Shotgun Foils Home Invasion

Well, you got things mixed up. Only the "80 times more often" quote was an apples to oranges spin. That in itself did not invalidate anything else.

The rest of your post was from two "gun nut" sites. The footnote [5] was certainly there, but opening the site the footnote referenced gave a time-out error. You might give that a try to see if it is up or not. That reference is crucial to your "Clinton figures" that you emphasized.

When I cite statistics I always go to the origin of the statistics, not to sites that quote and spin those statistics. I never ever quote stats from liberal sites.

That still leaves your stats unsubstantiated.

THIS is the best you can do?? .... a two hour discussion about nothing ... if you don't like the stats, disprove them. Until then, you're not contributing anything of substance. If you want to validate the stats, go to the source ... in the case of the Clinton figures, you have a clear reference, you just want me to do your work.

Either disprove them, accept them, or ignore them ... frankly, I don't care which avenue you pick.

Werbung:
THIS is the best you can do?? .... a two hour discussion about nothing ... if you don't like the stats, disprove them. Until then, you're not contributing anything of substance. If you want to validate the stats, go to the source ... in the case of the Clinton figures, you have a clear reference, you just want me to do your work.

Either disprove them, accept them, or ignore them ... frankly, I don't care which avenue you pick.
Good idea - to ignore them. I'm not emotionally involved in gun stats. I don't think that your quoting stats from emotionally charged web sites is contributing anything of substance either.

Good idea - to ignore them. I'm not emotionally involved in gun stats. I don't think that your quoting stats from emotionally charged web sites is contributing anything of substance either.
But, in the end, we know that more lives are saved by the right to bear arms than are taken by the misuse of guns .. and that, after all, is what matters.

You "know" only because of truthiness again not because of well researched facts.
No -- I "know" because I accept the accuracy of the 'well researched facts'.

You, on the other hand, choose to refute the 'well researched facts' because they don't fit your political model.

No -- I "know" because I accept the accuracy of the 'well researched facts'.

You, on the other hand, choose to refute the 'well researched facts' because they don't fit your political model.
Well researched? One apples and oranges "fact" is from a nonexistent website. The others from sites where gun nuts interpret raw statistics for you.
I don't refute your "facts". I simply say they are subject to spin and totally unreliable. As far as my "political model" you don't know what it is because I never said what it is. You are over generalizing what you think all liberals believe again, and applying that generalization to one person you do not know.

Well researched? One apples and oranges "fact" is from a nonexistent website. The others from sites where gun nuts interpret raw statistics for you.
I don't refute your "facts". I simply say they are subject to spin and totally unreliable. As far as my "political model" you don't know what it is because I never said what it is. You are over generalizing what you think all liberals believe again, and applying that generalization to one person you do not know.

Actually, your 'political model' is defined in each, and every, post you make. I do not generalize ... but I do know you.

A California homeowner foiled an attempted home invasion Thursday when she grabbed her shotgun and fired near the suspects.

Police say two males broke into a home nearby and were able to steal a few items before targeting the 59-year-old’s home.

Carla, who did not provide reporters with her last name, told MyFoxLA.com that she woke up when her dog started barking.

She said she saw one man in her backyard and another waiting by the car. Carla’s 90-year-old mother was also inside the home at the time, MyFoxLA.com reported.

Dressed in her nightgown, Carla grabbed her shotgun and fired at the ground near one of the suspects.

“Hopefully this is going to tell these guys you know, I’m not a sitting duck,” she told MyFoxLA.com. "I've got a gun and I know how to use it," she said.

“You have to at some point in time, take responsibility yourself for your own safety and that’s all I was doing,” she said.

Police say neither suspect was shot and were able to flee in a white sedan. Police have only released that they are described to be Hispanic.

Authorities reported that there have been at least four home invasions in the area in recent months.
She took Joe Biden's advice. Good for her.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/19/joe-biden-guns_n_2719330.html

Excellent point! Joe is a liberal that doesn't fit the "political model" either.

How quickly you slap labels on people ... of course, Joe doesn't fit YOUR political model ... it's unique to you ... duh! Gotta love your use of generalization, though. It fits your political model.

How quickly you slap labels on people ... of course, Joe doesn't fit YOUR political model ... it's unique to you ... duh! Gotta love your use of generalization, though. It fits your political model.
What on earth are you talking about. I'm talking about Joe not fitting your political model not mine. Slap generalizations? They are your generalizations? You are really confused and stretching. It's an old trite debate tactic to try to accuse somebody else of having your own failings. It's not working.

What on earth are you talking about. I'm talking about Joe not fitting your political model not mine. Slap generalizations? They are your generalizations? You are really confused and stretching. It's an old trite debate tactic to try to accuse somebody else of having your own failings. It's not working.

Debate? Surely, you jest ...

Werbung:
Back