The White male Uncle Tom

Libsmasher

The white male uncle tom is one of the more slimey subspecies of the human race. He tries to bring attention to himself by denigrating his own race and gender. You can read him in liberal rags, and see him on panels of feminists, doing his thing. Probably, deep down, those people have contempt for him, as did Malcolm X in his book By Any Means Necessary. No white male working man worth his paycheck would utter what he does - that's why you can only find the white male uncle tom in the non-productive and parasitic roles in society: he's a lib journalist, he's a lawyer, he's a tenured humanities or social science faculty member. He's highly likely to live by parasitism on the taxes of the working people he ridicules, getting paid by government universities or government grants. He's also represented by the cowards who slither overseas and criticize the US to foreigners in ways that he would never do, say, in a bar among normal american men, because he knows somebody would knock him flat on his ass. He is likely to be gay or a sissy - that's why he tries to mock the characteristics of real men: competitive, independent, competent, and not needing or wanting government to interfere with their lives. He hates and fears normal white men because compared to them, he's garbage and he knows it.

Werbung:
The white male uncle tom is one of the more slimey subspecies of the human race.

It's ironic that you must make reference to famous and compelling work of anti-slavery literature, a book attacking what was, at the time, an institution dominated one hundred percent by white males, in order to attack white males who recognize that fact today.

He tries to bring attention to himself by denigrating his own race and gender.

Or he simply recognizes that white males have unfairly dominated Western society for a long, long time, and that it's time now for everyone to have their fair share of the pie.

You can read him in liberal rags, and see him on panels of feminists, doing his thing.

Who'd have thought women weren't just for making babies? The things these liberals say! Someone ought to let them know that we really are still in the middle of the Medieval Ages.

Probably, deep down, those people have contempt for him, as did Malcolm X in his book By Any Means Necessary.

Beware the psychic bigot - his insights into the human brain far surpass those who conduct in-depth studies into human behavior and the nature of the human mind. Those psychologists and sociologists and behavioral analysts only have science on their side - but the bigot, he has the power of just knowing.

No white male working man worth his paycheck would utter what he does -

Huh. Does that "white male working man" consistently utter complex sentences? If the answer is no (and it probably is), then you're right, he doesn't utter what liberal intellectuals do. He is incapable of doing so.

that's why you can only find the white male uncle tom in the non-productive and parasitic roles in society: he's a lib journalist, he's a lawyer, he's a tenured humanities or social science faculty member.

See! Social scientists are evil! So are journalists. We hate freedom of the press. And don't forget artists! In fact, just about everything cultural just has to go.

And as for lawyers...huh?

He's highly likely to live by parasitism on the taxes of the working people he ridicules, getting paid by government universities or government grants.

He's highly likely to work in education of one sort or another, trying to get people stop being braindead. It's amazing how the braindead are the ones who ridicule him, isn't it? Some sort of primitive survival instinct, maybe? Or is it just bitterness?

He's also represented by the cowards who slither overseas and criticize the US to foreigners in ways that he would never do, say, in a bar among normal american men, because he knows somebody would knock him flat on his ass.

Ah, yes, physical violence. You're not a real man if you can't beat up the guys on either side of you. Let's just dispense with assigning any value to intellectuality, shall we? Let's just let Chuck Norris run the country.

I can see it now, our foreign policy dictated by "Walker, Texas Ranger." Oh...wait. I really do see that.

He is likely to be gay or a sissy

Homophobia now! Perhaps we should revert to the good 'ole days, when homosexuality was considered a mental disease! For that matter, let's just beat the hell out of anyone who isn't exactly like us. David Duke would approve. So would Fred Phelps.

that's why he tries to mock the characteristics of real men: competitive, independent, competent, and not needing or wanting government to interfere with their lives.

That's why he avoids the characteristics of so-called "real men": insecure, unintelligent, alcoholic, and just plain unaware. Ah, the simple life.

He hates and fears normal white men because compared to them, he's garbage and he knows it.

Which one of us is garbage? The one who purveys socially-regressive ideas that ridicule white men who would attempt to reconcile our very real and still-pertinent racist past, or the one who does attempt to reconcile our very real and still-pertinent racist past and avoid making such mistakes in the future?

WHICH ONE OF US IS GARBAGE?

I'd ban you for the racist and homophobic rhetoric you're espousing here, but obviously this post had me upset enough that I don't think it'd be fair to come from me.

I love it when white men think they are being picked on. They have 90% of everything, and are scared to death they may have to give up more. As a white woman I used to work side by side with men who made more than I did just because they were men. They actually didn't think one thing was wrong with that. Fortunately, the SC did.

Forget the screaming outrage. The world isn't yours Libsmasher. You have to share.

That's why he avoids the characteristics of so-called "real men": insecure, unintelligent, alcoholic, and just plain unaware. Ah, the simple life.

Vyo, as a liberal, aren't the characteristics competitiveness, independence, competence, and not needing or wanting government to interfere with their lives exactly what good citizens have?

Which one of us is garbage? The one who pruveys socially-regressive ideas that ridicule white men who would attempt to reconcile our very real and still-pertinent racist past, or the one who does attempt to reconcile our very real and still-pertinent racist past and avoid making such mistakes in the future?

I don't necessarily disagree with you on most of your post, vyo, but I do have to ask: how is the racism of our ancestors at all still-pertinent? As has been pointed out here previously, blacks had largely gotten over their unfair and disadvantaged roots (slavery) by the 1950s and 60s -- statistically, they were pretty much on par with whites by this time.

