussing politics, but you're obviously VERY partisan in the enforcement of your VERY vague rules. Simply put, you and the rest of the staff are either extremely hypocritical, or willfully ignorant of what's going on in your own Forum. You decide which it is.

So...I'm assuming, then, that you have it from the other liberals, the people you are patently incapable of having even the briefest of civil conversations with, that they have not been disciplined for any of their remarks on this forum. Right.

Well isn't that a convenient excuse. Seems like there's a whole lot of that going around these days.

Attempting to run this place with a fair mind is not even remotely easy, and I should also remind you that the staff here are volunteers.

You know what, it's kind of funny. We were having problems with another incendiary poster only a few weeks ago. When we tried to get him to calm down and stop posting maniacal and horribly offensive things, he started doing the EXACT SAME THING you're doing now - attacking us based on our own political positions and insinuating that our jobs aren't nearly as hard as we make them out to be.

Want to know what his username was? "UShadItComing." Now is that someone you feel like associating yourself with?

Again you fail to comprehend the fact that we're not talking about embracing a behavior that I may or may not agree with, we're talking about MURDER, BLATANT HATRED AND RACISM. In case you missed it, these things are now called HATE CRIMES, and are punishable under FEDERAL LAW.

Well, racism is a behavior, but obviously not one you have much of a problem with in general.

I can't say that you're too down on "blatant hatred" either, since you seem to rather blatantly hate me. I could be wrong though - all this could just be your way of giving me one, giant, cuddly cyber-hug.

Sure fooled me. Up the dosage on the testesterone treatments.

And I suppose this isn't a personal attack?

You have NO idea what I've done. And what's "wrong" with helping to develop the atomic bomb? It's deployment took fewer lives than in the firebombings of Tokyo or Dresden, hastened the end of WWII, and saved the lives of over a million Americans, and the utter genocide of the Japanese race.

First: You're right, I have no idea what you've done.

Second: Everything you say here is correct. The atom bomb took fewer lives than the firebombing of Tokyo and Dresden; it helped end WWII; and it prevented us from having to invade Japan in order to knock them out of the fight, an invasion which would have been horrendously costly on both sides.

All that, however, does not change the fact that the atom bomb incinerated thousands of people. So we're left in a complex moral situation - wherein mass murder achieves a positive end. I've more or less come to terms with the morality of using the atom bomb, but it is by no means a "simple" debate.

A Police Sergeant in San Francisco for one. As has been pointed out by at least on historian on the subject, the only reason that they weren't mass murderers was sheer incompetence, but that's hardly a defense.

I looked into the Police Sergeant thing and found this:

http://www.aim.org/aim-column/tribune-covers-for-obamas-terrorist-friends/

His name was Brian V. McDonnell. I checked AiM's sources and found some interesting things:

Firstly, the article quoted in their own article (which can be accessed here) says the following:

An unknown subject or subjects had placed a bomb on the window ledge of Park Station, where the above officers were working.

There are no further mentions in the article of the perpetrators. So, I went looking for the FBI's file on the Weather Underground, to see if I could corroborate AiM's claim that the FBI report on the Weather Underground contains a mention of the incident, attributing it to the WU. Here is a link to the FBI report on the WU. If you scroll down to page thirty, you'll land in the "Chronology of Main Events" section, under February 1970 (the time in which the bombing took place). You'll notice that a large section of February 1970 has been blacked out. If I were to venture a guess, that section contained the mention of the San Francisco bombing - and unless there's a deep conspiracy inside the FBI to cover up information for Bill Ayers, they probably blacked it out because later they realized that it wasn't them.

The case was reopened in the early years of this decade, using new forensic technology, and members of the Weather Underground - included Ayers' wife - were subpoenaed. However, nothing came of it. (Article here)

You say you're interested in facts - well, the fact is that while Bill Ayers' Weather Underground were the prime suspects in the bombing that killed Brian McDonnell, it has never been proven - not in the 70s when the evidence was fresh and the Weather Underground were still hunted fugitives, and not within the last few years using advanced forensic techniques while the alleged perpetrators are both relatively compliant and peaceful members of society.

Yes, this IS a simple matter of right and wrong. The fact that your mind has been so twisted by the equivocations of whomever got a hold of you does not distract from the fact that DECLARING WAR ON YOUR OWN COUNTRY, and BLOWING SH!T UP is, regardless of any attempts at sophistry on your part, WRONG!

So long as the social construct that gave birth to this nation defines right and wrong for us, yes, you're right, that's wrong. However, morality is subjective, not absolute. What is wrong today isn't necessarily wrong tomorrow, and what wasn't wrong today may have been very, very wrong hundreds of years ago. "Wrong" is a malleable concept. That is why all matters of "right" and "wrong" are not simple matters.

PERFECTLY literally. In a dank, dark cell, all alone, for the rest of their miserable lives, on bread and water.

Well, I suppose the bread and water is magnanimous of you.

