Three Books: Oswald,Horse Racing,Fictional President

TruthSeeker

OK, here's what I am heavily involved in right now. I happen to really like all of you in this forum, moreso than I ever have liked the people in any other forum. I have searched for YEARS to find a forum that isn't full of a-holes, and I actually found that forum! I can't thank all of you enough for making this forum a really great place to land.

So, I am asking for your assistance and input into some "projects" that I am presently working on.

A little background on me. I'm in my 50s, and I have adult ADD, which doesn't affect me intellectually, but it affects me from a "focusing" standpoint. Who would have thought that somebody in their 50s would be taking Ritalin!

Anyway, I am a published author (nothing spectacular, yet), and I am in the midst of working on THREE different books, all of which involve topics that I have been interested in for many, many years. Working on three books at once allows me to switch back and forth between books, which lessens the effects of my ADD and my inability to focus on one "project" the way I should.

1. Politics. I am heavily involved in a "factional" book (a book that combines fact and fiction) about a politician who ascends to the Presidency and uses "unorthodox" methods to get there. He saves the United States from certain destruction by overhauling the way the politicans "do business" in the beltway, and therefore clearing the way for major reforms in virtually every area of government. The way he goes about saving this country is both ingenious and inspiring. I already have a major publisher who is very interested in this book, based on the outline they have read.

2. Oswald. I have been a JFK assassination "conspiracy buff" since I was in high school. I have been doing research since the early 70s, and I have always wanted to write a book about Lee Harvey Oswald, and how he was used as a "patsy" in the JFK assassination. There is a huge web of lies and deceit and coverups that I have managed to hopefully untangle enough to finally provide LHO the "defense" that he never received.

3. Horse racing. I have been a thoroughred horse racing fan for decades. This book is my homage to the horses, not to the owners and trainers and jockeys. I am especially concentrating on the great race horses who were pushed too hard, and broke down in the process, which resulted in loss of life or retirement. I am also exposing some of the well-known trainers and the behind-the-scenes "methods" they use to "maximize" the performance of their horses. I am also extensively researching the pedigrees of the many famous and infamous racehorses that many of us know, either through triumph or tragedy. I have always been amazed, and inspired, by racehorses, especially such titans as Secretariat and Ruffian and Spectacular Bid and others.

Anyway, these are my three passions right now, all in various stages of completion.

Any contributions that any of you would like to make would be welcomed. Sometimes "fresh" input and insight is very helpful, especially when I have a bout with "writer's block".

Werbung:
I know nothing about horse racing I have little I could add on that
on JFK...there are so many books on it..what will be different about yours?

and on the third

interesting idea. seems to like a Mr Smith goes to Washington idea..Any ideas on what this new path will be? first thing that comes to mind for me...social media over money...going to the people and bypassing the Big Business and lobbiest...being outspent 10 to 1 in the election...but still coming out on top...Maybe some influence from the middle east overthrow of leaders like in Egypt who used it as a key way to focus. One idea that my party has often tried to overcome the 2 party system...by focusing on what we can do, the middle ground people agree on...and as we call them not the 3 G's..God Gays and Guns...

Out of order...
2. Oswald.
If you would consider writing this as a "Factional" book, you could start by Ruby either being stopped in his attempt or failing to kill LHO. From there you could write about the court room trial from the point of view of the Judge, or the Defense attorney, or one of the jurors, or as a journalist covering the trial, or even as LHO himself... At any rate, a trial would give you the opportunity to cover the incident from the initial arrest all the way through the multiple hearings process where the reader can examine the evidence on both sides through the lens of a courtroom drama.

3. Horse racing.
I wouldn't write about the famous and infamous horses, I'd do some research and write about the unremarkable horses with unique names and the owners who named them. One of my girlfriends had an uncle that raised and trained horses for their owners and some of them had very interesting names, like Dog Food, and Elmer's Glue. I remember thinking at the time that the owners were probably pretty interesting people or at the very least, had a macabre sense of humor.

1. Politics.
I can only envision two ways a president could have such a profound impact on the current system of Corporatism. First, your president would need to have a 2/3 majority in both the House and Senate to back his proposals as well as a Judicial branch that wouldn't overturn the resultant legislation. Such a storyline would require a massive national movement, like the Tea Party, to explain how such radical changes could realistically take place.

Second, you could write about current changes that result from a past president who did the unthinkable... He recorded and documented 100% of his political life and posthumously published an unedited tell-all that revealed all of the corruption, manipulation, and political maneuvering that takes place in Washington.

-----------
Put me down for a cut of the royalties on any of those best sellers. ;)

Out of order...