Palerider pointed out in another thread that in the late 50's, the divorce rate among blacks was statistically equivalent to that of whites, and the fact that the rate of children born to single mothers was only a couple of percent higher than among blacks, and that there was less than a 5% difference between the SAT scores of blacks vs whites, while today the divorce rate is higher, over 75% of black children are born to single mothers and the gap in SAT scores is roughly the size of the grand canyon.

Wouldn't the best approach be to stop talking about racial differences and proceed according to merit and colorblindness?

Yes, I can see the logical link between opposing slavery = being a white uncle sam = wanting a big government controlling unneccessary aspects of our lives.

Congratulation, your scared of the black race because you think they're taking everything away from you.

Libsmasher said:
He is likely to be gay or a sissy

Studies have shown that many of the most virulent homophobics are more likely to be latent homosexuals.

Now, I'm not saying this is necessarily true of you, but if the shoe fits...

The white male uncle tom is one of the more slimey subspecies of the human race. He tries to bring attention to himself by denigrating his own race and gender. You can read him in liberal rags, and see him on panels of feminists, doing his thing. Probably, deep down, those people have contempt for him, as did Malcolm X in his book By Any Means Necessary. No white male working man worth his paycheck would utter what he does - that's why you can only find the white male uncle tom in the non-productive and parasitic roles in society: he's a lib journalist, he's a lawyer, he's a tenured humanities or social science faculty member. He's highly likely to live by parasitism on the taxes of the working people he ridicules, getting paid by government universities or government grants. He's also represented by the cowards who slither overseas and criticize the US to foreigners in ways that he would never do, say, in a bar among normal american men, because he knows somebody would knock him flat on his ass. He is likely to be gay or a sissy - that's why he tries to mock the characteristics of real men: competitive, independent, competent, and not needing or wanting government to interfere with their lives. He hates and fears normal white men because compared to them, he's garbage and he knows it.

Did you write that silly rant yourself, or cut and paste from some blogger?

I found this diatribe quite amusing, Lipsmasher, it's good that you wrote it rather than spoke it because I doubt that even you could say this stuff with a straight face.

While you're bashing gays and sissies maybe you could explain why it is that these gays and sissies serve unnoticed in the military (often with great courage and valor) and only get thrown out when they admit that they aren't straight. It seems sort of self-fulfilling prophecy for you to denigrate them so viciously while ignoring their undeniable contributions and denying them the right to be patriots and serve their country.

One of the things that made me chuckle about your post was the tired rhetoric, you did nothing but spew the same tired cant that people with lots of opinions and very little education have been troweling out for centuries--the only thing that changes is the group being dumped on this time. If you had lived a few decades earlier you would have worn a pointy white hat and burned crosses in black people's yards or attacked interracial couples. A few decades before that it would have been immigrants, before that it might have been the indigenous Americans, before that maybe Jews. Just think, Lips, if you live long enough you can stop being homophobic and start being xenophobic when we make contact with alien life-forms in space.

"Brave new hates, brave new bombs, brave new wars...a perfectly purposeless process of societal suicide."
Charley Gordon

Vyo, as a liberal, aren't the characteristics competitiveness, independence, competence, and not needing or wanting government to interfere with their lives exactly what good citizens have?

Oh yes. I just didn't like how he said it.

I don't necessarily disagree with you on most of your post, vyo, but I do have to ask: how is the racism of our ancestors at all still-pertinent? As has been pointed out here previously, blacks had largely gotten over their unfair and disadvantaged roots (slavery) by the 1950s and 60s -- statistically, they were pretty much on par with whites by this time.

In terms of economic and social equality, blacks were on the rise during the 50s and 60s, but they were (and still are) far from on par.

Palerider pointed out in another thread that in the late 50's, the divorce rate among blacks was statistically equivalent to that of whites, and the fact that the rate of children born to single mothers was only a couple of percent higher than among blacks, and that there was less than a 5% difference between the SAT scores of blacks vs whites, while today the divorce rate is higher, over 75% of black children are born to single mothers and the gap in SAT scores is roughly the size of the grand canyon.

The divorce rate is higher for everyone today. The real question: what would have happened in 1950 if a black man was caught romancing a white woman? We may have largely gotten over lynching by then, but the results still weren't pretty.

As for SAT scores, I'm not sure how that's even pertinent to the discussion. Discussing and acknowledging racism today has as much to do with preventing America from lapsing into old, bad habits as it does with improving present conditions.

Take the Don Imus thing. While the backlash he recieved for his comments may seem disproportionate to their severity, it is that very casualness that made the backlash a necessity. If we say, "okay, racism sucks, we're all equal, and lets all be color-blind" then it'd be pretty easy to slip, inadvertently even, back into the racism of old. It's a generational thing. The old generation has seen how awful racism is and has rejected it comfortably. They even joke about it with the understanding amongst each other that the whole thing is over with. The younger generation hears that joking and, since they never saw or understood how bad racism was, they latch onto the thing with the stronger emotional appeal - the joke.

Wouldn't the best approach be to stop talking about racial differences and proceed according to merit and colorblindness?

Someday that'll be the case, and that will be a truly wonderful day. However, our society as a whole just isn't quite ready for it yet. It's a good sign that people want it, and someday we'll have it.

this sounds like new propaganda put out by Obama's campaign.
typical show of distraction from his muslim photos.

WOW you described Allan Alda or Tim Robbins or Alec Baldwin perfectly and maybe Peter Jennings,

Men like that make me understand why there are so many lesbians out there. They are revolting!

Werbung:
The rant that kicked this thread off went little to far IMHO. I think to simplify the complaint and avoid getting to obsessive or carried away I would have just describe his focus as the Holyer-Than-Thou mentality and leave it as that.

Back