The truth about Palin and the Bridge to Nowhere

We need to travel to Wasilla and look at what has happened since she took office 12 years ago. A hospital that is going to have her name on it, a sports arena that will have Todd's name, or maybe Track's. Major blunders in road improvements, Wal Marts literally right across the street from another. Box stores killing long standing local businesses, and all bought and paid for by lobbyists and done on her watch.

You have a problem with hospitals?
You have a problem with sports arenas?
You have a problem with road improvements? And what "blunders"?
You have a problem with Wal-Mart? What the old Wal-Mart and the newly expanded Super Store just down the street?
You have a problem with "Box Stores"?

Sounds like progress to me!!!

Werbung:
You have a problem with hospitals?
You have a problem with sports arenas?
You have a problem with road improvements? And what "blunders"?
You have a problem with Wal-Mart? What the old Wal-Mart and the newly expanded Super Store just down the street?
You have a problem with "Box Stores"?

Sounds like progress to me!!!

I have a problem with the fact she is running on a ticket that is claiming to be against earmarks. When in fact, Governor Palin, has used them to her advantage at every turn. Now to suggest that they are somehow bad, is a joke and takes away from credibility of the argument being put forth.

Alaskans as a whole have come to rely on earmarks. Without them, the rural areas of Alaska that would be considered developing areas of the world would certainly be third world areas. What gets my is the total hypocrisy being claimed by the McCain Palin ticket.

I have a problem with the fact she is running on a ticket that is claiming to be against earmarks. When in fact, Governor Palin, has used them to her advantage at every turn. Now to suggest that they are somehow bad, is a joke and takes away from credibility of the argument being put forth.

Alaskans as a whole have come to rely on earmarks. Without them, the rural areas of Alaska that would be considered developing areas of the world would certainly be third world areas. What gets my is the total hypocrisy being claimed by the McCain Palin ticket.

Bunz, thats TOTAL Bullshat... McCain has NEVER asked for, or received, an Earmark. Call Palin a hypocrite all you like, it doesn't apply to McCain where earmarks are concerned.

You also seem to forget Palin is the NUMBER 2 on the ticket, she's now following McCain's lead and he says earmarks days are numbered... Thats one area where I trust McCain to stick to his word.

You're candidate of Change has had FAR MORE and substantial hypocritical positions - like promising to work within the federal election funding... until he found he could raise and spend much more by staying out.... With untold amounts of cash rolling in from ILLEGAL sources - some of which have been made public.

Bunz, thats TOTAL Bullshat... McCain has NEVER asked for, or received, an Earmark. Call Palin a hypocrite all you like, it doesn't apply to McCain where earmarks are concerned.
OK, when it comes to Palin and earmarks, she is a total HYPOCRITE! She has made her political career on sweetheart deals with lobbyists and earmarks.
You also seem to forget Palin is the NUMBER 2 on the ticket, she's now following McCain's lead and he says earmarks days are numbered... Thats one area where I trust McCain to stick to his word.
She is number 2 to a guy who is to old for the job. Has had cancer several times, and other physical limitations. Palin becoming President is much more likely than Biden.
You're candidate of Change has had FAR MORE and substantial hypocritical positions - like promising to work within the federal election funding... until he found he could raise and spend much more by staying out.... With untold amounts of cash rolling in from ILLEGAL sources - some of which have been made public.
My candidate of change? Hell to be honest GenSeneca. I might just sit this one out. With how this whole election cycle has played out to this point, it makes me want to vomit on both the right and left. Disgraceful.

OK, when it comes to Palin and earmarks, she is a total HYPOCRITE! She has made her political career on sweetheart deals with lobbyists and earmarks.
Doesn't bother me... Obama's a hypocrite and so is Biden... We are talking about Politicians. Of course, I think the charge of Hypocrisy is nonsense since we are ALL hypocrites in some way.
She is number 2 to a guy who is to old for the job. Has had cancer several times, and other physical limitations.
McCain's mother is still alive, his family has a history for living very long lives... I'm not worried about him making to 2012.
Palin becoming President is much more likely than Biden.
McCain would have to die or become incapacitated for the inexperienced Palin to become president... On the Democrat ticket, inexperience is ON TOP of the ticket.
My candidate of change? Hell to be honest GenSeneca. I might just sit this one out. With how this whole election cycle has played out to this point, it makes me want to vomit on both the right and left. Disgraceful.
Forgive me for thinking you were a supporter of Obama and I know how you feel about this election, I felt the same way until McCain picked Palin. I understand you are in a position to know Palin better than myself but you also seem to be far less conservative than myself...