If you would consider writing this as a "Factional" book, you could start by Ruby either being stopped in his attempt or failing to kill LHO. From there you could write about the court room trial from the point of view of the Judge, or the Defense attorney, or one of the jurors, or as a journalist covering the trial, or even as LHO himself... At any rate, a trial would give you the opportunity to cover the incident from the initial arrest all the way through the multiple hearings process where the reader can examine the evidence on both sides through the lens of a courtroom drama.

I wouldn't write about the famous and infamous horses, I'd do some research and write about the unremarkable horses with unique names and the owners who named them. One of my girlfriends had an uncle that raised and trained horses for their owners and some of them had very interesting names, like Dog Food, and Elmer's Glue. I remember thinking at the time that the owners were probably pretty interesting people or at the very least, had a macabre sense of humor.

I can only envision two ways a president could have such a profound impact on the current system of Corporatism. First, your president would need to have a 2/3 majority in both the House and Senate to back his proposals as well as a Judicial branch that wouldn't overturn the resultant legislation. Such a storyline would require a massive national movement, like the Tea Party, to explain how such radical changes could realistically take place.

Second, you could write about current changes that result from a past president who did the unthinkable... He recorded and documented 100% of his political life and posthumously published an unedited tell-all that revealed all of the corruption, manipulation, and political maneuvering that takes place in Washington.

-----------
Put me down for a cut of the royalties on any of those best sellers. ;)

I like your Oswald idea, but there was a documentary done in the 1980s called "The Trial Of Lee Harvey Oswald", with a real judge and real jury and real prosecutor and a real defense attorney. But your premise of Mr. Rubenstein being stopped before he got off the shot, or Oswald surviving the shooting is still interesting. LHO has always fascinated me. I actually have a lot of sympathy for him, because I believe that he is completely innocent. I don't believe that he was on the 6th floor at all, and I don't believe that the Dallas Police Department was that good and that lucky in identifying and arresting LHO within an hour or so of the assassination.

As for the horses, it's amazing how few people I know are into horse racing. I have always been fascinated by the Triple Crown Races since I was maybe 10 years old.

I am pretty far into the writing of my book about this "President", to the point that I can't, and don't want to, change the foundation of the story. Your suggestions are quite close, in some ways, to what this President is all about. I have been told that this novel has a chance of being pretty big. Who knows. I like it, and my better half loves it.

I know nothing about horse racing I have little I could add on that
on JFK...there are so many books on it..what will be different about yours?

and on the third

interesting idea. seems to like a Mr Smith goes to Washington idea..Any ideas on what this new path will be? first thing that comes to mind for me...social media over money...going to the people and bypassing the Big Business and lobbiest...being outspent 10 to 1 in the election...but still coming out on top...Maybe some influence from the middle east overthrow of leaders like in Egypt who used it as a key way to focus. One idea that my party has often tried to overcome the 2 party system...by focusing on what we can do, the middle ground people agree on...and as we call them not the 3 G's..God Gays and Guns...

Excellent ideas on "Mr. Smith"! I like a lot of them. Some are close, and some are not. The funny thing is, the President in my novel is a moderate DEMOCRAT, and he is a cunning S.O.B.

a moderate democrat who is a cunning sob and comes to power through ingenious route reforms and saves the country.. sounds kinda like my friend adolf

you should make the book so that after he saves the country, something goes wrong and the country is plunged into a world war or some great disaster which gets progressively worse over time, and the readers of the story will only be revealed how his actions led to the disaster he committed at the end of the story, after they have already connected with his character and made an emotional connection with him... or.. maybe he becomes a dictator at the end of the story

a moderate democrat who is a cunning sob and comes to power through ingenious route reforms and saves the country.. sounds kinda like my friend adolf

you should make the book so that after he saves the country, something goes wrong and the country is plunged into a world war or some great disaster which gets progressively worse over time, and the readers of the story will only be revealed how his actions led to the disaster he committed at the end of the story, after they have already connected with his character and made an emotional connection with him... or.. maybe he becomes a dictator at the end of the story

You all have some bits and pieces of the basics of this book. I will add that the "working title" of the book is "Deception By Necessity". The research involved is a nightmare. The book will be as realistic as possible, so that requires me to learn the inner workings of government, inside and out, including the "seedy" things that go on.

I really wish I could tell you all more. Perhaps the "last best hope" for the United States is a fictional President in a novel. Sad, isn't it?

I would love to do quite a lot to help.

Are you a member of a writers guild? Are you in a critique group? Do you have a literary agent? Are you a member of an online writers forum?

