The New Republican

vyo476

Found this on Yahoo!, and I wanted to know what you all think of this guy.

The Great Republican Hope?

Quiz:

Which young, thin, non-white, Ivy League-educated politician who has a foreign-sounding name and prominent ears is changing the face of politics as we know it?

Oh … and whose name is not Barack Obama?

Whuh?

That’s right, the president-elect may hold a monopoly on current buzz, but some in the GOP are looking to their own whiz kid to lead them out of the proverbial wilderness the Democrats have just left behind.

His name is Bobby Jindal, and he’s the 37-year-old Indian American governor of Louisiana.

Right now, for most people, handicapping 2012 probably feels like re-watching the previews right after sitting through a 7-hour movie. Yet some Republicans looking to resurrect their party from the ashes of Tuesday’s electoral conflagaration are already turning to the conservative Jindal, at least at the search box.

Jindal’s name has surged 350% in searches this week, tied with Mitt Romney and second only to Sarah Palin in 2012-related political queries. Buzz patrons are also reading up on the rising star in a bevy of speculative articles about the future of the GOP.

Jindal has consistently stated he's focused only on winning the 2011 re-election in Louisiana. But UPI is already calling the governor and his family “the other Obamas.”

Presumptuous, perhaps. But in 2004, who'd have thought that a first-term African American senator with a last name that rhymed with the country's enemy number one and a middle name that matched enemy number two's would be our next president?

Stay tuned.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_pl147

Werbung:

Quiz:

Which young, thin, non-white, Ivy League-educated politician who has a foreign-sounding name and prominent ears is changing the face of politics as we know it?

Whuh?

That’s right, the president-elect may hold a monopoly on current buzz, but some in the GOP are looking to their own whiz kid to lead them out of the proverbial wilderness the Democrats have just left behind.

His name is Bobby Jindal, and he’s the 37-year-old Indian American governor of Louisiana.

Right now, for most people, handicapping 2012 probably feels like re-watching the previews right after sitting through a 7-hour movie. Yet some Republicans looking to resurrect their party from the ashes of Tuesday’s electoral conflagaration are already turning to the conservative Jindal, at least at the search box.

Jindal’s name has surged 350% in searches this week, tied with Mitt Romney and second only to Sarah Palin in 2012-related political queries. Buzz patrons are also reading up on the rising star in a bevy of speculative articles about the future of the GOP.

Jindal has consistently stated he's focused only on winning the 2011 re-election in Louisiana. But UPI is already calling the governor and his family “the other Obamas.”

Presumptuous, perhaps. But in 2004, who'd have thought that a first-term African American senator with a last name that rhymed with the country's enemy number one and a middle name that matched enemy number two's would be our next president?

Stay tuned.

Being from Louisiana I can say he is popular in Louisiana. Although I will say I moved away from LA before he became governor.

I do not think he would be Governor right now if the Democrats had not run 3 candidates against him. I think many people assumed their would be a runoff, so turnout was low, which got him his 50% to win outright.

He has done a good job so far, but many people in the state were getting upset that he was never around much during the first part of the campaign.

I think it remains to be seen if he will be the guy in 2012. I would have said his experience is lacking, but given (as you said) how Obama pulled it off, anything is possible.

Everything I have read and seen about Bobby Jindal so far I love, He would be a great person to head up the Republican party.

I like Mitt Romney still and I do like Sarah Palin too. Bobby seems to have the best chance of all the above, and he is totally acceptable in my book

Quiz:

Whuh?

Stay tuned.

OH - we see their dark-skinned guy and bet another dark-skinned guy? What dreck.

OH - we see their dark-skinned guy and bet another dark-skinned guy? What dreck.

Is it even possible for you to look past skin color?

Instead of looking objectively at the man, his values, and his leadership skills, you just go straight to, "Oh, he's dark skinned, never mind." How do you justify that?

Instead of looking objectively at the man, his values, and his leadership skills, you just go straight to, "Oh, he's dark skinned, never mind." How do you justify that?

I dont want to speak for Lib but I took his post as he was making a comment on the Thread its self, the first post brings up race and skin color. I didnt post anything but I rolled my eyes as I read it and thought why do people make so much of skin color, who cares its policy that matters. I took his comment as what I was thinking when I read the very first post in the thread.

Its everyone else that seems to be making a big deal about skin color, race exc. I dont care if its a white bald man running things as long as he is the best qualified. I a Native American woman and I would not give a rip if a Native American won UNLESS they were the most qualified, I wouldnt care if a woman won Unless they were the most qualified. I would settle for bald white men running things if I thought they could do a better job than someone with darker skin or a differnt gender.

I see the left as being the ones who are constantly making an issue out of race and gender when they should be making an issue out of who is most qualified.

YOU ARE THE ONE WHO BROUGHT UP RACE.

You said he was "non-white", as if it were a qualification.

Now, everyone go back and read the OP. :rolleyes:

YOU ARE THE ONE WHO BROUGHT UP RACE.

Now, everyone go back and read the OP. :rolleyes:\

I was asking if you could look past race. That's literally the only thing you mentioned in your post - a response to my post asking what people think of Bobby Jindal. If some one liner about race is really all you think of him, I'll ask again - can you look past race?

