The Kids Are Alright!

Mr. Shaman

Let's HEAR IT, for THE CULTURE-WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cool:

old_hippie_very_old_hippies_1.jpg

".....And, we WON!!!!!!"

Werbung:
Thanks for posting a picture of my uncle George and Aunt Alice.

On the topic of legalizing marijuana...before anyone makes a decision on this they should look at the OSHA records for workman's compensation and note the number of accidents in the workplace due to depth perception impairment. This is directly related to the consumption of cannabis which effects pupil dilation and visual accuracy for up to 48 hours.

Yeah...well...they're not doin' a whole-lotta-braggin', about you.​

On the topic of legalizing marijuana...before anyone makes a decision on this they should look at the OSHA records for workman's compensation and note the number of accidents in the workplace due to depth perception impairment. This is directly related to the consumption of cannabis which effects pupil dilation and visual accuracy for up to 48 hours.
B.S.

It doesn't exit; just one o' the many perks of demonizing a substance (for having no valid, clinical use).

(You should try to do research for Annie "Bones" Coulter. She's quite-adept at makin'-up-crap, as well. :rolleyes: )​

Obviously no one should be under the influence of anything that impairs them at work.

Don't really know how you're going to hurt anybody in an office job... I guess they could start laughing, stumble and knock the cubical over onto someone or something. But just to be consistent let's say nobody.

That said I can vouch for what Shaman said... that 48 hour line is pure 100% unadulterated BS.

I'd be much, MUCH more worried working beside a guy out in the field that tests 0 on blood alcohol but has a killer hangover than I ever would with anybody who smoked pot the night before. Not even close. The person who smoked the pot would be 100% after a nights sleep.

I've did my own comparative research probably a thousand times back in my twenties.;)

Obviously no one should be under the influence of anything that impairs them at work.

Don't really know how you're going to hurt anybody in an office job... I guess they could start laughing, stumble and knock the cubical over onto someone or something. But just to be consistent let's say nobody.

That said I can vouch for what Shaman said... that 48 hour line is pure 100% unadulterated BS.
....And, another example of how well those Federal D.A.R.E.-buck$ were spent.

:rolleyes:

I'd be much, MUCH more worried working beside a guy out in the field that tests 0 on blood alcohol but has a killer hangover than I ever would with anybody who smoked pot the night before. Not even close. The person who smoked the pot would be 100% after a nights sleep.

I've did my own comparative research probably a thousand times back in my twenties. ;)
That's one o' the bennies of working in the field of Engineering. We're always experimenting with new & different ways of doing things....while "conservatives" are still trying to re-invent the buggy-whip, and trying to find more space (for dinosaurs) in their next ark.​

I've did my own comparative research probably a thousand times back in my twenties.;)

Would you please post the research that refutes the visual impairment claims of up to 48 hours after consuming cannabis. I haven't see that data and would be very interested to get my hands on it.

The original research I have is based on work accidents in the construction field, but the secondary research came from truck drivers who had their depth perception impaired.

Yeah...well...they're not doin' a whole-lotta-braggin', about you.​

B.S.

It doesn't exit; just one o' the many perks of demonizing a substance (for having no valid, clinical use).​

(You should try to do research for Annie "Bones" Coulter. She's quite-adept at makin'-up-crap, as well. :rolleyes: )​

You call me out, but you don't provide any research to back your claim up. I was trying to be light hearted with you while making a point, but obviously you have no desire to have a discussion. Please refrain from suggesting I'm not telling the truth. Feel free to challenge my data, but if you question my integrity again we will have a real problem.

Would you please post the research that refutes the visual impairment claims of up to 48 hours after consuming cannabis. I haven't see that data and would be very interested to get my hands on it.
Still no luck (finding your "research"), huh?

Expecting someone to disprove a negative has always been an ol' "conservative"-trick....kinda like me asking you when (it was) you quit beating your wife.

You "conservatives" need to plug-into the fact that smokin' Pot was never a health/safety-issue.

Wouldn't YOU (first) have some kind o' obligation to post your (bogus) research/results???

(Lemme try to help-you-out.....)​

:confused: Your research is all 40 years old and mostly anecdotal. How about Lancet 1998, 2001, 2005 and 2007 "Adverse Effects of Cannabis" (where they made an about face on their 1995 article supporting the legalization of cannabis.) This research was done by chemists and doctors, not the psych department.

For Future Reference:

Please do me a favor and unless I reply directly to you stop commenting on my posts to other people. You're not constructive in your conversation or debates and I would prefer you not waste my time.

The question was a valid one to TopGun...I was truly curious to see any research he had on the subject...I wasn't doubting him or being difficult, I was just looking for alternative information...you should try it. Next time, instead of being so sarcastic, try asking better questions and you just might find you'll learn something.

Please do me a favor and unless I reply directly to you stop commenting on my posts to other people. You're not constructive in your conversation or debates and I would prefer you not waste my time.
Oh, please....you resort to whining??????

Your 48-hour visual-impairment factoid was a LIE! I know it, and YOU know it.

You want to save time. Fine! Quit LYIN', as a cover for your ignorance.

Ya' got NOTHIN'!!!!!

The original research I have is based on work accidents in the construction field, but the secondary research came from truck drivers who had their depth perception impaired.

Oh stop it with the anecdotal stuff. These were not any kind of controlled studies. It's was after something happened someone saying... Well I did this last night. Might as well blame it on not having their morning coffee.

I'm telling you it's total Bull Sh!t from actual experiance having smoked pot for years back in the day. I also drank. It's not at all hard to distinguish the difference, duration or the side effects.

Anyone who says a person after a good nights sleep has lingering effects from pot are simply lying. Now if they tell you you can be so hung over that you're hugging the porcelin god and can barely raise your head up... now that would be true.

What is is with you guys on the Right??? Is fearmongering the ONLY arrow in your quiver? Seriously everything isn't a monster in the closet.

You must know that misinformation that might have worked in the 30's is laughed at today.

Werbung:
Oh stop it with the anecdotal stuff. These were not any kind of controlled studies. It's was after something happened someone saying... Well I did this last night. Might as well blame it on not having their morning coffee.

I'm telling you it's total Bull Sh!t from actual experiance having smoked pot for years back in the day. I also drank. It's not at all hard to distinguish the difference, duration or the side effects.

Anyone who says a person after a good nights sleep has lingering effects from pot are simply lying. Now if they tell you you can be so hung over that you're hugging the porcelin god and can barely raise your head up... now that would be true.

What is is with you guys on the Right??? Is fearmongering the ONLY arrow in your quiver? Seriously everything isn't a monster in the closet.

You must know that misinformation that might have worked in the 30's is laughed at today.

I'm glad you have so much experience on this subject. So, let me ask you two simple honest questions:

• If cannabis doesn't impact visual acuity and depth perception, then why is it prescribed for glaucoma patients? Doesn't the vascular and pressure shifts have an effect on ones vision?
  • If you question my data as being anecdotal, even though I quoted several medical journals in my reply to Shaman, then where is your double blind research?
Please stop stereotyping me as right wing. I'm not any wing. I'm about common sense. If you can show me reasonable data that shows it has a short window of residual effect I'll agree with you. There just isn't any that I have come across so far.

Just for the record, I have no love for the residual effects of alcohol or prescription drugs on the job either.

Back