Threads Merged: Obama Nobel Prize

Re: Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize

Yes jimmy carter is a Jew hater.

I do not celebrate murder of anyone and certianly not the Palestinian women or children. I am not saying Israel is perfect because they are not. But when terrorists groups strap bombs on their own women and children and retarded citizens then tell them to go blow up a bus or cafe in Israel, I do not blame Israel... I blame the terrorists bastards who did it.

Werbung:

How much sniping are you capable of in a day Pandora?

If someone does a measure of greatness for the world, you automatically discount them for some soundbite you heard about their imperfections and not living up to ideals they promote. The idea is not that these people are perfect or will ever be perfect, it is that they have tried in a valiant way to bring perfection to the world.

Get it?

No,

I dont get it

I do not accept or believe in global warming, I think its a frakin joke but I do more to to recycle, save energy and not polute than the jokers who say global warming is killing us. I do not expect them to be perfect but I do expect them to even half heartedly live up the the bull crap they promote.

by the way what measure of greatness are you talking about? Example please....

The countries around the world are laughing.

It is said he was nominated only 11 days into his term, so it's
basically based on nothing!

And when you see that Jimmy Carter and Al Gore won it, you know it's a joke!

At least Obama admitted he wasn't deserving of it!

If you notice, nobody is providing specifics of what he accomplished.

Ariel Sharon did some things he should not have done. Some of the things he did were sad but right, he had to protect his people but some of the things he did were just flat wrong.

Some say, that is why he is in the current state that he is in.

He was no Benjamin Netanyahu

The important point about the award is that it showcases how
silly the Nobel Peace Prize is!

If Obama was awarded only 11 days into his term, it's a joke
and it demeans any past winners that actually accomplished anything.

I'm laughing here thinking about it, because I can't remember him
doing much in that first eleven days!

The important point about the award is that it showcases how
silly the Nobel Peace Prize is!

If Obama was awarded only 11 days into his term, it's a joke
and it demeans any past winners that actually accomplished anything.

I'm laughing here thinking about it, because I can't remember him
doing much in that first eleven days!

I wonder what he had done in those first 11 days to make them think he should get a prize, or if he was nominated for something he said or did before he got elected?

30 reasons Obama deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

I offer these without comment...except to once again say: Congratulations Mr. President!

3/18/8 – Obama caught world-wide attention for his moving speech on race relations

7/24/8 - Obama lays the foundation for a new era of international relations and began inspiring renewed hope in American leadership during his campaign speech in Berlin

11/6/8 – Obama’s victory was hailed as a promise of hope for the world.

12/1/8 – Obama began plans to restore U.N. ambassador to cabinet rank.

1/22/9 - Appointed a Special Envoy for Middle East peace

1/22/9 – Ordered the closing of Guantanamo Bay

1/22/9 – Ordered comprehensive review of detention policies

1/22/9 – Prohibited use of torture

1/22/9 - Signed an executive order to close CIA secret prisons

1/23/9 – Lifted “Global Gag Rule” on international health groups

1/26/9 – Began to address climate change by increasing fuel standards for automobiles

1/26/9 – Appointed Special Envoy for Climate Change

1/27/9 - Signs Lily Ledbetter “Fair Pay” Act

2/1/9 – Expanded healthcare for children by signing SCHIP

2/5/9 - Again addressed energy conservation by increasing standards for appliances.

2/24/9 – Directed almost $1 billion for prevention and wellness to improve America’s health

2/25/9 - Initiated international efforts to reduce mercury emissions worldwide

2/27/9 – Committed to responsibly ending the war in Iraq

4/1/9 – Agreed to negotiation of a new Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty with Russia.