Your complaints about Palin would be more meaningful if you were a Conservative and I don't say that to be dismissive of your criticism, just don't think we see eye to eye there... But it is like me trying to tell Obama supporters about how horrible I think Obama is, it doesn't mean anything to them. (of course, they also ignore fellow Liberals and Progressives when it comes to criticism of Obama)

Doesn't bother me... Obama's a hypocrite and so is Biden... We are talking about Politicians. Of course, I think the charge of Hypocrisy is nonsense since we are ALL hypocrites in some way.
Well at least we can generally agree on this.
McCain's mother is still alive, his family has a history for living very long lives... I'm not worried about him making to 2012.
Yes but his Father and Grand-Father died at ages very similar to McCain's current age. Also, his mother doesnt have the same medical history that John does. I have some concerns about the longevity of McCain and I dont think they are unfounded. I have some serious questions about the experience of Palin to step in. She is in way over her head.
McCain would have to die or become incapacitated for the inexperienced Palin to become president... On the Democrat ticket, inexperience is ON TOP of the ticket.
Or McCain would somehow otherwise need to leave office. I am aware of the circumstances where President Palin becomes a real issue. On the Democrat side, inexperience is on top of the ticket. I will certainly concede the experience levels in the sense that McCain is more experienced than Obama.
But when one brings Palin into the mix. We are talking about Obama being in the NFL and Palin being in a Div3 school.
Forgive me for thinking you were a supporter of Obama and I know how you feel about this election, I felt the same way until McCain picked Palin. I understand you are in a position to know Palin better than myself but you also seem to be far less conservative than myself...
Well I am an Obama supporter. If I vote in November, it will be for Obama. But that does not mean that I dont have a tremendous amount of respect for McCain. I supported him in 2000, and have said on this site, that if I could choose a Repub for President it would be McCain. As an Independant, my top three choices are on the ticket...in order...Biden, Obama and McCain. I also have known Sarah for many years. She has done alright in Alaska until about 6 months ago. I would have been delighted to support McCain Palin 6 months ago. But the latest moves by Palin as Governor, have soured my considerably. She has moved away from her positions on the 2006 campaign trail. In the last 6 months, as Governor, she has:
Supported the DNR process for permitting Pebble Mine.
Spoke out against Ballot Measure 4(which is also going to come under investigation for CRIMINAL activities)
Ramrodded a flawed AGIA process in the face of a viable and privately funded gas line.
And TrooperGate. The investigation is yet to begin. But there is the likelihood that she used undue influence at the State Commissioner level to get her ex brother in law fired. Regardless of if Trooper Wooten deserved to be fired, the Governor does not have any business in those matters and it is being rumoured that if she is not elected VP, she may face impeachment hearings as GOV. I think it is much to early to even begin to speculate about that. But it is being talked about among senior people in the State.
Your complaints about Palin would be more meaningful if you were a Conservative and I don't say that to be dismissive of your criticism, just don't think we see eye to eye there... But it is like me trying to tell Obama supporters about how horrible I think Obama is, it doesn't mean anything to them. (of course, they also ignore fellow Liberals and Progressives when it comes to criticism of Obama)
You are failing to understand that I know this woman personally. Politics aside, I have been to family functions well before she was even Governor, and even before she was on the city council. I am an Independant in Alaska. Probably a liberal in the sense I want universal health care and am pro-life, but am Pro-ANWR, pro-2nd amendment. If the GOP would drop all the Jesus crap, I would probably be right there with them. I voted for Bush in 2000, but the actions of Bush has cost the GOP my vote in 2008, and I cant think of a GOP member I would want to be President more than McCain. I just cant support him picking someone who is so unprepared for the #2 spot.

If the GOP would drop all the Jesus crap, I would probably be right there with them. I voted for Bush in 2000, but the actions of Bush has cost the GOP my vote in 2008, and I cant think of a GOP member I would want to be President more than McCain. I just cant support him picking someone who is so unprepared for the #2 spot.

If the "Jesus crap" is your big trouble with the GOP then you should like the new GOP

McCain doenst like the "Jesus crap" either, it was the christian fundies who didn't vote for him in 2000, they went for Bush. He said some nasty things about them.

