Should Canada and the U.S. tolerate an intolerant Islam?

Werbung:
While it does appear to be legal to discriminate on the basis of religion against those that seek entry to the USA simply because they do not yet have any constitutional rights, I don't think it is right. It sends the wrong message about our nation and would only serve to placate the fears of the irrational people making arguments that don't hold any water when it comes to our safety and who we should help. As for those already here, I have seen a few comments where people are under the mistaken impression that only citizens have constitutional protection of religious choices. This is simply not true. Anybody already in the USA (excluding those in processing at entry points) has constitutional protections when it comes to matters like religion, free speech, and many other items included in the bill of rights.

While it does appear to be legal to discriminate on the basis of religion against those that seek entry to the USA simply because they do not yet have any constitutional rights, I don't think it is right. It sends the wrong message about our nation and would only serve to placate the fears of the irrational people making arguments that don't hold any water when it comes to our safety and who we should help. As for those already here, I have seen a few comments where people are under the mistaken impression that only citizens have constitutional protection of religious choices. This is simply not true. Anybody already in the USA (excluding those in processing at entry points) has constitutional protections when it comes to matters like religion, free speech, and many other items included in the bill of rights.

I think that the U.S. taking the moral high ground is a good idea and tells Islam that if they want what the West has, and they do, then they have to civilize themselves the way Westerners have had to do.

I see nothing wrong in saying that Honor killing, child brides and FGM will not be tolerated. Just to name a few of Islam's best programs.

Regards
DL

Eighth century culture clashes with 21st century.

The Muslims have a long way to go.

Werbung:
Eighth century culture clashes with 21st century.

The Muslims have a long way to go.

I see it as the West having a long way to go in being honest with religions and giving them respect that they do not deserve and are not earning.

Our Governments maintain the Noble Lie of religious benefit and the people suffer because of it.

Truth would be better.

Regards
DL

Back