@ Tea Party Supporters?

ktucan1

I'm would like to ask 3 questions that I feel are legit because I want to know the truth about your movement and why it's being portrayed in such a manner that it is. Ok here they are.

1. When I see video's and picture's of your rallies why is it that all I see are nothing more then white's carrying protest sign's and no minorities?

2. If there are minorities in our group are they from the Suburban and Rural area's and if so Why only them? I mean what about those who live in the Urban areas and the inner cities?

3. Are the reasons that there are no minorities because some if not all feel that they will support you even though no real attempt may have ever been made to actually recruit them?

Now before some of you answer these 3 questions I want to say that I for one am thankful that patriotic Americans are finally taking a stand and practicing their constitutional right to peacefully assemble and protest against their government. However I feel that the Tea Party movement has to address the lack of diversity in their protest and must remember that they are not the only ones who love this country. Minorities make up a huge portion of the American population and they must feel that they are a part of the movement as well. Not just the ones from the suburbs and the rural areas but also from the urban and inner cities as well.

Werbung:
Limited Government

Fiscal Responsibility

Free Markets

Perhaps you should ask some "minorities" what it is about those three things that are racist and objectionable.

As for your questions about why the Tea parties are given a bad name, look at my Rules For Radicals thread... It's just part of their playbook.

*EDIT*

Specificly rules 5, 6, 8, and 12.

Limited Government

Fiscal Responsibility

Free Markets

Perhaps you should ask some "minorities" what it is about those three things that are racist and objectionable.

As for your questions about why the Tea parties are given a bad name, look at my Rules For Radicals thread... It's just part of their playbook.

*EDIT*

Specificly rules 5, 6, 8, and 12.

I have Gen and they don't find those things objectionable at all. They've also never been approached by the Tea Party movement to be included when it came to rallies and protest marches. Radicals come from both ends of the spectrum and it will never go away with time. As for the playbook it has already been done and it began with the Vietnam protesters and continues with the Tea Party protesters.

As for the playbook it has already been done and it began with the Vietnam protesters and continues with the Tea Party protesters.

The Vietnam Protesters, like the modern anti-war protesters, got fawning coverage from the media. That same media is eager to paint the Tea Parties as a front group for some Racist, Nazi agenda... I don't see where you are making the comparison.

They've also never been approached by the Tea Party movement to be included when it came to rallies and protest marches.

It's open to everyone, you just need to show up. Does Code Pink go door to door asking people to show up for their rallies? Of course not... If you agree with the things the group is saying, you contact them and find out how to get involved.

It's open to everyone, you just need to show up. Does Code Pink go door to door asking people to show up for their rallies? Of course not... If you agree with the things the group is saying, you contact them and find out how to get involved.

I'm going to tell you something that may shock you Gen. I have talked to Tea Party members and they have told me with a straight face that they don't recruit in minority neighborhoods because they fear for their life and will be viewed as either racists or trying to undermine the neighborhood and intimidate the locals. As for Vietnam protesters it is exactly the same that is happening to the Tea Party. Your making it sound like it's only happening on the left well I hate to tell you it's happening on both ends of the political spectrum. Now you can say that the media and the like are to blame for the Tea Party getting a bad rep but I don't buy it because your forgetting about Right Wing media outlet's on the AM stations. Also the Fact that Fox News give a lot of time to both the left and the right even thought a majority of their shows in the evening tend to be more pro-republican and conservative.
Not everything is a Left wing conspiracy because I heard it too about the right when G.W. Bush was in office. As for Code Pink and the like if your the type of organization that wants to include all segments of the population and not just focus on protesting the Iraqi war then more power to you but that is not what the Tea Party movement is about. Reaching out to people is how you get your movement going and that includes everyone.

I'm going to tell you something that may shock you Gen. I have talked to Tea Party members and they have told me with a straight face that they don't recruit in minority neighborhoods because they fear for their life and will be viewed as either racists or trying to undermine the neighborhood and intimidate the locals. As for Vietnam protesters it is exactly the same that is happening to the Tea Party. Your making it sound like it's only happening on the left well I hate to tell you it's happening on both ends of the political spectrum. Now you can say that the media and the like are to blame for the Tea Party getting a bad rep but I don't buy it because your forgetting about Right Wing media outlet's on the AM stations. Also the Fact that Fox News give a lot of time to both the left and the right even thought a majority of their shows in the evening tend to be more pro-republican and conservative.
Not everything is a Left wing conspiracy because I heard it too about the right when G.W. Bush was in office. As for Code Pink and the like if your the type of organization that wants to include all segments of the population and not just focus on protesting the Iraqi war then more power to you but that is not what the Tea Party movement is about. Reaching out to people is how you get your movement going and that includes everyone.