He has tried to be nicer to them this time around but he still doesnt like them or care for them and he will sure let them know it once he is elected..

Though Palin I do not think is that way or would do that. So the "Jesus crap" would end up coming back in 2012 :)

but I bet you can see a 4 year period without it

It certainly is possible. I think this whole rendition of her being a reformer is being blown way overboard by both sides. Ultimately, in Alaska, she is a poppulist.

Touchable? Hired Lobbyists? Wasilla never had a paid DC lobbyist until Palin became Mayor. Her and Uncle Ted, especially Don Young go back a long ways. You want to talk earmarks...We need to travel to Wasilla and look at what has happened since she took office 12 years ago. A hospital that is going to have her name on it, a sports arena that will have Todd's name, or maybe Track's. Major blunders in road improvements, Wal Marts literally right across the street from another. Box stores killing long standing local businesses, and all bought and paid for by lobbyists and done on her watch.

I am sure it will be interesting to watch. Because we havent heard anything of substance from her since she was picked.

well its only been a couple of weeks. Lord Obama never went on an unfriendly program until Hillary was breathing down his neck. he always went to safe zones. Right now the left wing media would love to twist her words, to get her to look bad. she has to be careful who she talks to because they are out for her blood and the blood of her family. But I have to admit, its helping the GOP

I have a problem with the fact she is running on a ticket that is claiming to be against earmarks.

I believe you're a bit confuse Bunz, NOBODY is against "earmarks", because "earmarks" are how Federal matching highway funds are distributed to ALL the States. Earmarks are how most federal matching funds are distributed to the States to cover ALL federally mandated programs, that's why they're called "earmarks", the funds are to be spent ONLY on those particularly "earmarked" programs, and NOTHING ELSE. What the GOP is against is "pork barrel spending", you know, the "earmarks" that are like spending $5 million to find out why blueberries are blue, or why fish smell bad when they sit out in the sun too long?

When in fact, Governor Palin, has used them to her advantage at every turn. Now to suggest that they are somehow bad, is a joke and takes away from credibility of the argument being put forth.

Alaskans as a whole have come to rely on earmarks. Without them, the rural areas of Alaska that would be considered developing areas of the world would certainly be third world areas. What gets my is the total hypocrisy being claimed by the McCain Palin ticket.[/QUOTE]

There is no "hypocrisy" Bunz, just a total lack of comprehension of how government works on the part of the VAST majority of Libs, which is why so many of them end up sounding like complete morons when they try to talk about things like this.

As long as the federal government insists on this damnable "redistribution of wealth" by forceably extricating funds from citizens of one state and sending them to another, there will always be earmarks. Where the hypocrisy comes in is when Libtards get THEIR earmarks for "Head Start", or the old queers home, or whatever else they want, but then turn around and complain when a Republican requests earmarks to BUILD ROADS, BRIDGES, HIGHWAYS, AND PIERS, which are LEGITIMATE earmarks that benefit EVERYONE and not just the Libtards favorite "special interest group".

But the latest moves by Palin as Governor, have soured my considerably. She has moved away from her positions on the 2006 campaign trail. In the last 6 months, as Governor, she has:
Supported the DNR process for permitting Pebble Mine.

Source please. I've looked all over the place, and can find no confirmable source that she is anything except totally neutral on the subject of Pebble Mine. The only definitive statement I've seen is that she "wishes it could be someplace else".

Spoke out against Ballot Measure 4(which is also going to come under investigation for CRIMINAL activities)

Well, after actually taking the time to read "The Alaska Clean Water Initiative", I'd have been against it too! The fact of the matter is that all of the "toxic substances" that they're talking about are already IN the soil, and already leach into the water on a regular basis! It was nothing but a thinly veiled attempt by Environmenal WHACKO's to stifle any and all future mining or development in Alaska. I'd also like to see your sources supporting your allegation that there was any criminal activity on the part of Governor Palin as it relates to the FAILED ballot measure. Don't forget, she clearly said that she was taking her Governors hat off, and was speaking as a PRIVATE CITIZEN. Are you against the First Amendment?:eek:

Ramrodded a flawed AGIA process in the face of a viable and privately funded gas line.

Ramrodded?? You're working from a completely different dictionary than the rest of the country if you think that getting the Bill passed through your own States Legislature, by an almost unanimous vote constitutes "ramrodding"! AGIA was brought about because of Murkowski's rather shady grant of a "no bid contract" to Conoco and BP. If BP and Conoco really wanted to build the pipeline, all they had to do was submit their bids in accordance to AGIA guidelines just like TransCanada did, but they couldn't be bothered.

