Support the Illegal Immigrants?

ivees27

I Do....I have created a website, to support the illegal immigrants and educate Americans on the difficulties they face. They aren't bad people trying to screw America, they are just trying to get by in a harsh unforgiving country. http://www.myfreeusa.com

Werbung:
...and disregarding American law. We have a system set up for people who want to come to this country.

I fully support immigrants, they are a blessing. This country was founded by immigrants. Some of the greatest Americans have been immigrants -- Ben Franklin, Alexander Hamilton, Andrew Carnegie, etc.

However, we cannot reward people who sneak into our country with utter disregard for this country's laws.

Coming here illegally shows a profound disrespect for our country and our laws. Hardly the sort of people I am anxious to people the nation with.

Legal immigrants

I'm with Palerider and USMC. I fully welcome all immigrants who enter this country legally and respectfully. Many illegals are here solely to build a better life for themselves and their families, but many are also bringing their crime-ridden ways with them. They're also draining our educational, health and social services systems. We have immigration laws for a reason!

The only support they need is a one-way ticket back. Go through the proper channels to get here and i well welcome you with open arms.

Right now illegal immigrants are an essential part of agriculture and manufacturing. What we need to do is give all illegals here now legal status and crack down on border security. I'm not welcoming more of them, I just want to be able to tax the ones here now and make sure they can stay a part of our economy. I also know an illegal family that has a terminally ill girl, and I can't stand thinking about them being sent back.

I'm with Palerider and USMC. I fully welcome all immigrants who enter this country legally and respectfully. Many illegals are here solely to build a better life for themselves and their families, but many are also bringing their crime-ridden ways with them. They're also draining our educational, health and social services systems. We have immigration laws for a reason!

I'm on with the four of you on this.

Right now illegal immigrants are an essential part of agriculture and manufacturing. What we need to do is give all illegals here now legal status and crack down on border security. I'm not welcoming more of them, I just want to be able to tax the ones here now and make sure they can stay a part of our economy. I also know an illegal family that has a terminally ill girl, and I can't stand thinking about them being sent back.

Saggy, Any one would be sorry for a family with a terminally ill girl. However policy for a nation can not be determined on this one case.

I think the point has been made that the taxes that we would collect would not nearly compensate for the benefits that they are garnishing from our system. I too at once thought that this would be the answer, but on the wages they are making they are not being taxed enough to pay for the benefits they are receiving.

Why is it important that they stay a part of our economy? We have plenty of our own American citizens unemployed that we need to be putting to work in these jobs. We would not only be paying for the illegal immigrant's benefits under what you are proposing, we will continue to be paying the unemployment/welfare benefits for the Americans we have that are displaced from work too.

The situation does need some control on numbers. Somewhere between what you are proposing and your fellow posters in opposition there must be a solution.

I agree that there are jobs that the illegal immigrants do that many unemployed Americans would still be reticent in taking. Perhaps this is where the need to us is derived. Maybe however if these jobs payed a little better, Americans would be willing to take them. And is it right to expect illegal immigrants to work for nearly "slave wages"?

Our country does need a documented guest worker program that works. But that program must have a control on the numbers of which we receive as well as the benefits these folks garnish from our system. Otherwise our resources are not going to whom our first obligations should be to.

You know what is really interesting valgal ?

Both you and I have moderated our positions somewhat since the time we discussed this on the other board !

Yes, that's right ...I am now willing to agree with your point that there are a few jobs that Americans would be reticent to take. Cleaning Porta-Potties comes to mind as an example.

And I notice that you have revisited the revenue situation.

Just shows that these debates DO have an influence on our thinking.
:)

Yeah, Lilly, I am searching for the middle here. And my point of view is ever changing.

I do know that the Mexican immigrants I have worked with professionaly, I have grown fond of them and the culture. And that put me quite biased in the beginning of looking at the issue.

I do understand and sympathize with the view that they are indeed just trying to put food on the table and a roof over their heads.

However I also see that the numbers are getting to the point of over whelming and they are draining our resources. And something must be done.

I do believe that there should be a guest worker program. I do believe that the companies that hire them should be held more accountable for providing for them rather than to let the American people foot the bill for the services rendered to them.

The present situation however has these companies paying them far less than what an American would accept for the wage as well as having us foot their medical bills and the education, food and care of their children born here. This just is not the way to do things.

The unfortunate way things are, the middle class American is footing the bill.

Let's get a policy in place that holds both the employers and the immigrants themselves accountable for the services they are utilizing.

Werbung:
Valgal, you sound as if your family roots might be from the southwestern part of the USA. If not, they should be. Everybody else has that "round them all up and ship them back" attitude. Mexicans were migrating back and forth across the "border" when Texas,New Mexico,Arizona and California were considered territories, not states. I like it when the "Lou Dobbs" people say; What part of illegal don't you understand!, my ancestors came here legally through Ellis Island!. Okay then, lets make the Mexicans go through the same procedure. They have to pass a TB test and prove sponsorship; now they are legal!

Back