Why is it that everyone is questioning the motives of the Tea party, and not the other two parties? No one questions the motives of MoveOn, Code Pink, etc. Just the Tea Party most often referred to by the left wing loonies as "Tea baggers" in a denigrating manner.

Did you happen to notice that out of all the media presentations of Tea Party rallies that I have seen, there were only two that featured a Black participant. The first was when a Black man showed up at a rally with a rifle (I forget what style) slung over his shoulder, and the suggestion that this stood for the beliefs of the Party. The second was when a smaller Black man was the victimm of a beating by an SEIU member.

So, maybe the question you should be asking is why does the mainstream media not present editorials with more Blacks in them. Could it be that the MSM wants the Tea Party to appear racist? I know for a fact that Conservative Blacks such as Walter Williams, Larry Elders, Thomas Sowell, etc., support them.

Might do you some good to do a little research before asking questions that have the suggestion that somehow the Tea Party is racist.

National Black Republican Association | National Black Republican ...New CD by black Republican entertainer Lloyd Marcus – “American Tea Party: 12 great songs to Take Back America!” only $15.95 (plus $2 s/h). ...
http://www.nbra.info/

The Black Republican Following his “rant”, the Tea Party movement took shape in protests on April 15 ... Its founders – the Black Republicans, as we here like to remind everyone ...
http://www.theblackrepublican.net/

2010 February 12 : The Black RepublicanAs is our tradition, we honor the birthday of The Black Republican with our ... Following his “rant”, the Tea Party movement took shape in protests on April ...
http://www.theblackrepublican.net/?m=20100212

BLACK REPUBLICAN: National Black Republican Association E-NewsNew CD by black Republican entertainer Lloyd Marcus – "American Tea Party: 12 great songs to Take Back America!" only $15.95 (plus $2 s/h). ...
http://www.blackrepublican.blogspot.com/

Vanessa Jean Louis OP-ED: Hello Black Republicans and ...Feb 4, 2010 ... The question for Republicans, especially BLACK Republicans is: What are we ... I have respect for most of the tea party people-especially ...
http://www.hiphoprepublican.com/......ublicans-and-conservatives-what-are-we-doing/

The John Langston Forum - "A Forum for Young African-American ...Jamara Newell replied to celph's discussion 'Do you think the TEA PARTY .... Getting Rid of the “Carlton Banks” Stereotype of Black Republicans 9 Replies ...
http://www.blackrepublicans.ning.com/

Black Republican Lawmaker Runs For Congress In SC - Up Bill - WKRG.comTim Scott The First Black Republican Elected To The South Carolina ... A Once-dismissed Loose Confederation Of Tea Party Activists Opposed To Big Government ...
http://www.wkrg.com/.../black_republican.../Feb-08-2010_11-38-am/

I'm would like to ask 3 questions that I feel are legit because I want to know the truth about your movement and why it's being portrayed in such a manner that it is. Ok here they are.

1. When I see video's and picture's of your rallies why is it that all I see are nothing more then white's carrying protest sign's and no minorities?

because the "journalists" want you to have the impression you seem to have.

2. If there are minorities in our group are they from the Suburban and Rural area's and if so Why only them? I mean what about those who live in the Urban areas and the inner cities?

all over. nothing geographic about feeling you are overtaxed.

3. Are the reasons that there are no minorities because some if not all feel that they will support you even though no real attempt may have ever been made to actually recruit them?

incorrect assumptions

[qote]Now before some of you answer these 3 questions I want to say that I for one am thankful that patriotic Americans are finally taking a stand and practicing their constitutional right to peacefully assemble and protest against their government. However I feel that the Tea Party movement has to address the lack of diversity in their protest and must remember that they are not the only ones who love this country. Minorities make up a huge portion of the American population and they must feel that they are a part of the movement as well. Not just the ones from the suburbs and the rural areas but also from the urban and inner cities as well.[/quote]

some in the inner cities will naturally NOT feel that the taxpayers are overtaxed.

considering how little recruitment is done, its pretty impressive how many people are connected.

as to diversity, that is a devisive action. our message is clear, our tent is wide, our numbers are legion.

This is kooky liberalism 101. They are trained from birth to believe that ALL conservatives are racists so facts refuting this belief will never change their minds.

I have seen minorities at the rallies, but what does it matter? Why do libs always have to get all multiculty? It is not important what races of Americans attend the rallies, it is the message that matters.

