The average Fox News viewer has an IQ 20 points lower than the US average

Werbung:
Why is it libs recognize and strongly condemn the wrongs of the past, particularly those committed by the Christian church, but NEVER recognize the CURRENT wrongs committed by liberalism?

Current wrong committed by liberalism?

Like what?

Helping the poor to avoid falling through the cracks of a runaway Capitalist socizety vu providing a safety net?
Allowing people the freedom to love and commit to whomever they choose, regardless of sex?
Advocating for less money being spent on "defense" that kills people and more spent on health care that HEALS people?
Advocating to preserve our environment from the excess of runaway capitalist greed?
Advocating for stricter, more logical gun laws so that fewer innocent people, like children, die because of our irrational love affair with fire arms?

Yep. . . Liberalism sure sounds evil!

:) Speling was never my majer streingth. Its a gud thing my Opera internet browser has a speling chekar. It said my speling of complement was gud, but it didnt tell me it was the wrong wurd.

Eye awl weighs ewes a spell checker sew aye no my spelling is write every thyme. Sea? naught won word underlined in read.

As for religion:
God made man.
Man made religion.

Voltaire said something like that, but I can't find the quote and don't remember it exactly.

:) Speling was never my majer streingth. Its a gud thing my Opera internet browser has a speling chekar. It said my speling of complement was gud, but it didnt tell me it was the wrong wurd.

lol....I believe Dog has a typing problem more than a spelling one and uses a phone key pad.

The EARTH may not be a "right or wrong" issue. What the religious hierarchy did about it IS INDEED WRONG!

And may I remind you that religion is ALL about people. . . Avout people's beliefs and how these beliefs are at both Inluence and influence their culture and the sense of "right and wrong" you find so effective in explaining the world!

Sorry, I don't vuy it! Religion is man made, so it is imperfect and limited by men's own limitations.

its about souls. won or lost on morals. rcc hss a bad tendency to steer away from the Bible and they screw up when they do. thats a people issue

Eye awl weighs ewes a spell checker sew aye no my spelling is write every thyme. Sea? naught won word underlined in read.

As for religion:
God made man.
Man made religion.

Voltaire said something like that, but I can't find the quote and don't remember it exactly.

Glad you read Voltaire!

However, the translation (or your recollection) is a little off:

Here is what he wrote (in French, and the translation in English:

"Ce n'est pas Dieu qui a creer l'homme, mais l'homme qui a creer Dieu."

"It is not God who created man, but man who created God"

voltaire also said this:

"Que répondre à un homme qui vous dit qu'il aime mieux obéir à Dieu qu'aux hommes et qui, en conséquence, est sûr de mériter le ciel en vous égorgeant ?
Dictionnaire philosophique, Voltaire, éd. Imprimerie nationale, coll. La Salamandre, 1994, article « Fanatisme », p. 256Que répondre à un homme qui vous dit qu'il aime mieux obéir à Dieu qu'aux hommes et qui, en conséquence, est sûr de mériter le ciel en vous égorgeant ?
Dictionnaire philosophique, Voltaire, éd. Imprimerie nationale, coll. La Salamandre, 1994, article « Fanatisme », p. 256

"What to answer to a man who declares that he prefers to obey God than to obey men, and whom, as a consequence, is convince that he will earn heaven if he cuts your throat?

its about souls. won or lost on morals. rcc hss a bad tendency to steer away from the Bible and they screw up when they do. thats a people issue

Sure, because if you stick with the Ible literally, you would always act morally, and your soul would be saved, right?

Like sleeping with your elderly wife's servant, gatting her pregnant, and then when the child is born, and your elderly wife "miracilously find herself pregnant, you justthrow your concubine and your child outinto thedesert to die!

Yep! The Bible is full ofwonderfu, moral lessons!

Glad you read Voltaire!

However, the translation (or your recollection) is a little off:

Here is what he wrote (in French, and the translation in English:

"Ce n'est pas Dieu qui a creer l'homme, mais l'homme qui a creer Dieu."

