Three Books: Oswald,Horse Racing,Fictional President

sounds to me like any other politician...all flowery talk, no stated actions that will be taken to do anything about it...

Bush said he was going to change the tone in DC, and all other types of high and the sky crap...making big bold claims that that when you have no power to actuly do it...is par for the course...not something that makes me think...OOOO he is going to be different.

Werbung:
sounds to me like any other politician...all flowery talk, no stated actions that will be taken to do anything about it...

Bush said he was going to change the tone in DC, and all other types of high and the sky crap...making big bold claims that that when you have no power to actuly do it...is par for the course...not something that makes me think...OOOO he is going to be different.

Yeah, you're right, PFOS. It certainly sounds like a typical "political" speech, but remember the context of the speech. It is inauguration day, not a policy debate or a legislative session. The speech is just the beginning. The work starts the next day.

This speech is an extremely small slice of the "big picture". Foster wrote the entire speech himself (he believes that employing "speech writers" is disingenuous and arrogant) and he didn't use a teleprompter.

Back