Summary of reasons not to nationalize health care

I absolutely agree with you, at least when you are talking about health care.

If you have a set of priniciple that you use to determine policy and you apply them in every instance except in health care then they are not really principles.

Why is health care different than food for example?

Werbung:
I am sure you would rather watch the sick beg in the street ....just so long as you don't have to help them...unless your having a good day or something...

The sick would not be begging in the street for health care becuase it is free in every ER in the country and also through public aid at many doctors offices. Your case is false becuase sick begging in the street does not happen.

I mean its one thing to be really sick and need help and not have the funds to pay for it...but thats nothing next to paying a bit extra in taxes for something you don't personally use right?
The important disctinction is that obamacare is unconstitutional while you and me giving money to help the sick is not. Examples I can think of: at my local gas station they collect money to help kids with muscular dystrophy (mind you the money is not used to provide health care it is used to send them to camp. And why isn't the money used to provide health care? Because they ALL have health care already)

BTW, conservatives give more to charity than liberals do. It is time for you all to step up and do your share.

By the way I don't think my money should be used pay the military to Defend you...only me...so Why am I forced to Defend you? I could care less if sThe

The constutution specifically says that the role of the gov is to provide a defense. The way to change that is to amend the constutution. The constutution does not allow the gov should provide health care the way to get health care provided is not to ignore the constutution but likewise to make an amendement.

Is that what your own experience is? That's great! That means, you have never encounter someone in need that you were not able to help with your own resources.
There are no people in this country who are without health care.

If a mother came to you with her child in need of a liver transplant, and she doesn't have insurance, and she doesn't have the money, you would, without thinking twice, voluntarely commit to pay for the child's liver transplant as soon as a liver becomes available, right? Whether or not you have the money in the bank!
There are no mothers in this country who lack health care fortheir childrens liver transplants.

And it seems that the very same people who believe it is "unamerican" to pay a little more in tax to save their country from bancrupcy, also find it "unamerican" to pay for other people's health care, or anything else for that matter (exept for big defense contractors and big armement contractors, and big wars to "defend" their country against a threat 6000 miles away!)
Are we talking about health care or bankruptcy?

Yes it is unamerican to be forced to pay for national health care!!!! How do I know it is unamerican? Becuase the const. does not authorize congress to institute such a plan.

And since everyone already has health care there is not need to even consider such a thing.

Well, I prefer to help someone in my country, right here, in my State, in my County "defend" the life of his/her child, his/her parent by contributing to universal health care than I do to "defend" the interest of the big war monger industry.

Then help. On average conservatives help a whole lot more than liberals. I once calculated that all of public aid could be paid for with $50 per month from each of us. Feel free to start sending in your $50. But don't try to get the gov to force the jackass down the street who does not want to send in his $50. If he wants to be a jerk he is allowed to. Worry about what you do first. Unless you are first making your own donations then you have no right to say others should be forced to make donation.

Do I have that choice? Can the portion of my taxes that goes to the Pentagon, or that goes to big oil, or to big farming, or to Fox New's travelling expenses go toward my neighbor's child?[/QUOTE]

A portion from your own paycheck can. So do it. And if you don't like that you are also paying for defense then argue for an amendment. don';t like that money goes to big oil or to big farming or to traveling news? Then become a Libertarian, because both the dems and the pubs like those expenses.

Werbung:
They are not forced to work at walmart. They voluntarily walk in and fill out an application then voluntarily work and get a paycheck.

Does their situation make it the best choice for them? Probably. Is their situation the result of the need to work? Yes. It would still not be right to characterize that as being forced to work.
True.....that'd be more-applicable in the Future....after the Teabaggers have convinced everyone it'd be a really good idea to forgo S.S....and, gamble all your retirement-savings on Wall $treet.

moran-sign-thumb-337x430-25721.jpg

Back