More excuses. I'm not interested in excuses, I'm only interested in facts, evidence, and results.

I've grown quite tired of explaining to people that REASONS do not equal EXCUSES or even JUSTIFICATIONS. They are REASONS. CAUSES. INSTIGATING FACTORS. No doubt you have a thesaurus so I won't continue.

Then why are you working so hard, and supporting someone who is bent on destroying it? EXPLAIN THAT!

Barack Obama is not bent on destroying this country. I don't know if he is who you meant, but I figured I'd throw that out there.

Neither was Bill Ayers. The Weather Underground were violent and repugnant, ignorant and angry, and ultimately misguided on an enormous scale, but their goal was not the destruction of America. The ends they sought to achieve no doubt appear to you as the "destruction of America" but in the end they honestly believed that what they were doing would usher in an era that would better the American people.

Like I said, they were horribly misguided - but their stated intention was not to "destroy America."

Then you haven't been paying attention. Willful ignorance is NO excuse under the law.

At what point did I go on trial?

Yes. Every liberal I've ever known is a carbon copy, walking playback machine of the Communist Manifesto, constantly spouting their BS lines about "from each according to his means, to each according to his needs", and completely ignoring the fact that the Constitution of the United States makes absolutely NO provisions for any of the Programs, Offices, Administrations, or Bureaus that they love so much.

Well, meet your first different liberal, then.

I'm what they refer to as a social liberal. While I believe in, and intend to work towards, social equality and egalitarianism, I also believe in fiscal conservatism. I therefore hold the view that most if not all changes I wish to bring about ought to be accomplished without the necessity of including hefty government programs - in fact, personally, I'm of the opinion that a lot of them just get in the way of solving whatever the issue at hand may be.

We're not all the same, just like not all conservatives are the same. And we're certainly not all communists.

In case you missed it, that means that liberals consistantly seek to subvert and violate the Constitution, which makes them the "domestic enemies" that I swore to defend it against. You do the math.

But it's so much more entertaining when you do it for me, and I daresay you enjoy it more too...so why don't you tell me what it is, exactly, that you would like to do to all liberals.

umm becuse you hacks tie him to anyone you can regardless of how little the tie is? Funny becuse I also Recall McCain having to do that same thing , but you did not care. Also was in not McCain I see in that pic someone else posted with Acorn? but of course you would not question him about it right?

I'm not sure where the post is with McCain & ACORN so I'll just reply here...

Here's what I found about that gathering - at least it appears to be what it was about, if the article I found was correct:

Miami, Florida – February 20, 2006 - Leaders from a diverse array of sectors will hold a rally in Miami on Thursday, February 23, 2006, in support of comprehensive immigration reform in an effort to keep immigration reform at the forefront of the public debate. Leaders from both political parties, immigrant communities, labor, business, and religious organizations will gather to call on Washington to enact workable reform.

The rally will feature Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) as the headline speaker along with elected officials, immigrants and key local and national leaders. Sen. McCain is one of the chief sponsors of the Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act; bipartisan, comprehensive immigration reform legislation introduced last Congress and scheduled for consideration by the Senate in the coming weeks. A similar rally with Sen. McCain is planned for New York City on February 27.
www.mdc.edu/Home/Press/rally.htm

It looks like that was the topic of the event McCain spoke at... not a voter registration effort. They must've shared similar views on immigrant issues.

If you'll recall, before this election cycle the Democrats would've said McCain was their favorite Republican, and McCain was also the Republican that Republicans were most leary of because the Democrats liked him. This must've been one of those crossover issues that put him in that centrist position in the minds of so many.

Werbung:
I question Obama's judgement. For instance, his campaign gave an ACORN affiliate over $800,000 for the purposes of voter registration drives during the primaries. The money was donated with the purpose of being funneled to ACORN. He allowed this, despite the fact that ACORN has a history of voter fraud in the 2002, 2004, and 2006 elections. Did he think no one would notice? As it turns out, the WSJ did some investigative reporting and found Obama to be deeply involved with ACORN during the nineties.
He also refused to denounce Rev. Wright and leave the church until Wright made a complete ass out of him. Evidence shows his ties to Ayers are much deeper than he admits. He had to have known Ayers is a communist, something he very proudly declares every chance he gets.
His proposal to give $3000 tax credits for every job an employer keeps in this country won't work. Matching SS, unemployment insurance, health insurance, liability insurance, workers compensation insurance, in addition to salaries, even meager salaries @$7 per hour for a 40 hour work week, far exceed the cost of outsourcing jobs. A $7 per hour employee @ $7 per hour costs an employer about $16000 per year, without health benefits. That's what it costs me. The $3000 is a drop in the bucket if I'll be forced to provide health benefits. If that happens, I'll be outsourcing jobs just to stay in business. The same job can be out sourced @ $3 per hour for a 60 hour work week. That's 50% more productivity for a fraction of the cost.

Back