And TrooperGate. The investigation is yet to begin. But there is the likelihood that she used undue influence at the State Commissioner level to get her ex brother in law fired. Regardless of if Trooper Wooten deserved to be fired, the Governor does not have any business in those matters and it is being rumoured that if she is not elected VP, she may face impeachment hearings as GOV. I think it is much to early to even begin to speculate about that. But it is being talked about among senior people in the State.

You mean it's being discussed among senior DIM-O-CRAPS in the State. Here's a cluepon for ya buddy, she didn't have to have a reason to fire him, because he worked at the pleasure of the Governor, and in case you missed it, that's HER. She could have fired him because she didn't like the color of a tie he wore to work, and there wouldn't be a damned thing that he, or anyone else could do about it.

The fact of the matter is that the Trooper in question would have been fired LONG before she was elected, except for Murkowski kneeling down and sucking off the Union!

You are failing to understand that I know this woman personally. Politics aside, I have been to family functions well before she was even Governor, and even before she was on the city council. I am an Independant in Alaska. Probably a liberal in the sense I want universal health care and am pro-life, but am Pro-ANWR, pro-2nd amendment.

I didn't know that being "pro-life" was a liberal stance? Perhaps you meant pro-choice?

If the GOP would drop all the Jesus crap, I would probably be right there with them.

What "Jesus crap"? Because a part of the GOP membership are Christians, you're running with morons? Here's another clue for you, most people in the GOP, while they identify themselves as Christians, are more like me, and I haven't been to Church more than a dozen times in 20 years! Remember what Ed Koch said "if you agree with me on 7 out of 10 things, vote for me, if you agree with me on 10 out of 10 things, you need to see a psychiatrist!".

I voted for Bush in 2000, but the actions of Bush has cost the GOP my vote in 2008, and I cant think of a GOP member I would want to be President more than McCain. I just cant support him picking someone who is so unprepared for the #2 spot.

If the VP pick is what swung you to the Dim-O-Craps, especially considering that Biden is Obama's VP choice, you were never seriously considering voting for McCain in the first place.

If the "Jesus crap" is your big trouble with the GOP then you should like the new GOP
The new GOP? I am afraid it is the same GOP. You can paint the body of the broke down truck on the lawn, but it is still the same truck and still broken.
McCain doenst like the "Jesus crap" either, it was the christian fundies who didn't vote for him in 2000, they went for Bush. He said some nasty things about them.
His views on RvW, various other social issues and his latest pandering to the right make me want to vomit. I supported John McCain in 2000, this isnt the same McCain.
He has tried to be nicer to them this time around but he still doesnt like them or care for them and he will sure let them know it once he is elected..
Once he is elected? I am not sure he knows what day of the week it is. If anyone is more likely to break campaign promises in this election cycle it is McCain merely for the fact that he probably cant remember who he likes and doesnt.
Though Palin I do not think is that way or would do that. So the "Jesus crap" would end up coming back in 2012 :)

but I bet you can see a 4 year period without it
You see the Palin social agenda is something I dont agree with at all, but in her current position she cant do much damage. Get her into Washington and I dont trust her. Juneau changed her, imagine what DC will do.

In all reality though, the roof is going to cave on her in a dramatic way. There is so much stuff that will come out on her and family that will show she is not ready for the big leagues.

I believe you're a bit confuse Bunz, NOBODY is against "earmarks", because "earmarks" are how Federal matching highway funds are distributed to ALL the States. Earmarks are how most federal matching funds are distributed to the States to cover ALL federally mandated programs, that's why they're called "earmarks", the funds are to be spent ONLY on those particularly "earmarked" programs, and NOTHING ELSE. What the GOP is against is "pork barrel spending", you know, the "earmarks" that are like spending $5 million to find out why blueberries are blue, or why fish smell bad when they sit out in the sun too long?
HUH? McCain has come out very vocally about hating earmarks. Whereas Alaskans through our current Congressional delegation have come to maximize on them, especially none other than Sarah Palin.
There is no "hypocrisy" Bunz, just a total lack of comprehension of how government works on the part of the VAST majority of Libs, which is why so many of them end up sounding like complete morons when they try to talk about things like this.
Give me a break. Take this garbage and bring it somewhere else. Earmarks have been the hallmark of GOP pork. You need to get in touch with reality.
As long as the federal government insists on this damnable "redistribution of wealth" by forceably extricating funds from citizens of one state and sending them to another, there will always be earmarks. Where the hypocrisy comes in is when Libtards get THEIR earmarks for "Head Start", or the old queers home, or whatever else they want, but then turn around and complain when a Republican requests earmarks to BUILD ROADS, BRIDGES, HIGHWAYS, AND PIERS, which are LEGITIMATE earmarks that benefit EVERYONE and not just the Libtards favorite "special interest group".
You dont want to go down the road of GOP earmarks being more valuable than "Libtards". I cant wait until your ban comes into effect.

