Student Debt Exceeds $1 Trillion Any Solution?

Werbung:
Lower the cost of college? There is no reason for it to be so expensive.

if it was cheap anybody could hve it and if anyone can have it its no longer worth having. not everyone is supposed to have a college degree. we need plumbers and car mechanics and such too.

if it was cheap anybody could hve it and if anyone can have it its no longer worth having. not everyone is supposed to have a college degree. we need plumbers and car mechanics and such too.
I didn't say I thought it should be cheap, just more affordable. People are always attacking the price of gas and the profits of business but never the colleges.

I didn't say I thought it should be cheap, just more affordable. People are always attacking the price of gas and the profits of business but never the colleges.

college is expensive as their approach to competition is not to lower costs but rather to add value to the product. when the little fish improves itself then the bigger fish has to follow suit and so on. the caste system must be maintained.

why is there competition ?

cheap student loans anyone qualifies for (with no real expectation to repay beyond morals note who mainly complains about loans).

make it as difficult to go as it should be and the problem takes care of itself using tried and true market forces.

I think there should be cheap on-line courses, at least to get the garbage requirements out of the way. Attending a school is inhibitive, depending upon where you live, and what your schedule and personal responsibilities are. Real learning takes place when you study, and everyone has to do that on their own anyway. I've seen all kinds of course lectures and demonstrations on youtube. You can turn assignments in on the internet and possibly go to some sattelite place (like a business, community center or high school) where you can take tests to show that you actually earned your grades.

these have been available for some time. "cheap" may be debstable butif its importznt you find a wsy.

Are they credited or transferable to a four year university? What I mean by "cheap" is where if you want to study towards an eventual degree, if your smart enough and ambitious enough, it shouldn't have to depend upon if your rich enough or not. I know what it cost to get my kids through and it's much more expensive today. Also, if they can even find a job, it's pretty hard to co-ordinate that schedule with class schedules.

Are they credited or transferable to a four year university? What I mean by "cheap" is where if you want to study towards an eventual degree, if your smart enough and ambitious enough, it shouldn't have to depend upon if your rich enough or not. I know what it cost to get my kids through and it's much more expensive today. Also, if they can even find a job, it's pretty hard to co-ordinate that schedule with class schedules.

do they count ? yes. not necessarily every place offering.
more expensive today ? what isnt ? but that race to the top we discussed before takes it's toll.
it should depend on where you place your priorities.

It costs way too much to live here anymore. Most people have to have a pretty decent job just to pay for rent, food, transportation, insurances, etc. Then if you want to better yourself, where are you going to get the time and the money to do it? Not everyone has a family willing to help them.

It costs way too much to live here anymore. Most people have to have a pretty decent job just to pay for rent, food, transportation, insurances, etc. Then if you want to better yourself, where are you going to get the time and the money to do it? Not everyone has a family willing to help them.

an example albeit an extreme one (but true)

guy just out of the Army goes to school on the GI Bill and pension (had been career but injury shortened). after rent and what he HAD to pay, had <$15 to live on. by live on I'm referring to food, clothing etc.

and so he did

for two years (asst degree)

hint, squirrels are actually tasty if cooked right

its all a matter of priorities.

simpler solution: if you cant afford it, don't go.

Thats about the dumbest thing I have heard you say..impressive.

Maybe next if your not rich, don't start a company?

The idea of college is to get a job to pay for it after...So unless you have a crystal ball....

But yes, if your poor don't go to college is a wise idea.....and then you can bitch when they ask for welfare as they have no education for a real job...

Werbung:
Back