No blacks live in my neighborhood. Am I a racist because of this?

Totally illogical thinking like most of liberalism.

Why is it that everyone is questioning the motives of the Tea party, and not the other two parties? No one questions the motives of MoveOn, Code Pink, etc. Just the Tea Party most often referred to by the left wing loonies as "Tea baggers" in a denigrating manner.

Did you happen to notice that out of all the media presentations of Tea Party rallies that I have seen, there were only two that featured a Black participant. The first was when a Black man showed up at a rally with a rifle (I forget what style) slung over his shoulder, and the suggestion that this stood for the beliefs of the Party. The second was when a smaller Black man was the victimm of a beating by an SEIU member.

So, maybe the question you should be asking is why does the mainstream media not present editorials with more Blacks in them. Could it be that the MSM wants the Tea Party to appear racist? I know for a fact that Conservative Blacks such as Walter Williams, Larry Elders, Thomas Sowell, etc., support them.

Might do you some good to do a little research before asking questions that have the suggestion that somehow the Tea Party is racist.

National Black Republican Association | National Black Republican ...New CD by black Republican entertainer Lloyd Marcus – “American Tea Party: 12 great songs to Take Back America!” only $15.95 (plus $2 s/h). ...
http://www.nbra.info/

The Black Republican Following his “rant”, the Tea Party movement took shape in protests on April 15 ... Its founders – the Black Republicans, as we here like to remind everyone ...
http://www.theblackrepublican.net/

2010 February 12 : The Black RepublicanAs is our tradition, we honor the birthday of The Black Republican with our ... Following his “rant”, the Tea Party movement took shape in protests on April ...
http://www.theblackrepublican.net/?m=20100212

BLACK REPUBLICAN: National Black Republican Association E-NewsNew CD by black Republican entertainer Lloyd Marcus – "American Tea Party: 12 great songs to Take Back America!" only $15.95 (plus $2 s/h). ...
http://www.blackrepublican.blogspot.com/

Vanessa Jean Louis OP-ED: Hello Black Republicans and ...Feb 4, 2010 ... The question for Republicans, especially BLACK Republicans is: What are we ... I have respect for most of the tea party people-especially ...
http://www.hiphoprepublican.com/......ublicans-and-conservatives-what-are-we-doing/

The John Langston Forum - "A Forum for Young African-American ...Jamara Newell replied to celph's discussion 'Do you think the TEA PARTY .... Getting Rid of the “Carlton Banks” Stereotype of Black Republicans 9 Replies ...
http://www.blackrepublicans.ning.com/

Black Republican Lawmaker Runs For Congress In SC - Up Bill - WKRG.comTim Scott The First Black Republican Elected To The South Carolina ... A Once-dismissed Loose Confederation Of Tea Party Activists Opposed To Big Government ...
http://www.wkrg.com/.../black_republican.../Feb-08-2010_11-38-am/

The other two parties are worthless, Moveon.org has been questioned along with Code Pink and they both have their issues and are left wing organizations so this is nothing new and the conservative media has questioned their motives and rightfully so. TO be honest I don't care about Moveon.org or Code Pink. You start showing links to prominate African-Americans who happen to be republican and what does this have to do with recruitment in minority neighborhoods in regards to the Tea Party? Get back to me on that.

This is kooky liberalism 101. They are trained from birth to believe that ALL conservatives are racists so facts refuting this belief will never change their minds.

I have seen minorities at the rallies, but what does it matter? Why do libs always have to get all multiculty? It is not important what races of Americans attend the rallies, it is the message that matters.

No blacks live in my neighborhood. Am I a racist because of this?

Totally illogical thinking like most of liberalism.

Exactly my point. Minorities in the urban area's don't see that though and unfortunately GIPPER it is about race in this country. We can't pretend that it isn't.

I made this thread for a reason and that was to see how an organization like the Tea Party movement will address this and from the looks of it there not to concerned about it which is fine. However if you this grass-roots effort is to take a foot in the urban areas and the inner cities then it needs to act quickly. Organizations like ACORN will be all over this and I can already see the battle lines being drawn in the sand and its not going to be pretty.

Werbung:
I think most who join the tea party learned about them from conservative friends, Fox news, emails and the internet.

I am a minority and I do not feel uncomfortable to be with tea party people.

There are a number of black groups who are tea party members.

One black guy was beaten at a tea party by some union thugs for being a tea party member. If anyone makes a minority feel uncomfortable to be a part of the tea party, its liberals who treat them like crap for steping out of the fold.

Back