The culture of the 80s vs... ==) NOW!

Dude111

I don't know if im the only one,i dont want to be blasted as its only my opinion... Look at the 80s ===) The movies were pretty good,the music was very good and the commercials good also!! <<>> people also were more free than now...

Now its boring enough,the music sucks for the most part,quality is horrible,etc.....

Our kids will talk to their kids in the future about Ja Rule,Christina Aguilera and N'Sync?? Oh give me a break please! And what about the movies,its only sequels or other crap,hardily anything good like we had then...

Clothes are made like crap now,FEEL AWEFULL,etc.........

Im glad im not a young one growing up with the garbage of today,i am happy i was young in the 80s when it was MUCH BETTER AND HAPPIER!!

Werbung:
I don't know if im the only one,i dont want to be blasted as its only my opinion... Look at the 80s ===) The movies were pretty good,the music was very good and the commercials good also!! <<>> people also were more free than now...

Now its boring enough,the music sucks for the most part,quality is horrible,etc.....

Our kids will talk to their kids in the future about Ja Rule,Christina Aguilera and N'Sync?? Oh give me a break please! And what about the movies,its only sequels or other crap,hardily anything good like we had then...

Im glad im not a young one growing up with the garbage of today,i am happy i was young in the 80s when it was MUCH BETTER AND HAPPIER!!

In a sense, virtually everyone feels that way about the era they grew up in, so no, your not alone.

And lots of other peope were happier in the 50s. But was it really any wosre, or better, than than now? I don't know. I'm a lot older now, and I don't live in the same culture as the kids today do, so it is impossible for me to judge.

do you recall how much horrible horrible music came out of the 80's? for evry good GNR song, there was 1000 crappy hair band songs...and the pop music was just as bad then as is now, its what pop music is,,,,,crappy
Your just out of touch with the good stuff of today maybe.

Mare Tranquillity said:
The author was a bit harsh, but at least he didn't dis rap, which as we know is the apex of the musical art.:eek:
Yes well i have discovered that the 80s ARE NOT AS PURE AS I THOUGHT THEY WERE!!

I cant believe how many songs I LOVE FROM THE 80s ARE REMAKES OF SONGS FROM THE 40s,50s (Granted they are GOOD but remakes none the less) I was kind of dissapointed...... (I thought in the 80s and earlier,PEOPLE HAD THIER OWN MIND AND MADE THIER OWN STUFF)

The apex of American music was the sixties. It has been down hill ever since. Some of the the songs were actually beautyful...something you would not attribute to modern music.
"Up, up and away" by the Fifth Dimension. Many creative and unique songs that are memorable. Roy Orbison's "Pretty Woman", Dusty Springfield's, "Wishing and a hope 'n", "Downtown", "Born to be wild", "Take five", "Wonderland by night", "Telstar", "The lonely bull", "Walk like a man", etc.
Now, all the stuff sounds the same, with competition to be dirtiest, nastiest, or loudest, and sluttiest.
Then there is the "art form" of rap. Grunts, spits, and other rude sounds performed by street animals that should be in prison.

Then there is the "art form" of rap. Grunts, spits, and other rude sounds performed by street animals that should be in prison.

A good deal of them are at one time or another...

You may be very right!

I don't know. I think the 70s had some very good music. Yes, Led Zepplen, the doors, the band, Bob Dylan, (actually started in the sixties, yes I know), Mike Oldfield, Peter Frampton, Foreigner, Journey (I've always thought that Steve Perry was one of the best rock singers), Genesis, the Who, Pink Floyd, Boston, Marvin Gay, Santana,Tina Turner, Miles Davis, etc, etc, etc. But even today, there is some very good music out there if you know where to look.

pocketfullofshells said:
Your just out of touch with the good stuff of today maybe.

What good stuff??

Theres not much good left in the world..... Its just crap... Total garbage and its sad!!!

I seem to recollect the '80's. Wasn't that when Mrs Thatcher completed Hitler's work and destroyed Britain? Still, compared with Trump and Brexit I expect that the rule of Ghenghiz Khan seemed good! :)

Werbung:
I'd agree with those who've said most people feel this way about their generation. But, if you're looking for new music that's good, I'd say there's Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes, Greta Van Fleet, Eric Clapton (still produces music), KT Tunstall, and a host of others.

I too am disappointed with the films that've been coming out: too many sequels and comic book/superhero films. They are mind-numbing, to be generous.

Back