Son of Bad Timing

Stalin

this man has no shame...

Democrat-turned-independent Joe Lieberman, one of John McCain’s biggest Senate supporters, congratulated Barack Obama Wednesday on winning the presidential election.

"I sincerely congratulate President-elect Obama for his historic and impressive victory,” he said in a statement released by his Senate office. “America remains a nation of extraordinary opportunity and the American people are a people of extraordinary fairness.

“Now that the election is over, it is time to put partisan considerations aside and come together as a nation to solve the difficult challenges we face and make our blessed land stronger and safer. I pledge to work with President-elect Obama and his incoming Administration in their efforts to reinvigorate our economy and keep our nation secure and free."

The statement comes hours after a senior Democratic leadership aide told CNN that Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is planning to meet with the Connecticut senator to discuss the future of his committee chairmanship. The aide said that Reid had not yet made a final decision on the question of whether Lieberman will continue to chair the Senate’ Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee.

Comrade Stalin of EBonia

Werbung:
They will oust him. There is no freedom of speech in the dem party, you tow the line or you get out.

thats just the way it is

but its ok, he knew it when he thought to open his mouth in the first place

Of course they will depose him. But that is a trivial example of their revenge. As The Annointed One has said, they will explore criminal investigations of the Bush administration. The criminalization of the >policy< actions of previous administrations is a scary thing, but very predictable to anyone familiar with the history and mentality of leftists.

Those are people. I'd asked for examples of the lack of free-speech in the Democratic Party.

I guess you misunderstood. :rolleyes:

I think you missunderstand

free speech means free

both zel and joe spoke and were punished, it was not free
you can not speak your mind in the d party with out being punished.
that was my point
but its ok joe knew what kind of party he came from and he knows he has no future, he did what he thought was right. i admire that even though I dont think mccain was right, i wanted romney from the start

Party leadership is always reserved mostly for party people. It is hardly shocking that Lieberman might lose his committee after backing the Republican in the Presidential race.

I think the debate within the party is do they do not want to run the risk of losing the support of someone like Lieberman on many issues in the Senate. They will be close to the filibuster proof majority and will only need to sway a few select Republicans to get it, it only hurts you to alienate Lieberman at this point. But as I said, committee chairs are usually reserved for party people.

James Traficant comes to mind. The dems stripped him of everything when he bucked the party line. When he was convicted, for far less crimes than Clinton, not a single democrat supported him. Why? He didn't follow the party line.

There's a lot of evidence that the trial was fairly skewed too. Some suggest that it was a show trial to get rid of him, simply because he didn't go with the democrat flow. I'm not sure I believe that, but given what the democrats have done in the past, I wouldn't be surprised.

Werbung:
How about when Governor Bob Casey of Pennsylvania had his speech cancelled at the 1992 democrat convention becauseted to talk about his pro-life views?

oh pro life and dem party is like oil and water

Harold Ford Jr. is the only pro life person I know who is a dem and not shunned over it.

I wish Harold Ford Jr. had ran instead and won

Back