Student Debt Exceeds $1 Trillion Any Solution?

Thats about the dumbest thing I have heard you say..impressive.

Maybe next if your not rich, don't start a company?

The idea of college is to get a job to pay for it after...So unless you have a crystal ball....

But yes, if your poor don't go to college is a wise idea.....and then you can bitch when they ask for welfare as they have no education for a real job...

the notion of hoing to college on someone elses dime is rather new. moreover it has presented.us.with the dilemma of rampant nonpayment of student loans. which is dumer ? very predictable loan outcomes or requiring actual desire ?

Werbung:
the notion of hoing to college on someone elses dime is rather new.
So is the idea that you have to go to college in order to get ahead in life. Plunging yourself into massive amounts of student debt right out of high school isn't a magical recipe for success but that's exactly how it's been sold to the public. Worse yet, there are so many people who rack up massive debt to get degrees that are worthless in the real world and don't realize their mistake until they try to enter the job market. As far as I'm concerned, they screwed themselves and they can live with the consequences.

So is the idea that you have to go to college in order to get ahead in life. Plunging yourself into massive amounts of student debt right out of high school isn't a magical recipe for success but that's exactly how it's been sold to the public. Worse yet, there are so many people who rack up massive debt to get degrees that are worthless in the real world and don't realize their mistake until they try to enter the job market. As far as I'm concerned, they screwed themselves and they can live with the consequences.

thats not the half of it. MANY go for a semester, a year or maybe two and realize they were not college material and have big student loans they to an inordinate degree walk away from.

and who poo pooed tech schools in favor of college for all ? libs.

the world needs plumbers and hvac guys and mechanics too you know.

College doesn't have to cost what it does.
It didn't used to be so expensive. I managed to graduate in '64 debt free and in four years. Now, that's just not possible for most people. Credit was also difficult to get back then, so very few students went on loans.

I think the easy credit has made it easy for colleges to charge more than they have to.

Moreover, a BA was a big deal back in '64. Not as many people had one, after all. Now, nearly half of recent college grads are unemployed or underemployed, and looking at graduate school to qualify for a real job.

College is not for everyone anyway.

For many jobs what you have a degree in is not so important...its that you have one. But Maybe you would like to tell people what degree's they are able to go for...Better yet why don't we just tell kids at like age 6 here is your Job...just start working for that...you know get rid of all that risk.

thats not the half of it. MANY go for a semester, a year or maybe two and realize they were not college material and have big student loans they to an inordinate degree walk away from.

and who poo pooed tech schools in favor of college for all ? libs.

the world needs plumbers and hvac guys and mechanics too you know.

and what LIbs did that? I am waiting for you to say Obama as I have seen many do...only to get schooled when the real quote comes out...

College doesn't have to cost what it does.
It didn't used to be so expensive. I managed to graduate in '64 debt free and in four years. Now, that's just not possible for most people. Credit was also difficult to get back then, so very few students went on loans.

I think the easy credit has made it easy for colleges to charge more than they have to.

Moreover, a BA was a big deal back in '64. Not as many people had one, after all. Now, nearly half of recent college grads are unemployed or underemployed, and looking at graduate school to qualify for a real job.

College is not for everyone anyway.

College is not for everyone...but unlike some here...its also not just for the rich. I think its funny those are the same people who point at liberals and call them Elitist....sad

Maybe you would like to tell people what degree's they are able to go for...Better yet why don't we just tell kids at like age 6 here is your Job...just start working for that...you know get rid of all that risk.

And you don't think the government (Obama) taking over the student loan business isn't planning on doing just that?

get a clue

College is not for everyone...but unlike some here...its also not just for the rich. I think its funny those are the same people who point at liberals and call them Elitist....sad

realist perhaps but if you look at the outcome its inescapable. fact.
stop telling kidsits a failure to not go to college. all we have is a mess that has served noone.

It's not just for the rich. It should be for the motivated and academically talented. It should also be a lot more affordable than it is now, too. Why should it cost tens of thousands per semester? It didn't before student loans became the norm.

It's not just for the rich. It should be for the motivated and academically talented. It should also be a lot more affordable than it is now, too. Why should it cost tens of thousands per semester? It didn't before student loans became the norm.

whoa tens of thousands.per semester ? under 10k a year here in va. private schools are expensive

whoa tens of thousands.per semester ? under 10k a year here in va. private schools are expensive
That's pretty affordable.

I got to wondering just what the cost was up to now at the UC system. My daughter went on a Pell grant, graduated in '94. the 2 grand or so from the Pell paid her tuition and books and a little extra the first year, and almost paid the tuition in the final year of 3 (after junior college). Now, the costs are:

Tuition and fees*$13,200
$13,200
Books and supplies
$1,500
$1,500
Health insurance allowance/fee
$1,160
$1,160
Room and board
$13,200
$9,500
Personal/transportation
$2,140
$3,040
TOTAL
$31,200
$28,400

bottom figures are for living off campus.

Werbung:
That's pretty affordable.

I got to wondering just what the cost was up to now at the UC system. My daughter went on a Pell grant, graduated in '94. the 2 grand or so from the Pell paid her tuition and books and a little extra the first year, and almost paid the tuition in the final year of 3 (after junior college). Now, the costs are:

Tuition and fees*$13,200
$13,200
Books and supplies
$1,500
$1,500
Health insurance allowance/fee
$1,160
$1,160
Room and board
$13,200
$9,500
Personal/transportation
$2,140
$3,040
TOTAL
$31,200
$28,400

bottom figures are for living off campus.

all the non-academic is costly of course but VA has always been a bargain with international recognition. a friend's dad (a brit living in Belgium and kids in schools literally worldwide picked UVa for Steph because it was the cheapet top tier school in the world. literally. glad too or I'd not gotten to know her. lovely young lady.

Back