Werbung:
Source please. I've looked all over the place, and can find no confirmable source that she is anything except totally neutral on the subject of Pebble Mine. The only definitive statement I've seen is that she "wishes it could be someplace else".
Publicly she has been generally neutral. While Todd's mother owns the largest hardware store in the region and is being funneled millions of dollars. I also get a kick out of the wishes it was someplace else mantra. You cant just up and move a mineral deposit to somewhere else that wont effect the headwaters of the two largest salmon producing rivers in the world.

Well, after actually taking the time to read "The Alaska Clean Water Initiative", I'd have been against it too! The fact of the matter is that all of the "toxic substances" that they're talking about are already IN the soil, and already leach into the water on a regular basis!
Ummm...no. The introduced chemicals from the mining process is the concern. Meaning cyanide mostly, and the tailings that are likely to develop acid mine drainage that is not a concern in its natural enviroment, but has ruined watersheds the world over.
It was nothing but a thinly veiled attempt by Environmenal WHACKO's to stifle any and all future mining or development in Alaska. I'd also like to see your sources supporting your allegation that there was any criminal activity on the part of Governor Palin as it relates to the FAILED ballot measure.
It is being investigated. http://community.adn.com/adn/node/130900
Don't forget, she clearly said that she was taking her Governors hat off, and was speaking as a PRIVATE CITIZEN. Are you against the First Amendment?:eek:
What a crock of crap. The notion that an elected official can speak anytime on a political issue as a private citizen by just giving a lame disclaimer is beyond naive.
There is a law that very clearly says that the state and its officials are to remain neutral on ballot measures. Imagine if Pelosi or any democrat said something as ridiculous, you would be seething over it.
I dont care if the BM says we are going to ban Thanksgiving, the Governor is always the Governor and they are not allowed to give thier opinion on the matter.

Ramrodded?? You're working from a completely different dictionary than the rest of the country if you think that getting the Bill passed through your own States Legislature, by an almost unanimous vote constitutes "ramrodding"! AGIA was brought about because of Murkowski's rather shady grant of a "no bid contract" to Conoco and BP. If BP and Conoco really wanted to build the pipeline, all they had to do was submit their bids in accordance to AGIA guidelines just like TransCanada did, but they couldn't be bothered.
Read up on AGIA and the history surrounding it a bit better and get back with me. Read up about the Denali project and get back with me if you dont get banned first.

You mean it's being discussed among senior DIM-O-CRAPS in the State. Here's a cluepon for ya buddy, she didn't have to have a reason to fire him, because he worked at the pleasure of the Governor, and in case you missed it, that's HER. She could have fired him because she didn't like the color of a tie he wore to work, and there wouldn't be a damned thing that he, or anyone else could do about it.
Well yes apparently there is, because she is under investigation, and has hired legal council to defend herself. While she may change personell without cause, that is not the issue. The issue is if she overstepped her bounds in wanting to have a single state employee removed for personal reasons after the normal channels had been exhausted.
The fact of the matter is that the Trooper in question would have been fired LONG before she was elected, except for Murkowski kneeling down and sucking off the Union!
I like the last sentence the most. Murkowski sucking off a union is the most ridiculous thing I have heard in a while. But the fact of the matter is that before you ever heard of Trooper Wooten, or even Sarah Palin, the issues surrounding his employment as a AST was already settled. Lets see what the final outcome of the investigation is. There is a chance she could face impeachment hearings over TrooperGate and her inability to shut up when it comes to ballot measures.

I didn't know that being "pro-life" was a liberal stance? Perhaps you meant pro-choice?
Yes I did mean pro-choice. Thanks for the clarification.

Back