You said he was "non-white", as if it were a qualification.

Not a qualification - a trait. It also says "thin" - do you believe the article purports a lack of obesity to be a "qualification?"

I was asking if you could look past race. That's literally the only thing you mentioned in your post - a response to my post asking what people think of Bobby Jindal. If some one liner about race is really all you think of him, I'll ask again - can you look past race?

Have you been questioning any of the people here gushing over a black US president because he is black??? I AM THE ONE WHO HAS BEEN CALLING FOR AN END TO RACIAL TESTS AND QUALIFICATIONS as long as I have posted here, and you dare to ask ME if I can look past race???!!

Have you been questioning any of the people here gushing over a black US president because he is black??? I AM THE ONE WHO HAS BEEN CALLING FOR AN END TO RACIAL TESTS AND QUALIFICATIONS as long as I have posted here, and you dare to ask ME if I can look past race???!!

And yet, you didn't discuss any of Bobby Jindal's other qualifications - just the race thing, so far.

And yet, you didn't discuss any of Bobby Jindal's other qualifications - just the race thing, so far.

You owe Libsmasher an apology. You opened this thread up with skin color. Were you trolling? Liberal minded types claim they want race and skin color transparent, yet they are the first to highlight it and drawn attention to it. If you were serious about opinions on Jindal's qualifications... his skin color should have never been mentioned.

The only thing people talk about, re Jindal, including in the media and here, is the "race thing". YOU only named one qualification, viz that he was governor of Louisiana (admittedly that makes him more qualified than, say, Obama) and you underline it's the "race thing" being considered by saying that he's being called the "other Obama". Bag it. :rolleyes:

I'm not too impressed. I think the 52% vote for Obama won't make this guy's politics too friendly for most Americans, either.

Bobby Jindal has a 100% pro-life voting record according to the National Right to Life Committee.[30] He opposes abortion without exception.[31][32] He does not condemn medical procedures meant to save the life of a pregnant woman that would indirectly cause the termination of the pregnancy.[33][32] Jindal also supports the use of emergency contraception in the case of rape.[32] He opposes embryonic stem cell research[34] and voted against increasing federal funding to expand embryonic stem cell lines.[30]

As a private citizen, Jindal voted for the "Stelly Tax plan",[35] a referendum named for former state Representative Vic Stelly of Lake Charles, which swapped some sales taxes for higher income taxes. Whether or not the "Stelly Plan" is giving the desired results is still hotly debated statewide. Early Republican challenger Steve Scalise challenged Jindal on his vote for this tax plan before Scalise dropped out of the congressional race in 2004. As Governor, Jindal initially opposed reforms to the Stelly plan that would result in over $300 million in tax cuts. He later agreed to the tax cut after the legislature appeared headed to eliminating the entire personal income tax which Jindal also opposed.[36] Talk show host Moon Griffon subsequently refused to air radio ads paid for by the organization Believe in Louisiana crediting Jindal for Stelly reforms saying "Now, they are taking credit for the biggest income tax cut in the history of Louisiana and I felt like it was a lie. To be real blunt, very misleading and it was an outright lie because he had fought hard against it".[36]

Jindal voted yes on making the PATRIOT Act permanent, voted in favor of the 2006 Military Commissions Act, supported a constitutional amendment banning flag burning,[37] and voted for the Real ID Act of 2005.[38] Jindal has an A rating from Gun Owners of America.[39]

He was a member of the conservative Republican Study Committee.[40] In 2006, Jindal voted with the Republican Caucus 97 percent of the time during the 109th Congress.[41]

Jindal also supports co-payments in Medicaid.[42]

In 2006, Jindal sponsored the Deep Ocean Energy Resources Act (H.R. 4761), a bill to eliminate the moratorium on offshore oil and gas drilling over the U.S. outer continental shelf, which prompted the watchdog group Republicans for Environmental Protection to issue him "an environmental harm demerit".[43] Jindal's 2006 rating from that organization was -4, among the lowest in Congress. The nonpartisan League of Conservation Voters also censured Jindal for securing passage of H.R. 4761 in the House of Representatives; the group rated his environmental performance that year at seven percent, citing anti-environment votes on 11 out of 12 critical issues. Jindal's lifetime score from the League of Conservation Voters is seven percent.[44] Despite claims that Jindal's bill was successful,[45] H.R. 4761 was replaced by S 3711 (known as the Domenici-Landrieu Fair Share Plan). The original Senate version was passed by both houses of Congress and signed by President Bush.[46]

In 2007, Jindal led the Louisiana delegation in Congressional earmark funding. According to Taxpayers for Common Sense, in 2007, Jindal's earmark funding was 14th among all Congressmen.[47] As Governor in 2008, Jindal used his line item veto to strike $16 million in earmarks from the state budget while allowing $30 million in legislator added spending.[48]

Jindal supports the teaching of intelligent design in public schools.[49]

On June 25, 2008, Jindal signed the "Sex Offender Chemical Castration Bill", authorizing the chemical castration of those convicted of certain sex offenses.[50]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Jindal

Werbung:
Back