"It is not God who created man, but man who created God"

voltaire also said this:

"Que répondre à un homme qui vous dit qu'il aime mieux obéir à Dieu qu'aux hommes et qui, en conséquence, est sûr de mériter le ciel en vous égorgeant ?
Dictionnaire philosophique, Voltaire, éd. Imprimerie nationale, coll. La Salamandre, 1994, article « Fanatisme », p. 256Que répondre à un homme qui vous dit qu'il aime mieux obéir à Dieu qu'aux hommes et qui, en conséquence, est sûr de mériter le ciel en vous égorgeant ?
Dictionnaire philosophique, Voltaire, éd. Imprimerie nationale, coll. La Salamandre, 1994, article « Fanatisme », p. 256

"What to answer to a man who declares that he prefers to obey God than to obey men, and whom, as a consequence, is convince that he will earn heaven if he cuts your throat?
Yes, my recollection is a little off.
I remember a quote that had the phrase "la religion c'est a nous", but I can't seem to find it. I may not be spelling it correctly. The last French I took was in college, some fifty years ago, so it's no wonder it's a bit rusty now.

Initiating the use of force against others is immoral. Every man has the right to ignore his own rights but he does not have a right to violate the rights of others.... It's really the same thing I say to any collectivist, as they all seek to impose their will on others by force.

Gosh, I mean, well, ... this is embarrassing... but thank you for the complements anyway.

As far as arrogance, I think this forum forces arrogance to blossom in full glory with most everyone here.

Of course you forced me to click "Like" on the last three posts.
There goes that liberal mind again, saying a conservative forced you to do something...just admit it, you like me, you really like me...

Yes, my recollection is a little off.
I remember a quote that had the phrase "la religion c'est a nous", but I can't seem to find it. I may not be spelling it correctly. The last French I took was in college, some fifty years ago, so it's no wonder it's a bit rusty now.

Well congratulations for remembering anything at all!
Voltaire really had a lot of very interesting ideas and comments!
By the way, have you seen "Les Miserables" and have you read the full edition book (in French or English?). I recommend seeing the new musical in the movie theatres, it is excellent, even after having seen it in life theatres 4 times, but nothing will give you the full impact of the book! Victor Hugo was indeed a great writer, and a great commentators of social problems in the 19th century France.

The EARTH may not be a "right or wrong" issue. What the religious hierarchy did about it IS INDEED WRONG!

And may I remind you that religion is ALL about people. . . Avout people's beliefs and how these beliefs are at both Inluence and influence their culture and the sense of "right and wrong" you find so effective in explaining the world!

Sorry, I don't vuy it! Religion is man made, so it is imperfect and limited by men's own limitations.
Jesus Himself addressed the issue of "Christians," performing evil deeds in a rather chilling prophecy:"Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'" One should note that Jesus said that "many" people who think they are His followers will be rejected by Jesus when at the judgment when they attempt to claim that they are His disciples. Not all who claim the name of Jesus are actually His disciples. My guess is that in even the best of Christian churches only about half of the people have been truly born again (see John chapter 3) Christianity should be judged on the basis of what Jesus said and did, not on the basis of the actions of people who merely claim to be Christians.

Like I said before, "Christians" have committed atrocities against other religious and non-religious people. However, atheists have committed far more atrocities than all religious groups combined. Even so, the key factor in these atrocities has been totalitarian power, rather than religion, which has resulted in these hundreds of millions of murders. The Bible says that people are evil (and the statistics on this page support this claim), but that they can become transformed through the power of the Holy Spirit to live lives of love and peace.

Werbung:
Initiating the use of force against others is immoral. Every man has the right to ignore his own rights but he does not have a right to violate the rights of others.... It's really the same thing I say to any collectivist, as they all seek to impose their will on others by force.

And do you say the same to the "pro-life" crowd who attempts to impose THEIR will on women?

Back