What are you doing to network with other writers, publishers, or people in the field? Do you have any speaking engagements for the book you have already published?

You all have some bits and pieces of the basics of this book. I will add that the "working title" of the book is "Deception By Necessity". The research involved is a nightmare. The book will be as realistic as possible, so that requires me to learn the inner workings of government, inside and out, including the "seedy" things that go on.

I really wish I could tell you all more. Perhaps the "last best hope" for the United States is a fictional President in a novel. Sad, isn't it?

I recall it was Richard Clarkes book that said...sometimes more truth can be told with fiction. Clark being the Former chair for the counter terrorism committee in his fiction book "The Scorpion's Gate" about a coup in Saudi Arabia.

I would love to do quite a lot to help.

Are you a member of a writers guild? Are you in a critique group? Do you have a literary agent? Are you a member of an online writers forum?

What are you doing to network with other writers, publishers, or people in the field? Do you have any speaking engagements for the book you have already published?

Writers guild member. No.
Critique group. No.
Literary agent. Maybe.
Online writers forum? No.

Networking? Believe it or not, I am pretty much a loner. In my 55 years, I've learned the hard way that most people can't be trusted, so I prefer to keep this more or less a "solo" endeavor.

I stated that I was a published author. I have had some "technical" papers published during my career in the nuclear power industry, but that's it.

Dr.Who, you have my respect and I appreciate the offer of your help. I really don't know what you can do. I need to finish the book, and since I am a perfectionist, that alone is not an easy task.

I've always been a much better writer than a speaker or "socializer", and I suppose that is why I prefer the internet over "face-to-face" encounters.

The book has taken on a life of it's own. It beckons me, and it haunts me, like an incomplete "mission" that needs to be completed.

Writers guild member. No.
Critique group. No.
Literary agent. Maybe.
Online writers forum? No.

Networking? Believe it or not, I am pretty much a loner. In my 55 years, I've learned the hard way that most people can't be trusted, so I prefer to keep this more or less a "solo" endeavor.

I stated that I was a published author. I have had some "technical" papers published during my career in the nuclear power industry, but that's it.

Dr.Who, you have my respect and I appreciate the offer of your help. I really don't know what you can do. I need to finish the book, and since I am a perfectionist, that alone is not an easy task.

I've always been a much better writer than a speaker or "socializer", and I suppose that is why I prefer the internet over "face-to-face" encounters.

The book has taken on a life of it's own. It beckons me, and it haunts me, like an incomplete "mission" that needs to be completed.

Nothing wrong with working on the book your own way. When it comes time to get a publisher you and a million others will be sending inquiry letters to publishers. There the publishers' editor's assistant will put it at the bottom of a large slush pile. When he/she reads it your words will have a minute or two to convince him to pass the letter up the chain. Being published is a definite plus. As you will learn or do know the deck is stacked against you and there are barriers to entry. A few months later if the several people at that publisher like your proposala they will ask to see a sample chapter. If they like that they will contract with you and send you an advance. If not then you will get a rejection letter (often not personal) and you can start over again with a new publisher. So, back to those barriers to entry: if you have an agent he will help break down those locked doors. If you know other published writers they can send letters of recommendation to help get your foot in the door. For example, my wife is writing a book right now. She started it about 2 months ago. About a month ago she befriended a well known author in her field. About two weeks ago that author told her to write up some specific pieces and that she would send it to her publisher. Last night my wife sent it to the famous author who will be sending it to her publisher - no small feat since normally it would be the publisher's editor's assistant who would read it. We are hopeful. But all this is only possible because when that author came to speak at my wife's school it was my wife who was responsible to pick her up and drop her off at her hotel. Every little thing can make a difference.

Belonging to a guild or a critique group with a bunch of other authors or propsective authors who also would rather be alone just might make the difference. You never know when the guy next to you in your critique group will get published and then you know the guy who knows the publisher.

Nothing wrong with working on the book your own way. When it comes time to get a publisher you and a million others will be sending inquiry letters to publishers. There the publishers' editor's assistant will put it at the bottom of a large slush pile. When he/she reads it your words will have a minute or two to convince him to pass the letter up the chain. Being published is a definite plus. As you will learn or do know the deck is stacked against you and there are barriers to entry. A few months later if the several people at that publisher like your proposala they will ask to see a sample chapter. If they like that they will contract with you and send you an advance. If not then you will get a rejection letter (often not personal) and you can start over again with a new publisher. So, back to those barriers to entry: if you have an agent he will help break down those locked doors. If you know other published writers they can send letters of recommendation to help get your foot in the door. For example, my wife is writing a book right now. She started it about 2 months ago. About a month ago she befriended a well known author in her field. About two weeks ago that author told her to write up some specific pieces and that she would send it to her publisher. Last night my wife sent it to the famous author who will be sending it to her publisher - no small feat since normally it would be the publisher's editor's assistant who would read it. We are hopeful. But all this is only possible because when that author came to speak at my wife's school it was my wife who was responsible to pick her up and drop her off at her hotel. Every little thing can make a difference.