4/1/9 – Enhanced U.S. – China relations

4/2/9 - Led global response to the economic crisis through the G20, obtaining commitments of $1.1 trillion to safeguard the world’s most vulnerable economies

4/4/9 - Renewed dialog with NATO and other key allies

4/5/9 – Announced new strategy to responsible address international nuclear proliferation

4/13/9 – Began easing tension with Cuba through new policy stance

4/17/9 - Secured $5 billion in aid commitments "to bolster economy and help it fight terror and Islamic radicalism"

4/22/9 - Developed the renewable energy projects on the waters of our Outer Continental Shelf that produce electricity from wind, wave, and ocean currents.

5/8/9 – Proposed International Affaires budget that included funds to create a civilian response corps -- teams of civilian experts in rule of law, policing, transitional governance, economics, engineering, and other areas critical to helping rebuild war-torn societies; Provide $40 million for a "stabilization bridge fund," which would provide rapid response funds for the State Department to help stabilize a crisis situation.

6/4/9 - Gave historic address to the Muslim World in Cairo - "American is not at war with Islam" Foreign affairs experts insist that Obama's engagement with the Muslim world has been remarkable. "He has been able to dramatically change America's image in that region"

8/4/9 - Used DIPLOMACY to free 2 American journalists from a North Korea prison

9/18/9 - De-escalation of nuclear tension through re-purposing of missile defense prompting Russia to withdraw its missile plan.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2009/10/9/791412/-30+-Reasons-Obama-deserves-the-Nobel-Peace-Prize

Re: President Obama Nobel Peace Prize

091011pettBW.slideshow_main.prod_affiliate.91.jpg

Re: 30 reasons Obama deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

so basically; a bunch on rhetoric and no accomplishments right!

Just the fact that this guy and the bad attitude he brought is no longer the face of America is good enough for me..

screenshot20090906at650.jpg

With Obama, the US is respected in the world again..

Just the fact that this guy and the bad attitude he brought is no longer the face of America is good enough for me..

screenshot20090906at650.jpg

With Obama, the US is respected in the world again..

I guess it can be said that Yasser Arafat and Obama are alike, right?

America,s Haters give Obama PIECE prize!!!

Yes, The America Hater NOBEL ,gave Obama a "PIECE" prize for taking huge steps to DESTROY AMERICA! The PIECE AWARD , so named because it symbolizes the PIECES of our CONSTITUTION that Barack Hussien Obama has SHREDDED in only nine months. NOBEL , the creator of DYNAMITE!! , the FATHER of destruction and a hero to William Ayers another HATER of AMERICA .This dishonorable group could not have made a choice that reflects their agenda any better. I am positive that Obama will resolve to work harder and more devious to hasten the day America falls to fascism . With our Economy in a free fall, with our Military not knowning what their Commander - in Chief is thinking or which side he is on , When their President cannot make decisions necessary to save their lives, when he schedules "pick -up"- basketball games with members of our Congress but cannot make decisions , one wonders , where is his heart and mind? Yes, our enemies honor him while our Nation sits in total disbelief. My GOD, what have we done ? Where is our Nation headed ?, How much longer can AMERICA accept failed leadership?
YES, AMERICA has gone LOONEY TUNES!!

Re: America,s Haters give Obama PIECE prize!!!

Yes, The America Hater NOBEL ,gave Obama a "PIECE" prize for taking huge steps to DESTROY AMERICA!
You lost the election. Get over it.

No one like a Whiner.

:rolleyes:

Werbung:

I guess it can be said that Yasser Arafat and Obama are alike, right?

From the Nobel committee:

"The committee has attached special importance to Obama's vision of and work for a world without nuclear weapons," the statement said.

"Obama has as president created a new climate in international politics. Multilateral diplomacy has regained a central position, with emphasis on the role that the United Nations and other international institutions can play. Dialogue and negotiations are preferred as instruments for resolving even the most difficult international conflicts."

The committee added, "Only very rarely has a person to the same extent as Obama captured the world's attention and given its people hope for a better future."

Now I realize that since you're a Republican, you revel in death and destruction, but the rest of us (those with common sense), think that Obama's efforts put forth in creating a world with as few nuclear weapons and wars as possible, is something to be applauded.

Back