Belonging to a guild or a critique group with a bunch of other authors or propsective authors who also would rather be alone just might make the difference. You never know when the guy next to you in your critique group will get published and then you know the guy who knows the publisher.

Thanks very much for the advice, Dr.Who. I already have an "inside track" with a publisher, and this publisher is very interested. They have already reviewed an outline of the book, and have requested some actual chapters. I have a good friend who is an author of several fantasy-type books geared towards young people, and she has been of great assistance, including the opportunity to become a client of her literary agent.

Good luck to your wife. I hope her book is a best seller!

Thanks very much for the advice, Dr.Who. I already have an "inside track" with a publisher, and this publisher is very interested. They have already reviewed an outline of the book, and have requested some actual chapters. I have a good friend who is an author of several fantasy-type books geared towards young people, and she has been of great assistance, including the opportunity to become a client of her literary agent.

Good luck to your wife. I hope her book is a best seller!

Cool. that inside track will help a lot. Best wishes and let me know if there is anything I can do.

Here is a bit of a teaser: the Inauguration speech of President James Foster (D-OH):

(This is probably the shortest inauguration speech in history, but President Foster doesn't mince words, and he is a no-nonsense man).

"Today is the first day of a new partnership. It is a partnership between all of you, myself, and every member of my administration. Today, I make the promise that every legal citizen of the United States of America owns an equal share of this great country.

My share, and your shares, cannot be bought or sold or bartered or leased. Our shares are not transferable.

My share, and your shares, include the basic rights and responsibilities granted to all U.S. citizens by the United States Constitution and it’s amendments.

As I stand before you today, I will not insult your intelligence by telling you something that we all already know. Our country is in critical condition and is tethered to an unsustainable life support system.

We have all heard endless political speeches containing false promises, unattainable goals, unrealistic expectations, finger-pointing, false accusations, untruths, and self-serving political and personal agendas. Unfortunately, we will still hear these speeches from those desperate and petulent politicians who will still refuse to accept the honest reality that we all must face, and solve, together.

The United States government, and many state governments, adopted what I have referred to as the “Land of Oz“ method of governance, where the citizens are not permitted to see who or what is behind the curtain, pulling the levers and pushing the buttons. This is not the way this administration will do the business of the people, and the business for the people. From this day forward, the curtain has been ripped down, and the machinery of our government will be available for all to see.

As of this moment in our history, the days of political agendas and abuse of power are over. The days of under-the-table deals in smoke-filled rooms are over. From this moment forward, the shackles of legislative slavery are removed. High-powered lobbyists, labor union thugs, race warlords, and all other organizations and individuals who have polluted and degradated our country and our society, are now officially notified that their days of influence and extortion have expired.

Today is the first day of the post-”politics-as-usual” era. Promises will now produce results. Goals will be realistic and attainable. All Americans now have a seat at the table, and I pledge to report to you, my countrymen and partners, regularly and honestly, on our progress, our successes, and our failures.

I am not a Democrat, or a Republican, or a member of the Libertarian Party. I am an American. The time is long overdue to turn the page. It is time for every legislator, from the local city councilman to the state senator to the U.S. Congressman, to show the courage to do what is right, not for their political careers or their own egos, but for the people they represent.

We are all at a crossroads, as individuals and as a country. One road leads to business-as-usual and certain disaster. The other road leads to freedom, prosperity, accountability, responsibility, and a return to the core values and core beliefs that once made the United States Of America the beacon of hope for the rest of the world. Today begins our last, best opportunity to save our country.

Our journey together will not be easy. We will not all agree on what path to follow, But, what has made the United States Of America great has always been the willingness of the citizens to stare down adversity and difficulty and hardship throughout our history, shout out “hell no” or “hell yes“, and do what was necessary to solve our problems. Once again, we are all faced with another historical hardship, which we can, and will, stare down and solve. It is time for all of us to roll up our sleeves, and get to work.

Thank you and may God Bless each and every one of us."

Werbung:
"Today is the first day of a new partnership. It is a partnership between all of you, myself, and every member of my administration. Today, I make the promise that every legal citizen of the United States of America owns an equal share of this [] ery one of us."

Where do I vote.

Back