Trumps first budget

So sad! In my 66 years, I have never felt hate. . .until now. I am fighting it, but I can't help to hate this son of a bitch!

I don't hate him per se, however, he is one of the most despicable human beings that has ever walked the earth.

Werbung:
So you believe it's impossible for a parochial school to teach a standard curriculum and be accredited (same thing really) ? Quite a few schools would be surprised to hear that. The best prep schools where I live among them.
If that's what I believed, that's what I would have said.

Its what you did say
That's not what I meant at all. Of course, parochial schools can teach basic curriculum.

And, real school choice, choice in which parents really get to choose which school their kids go to and schools have to compete for students would be a good thing, so long as the state accredits schools that receive public money. We don't want to be subsidizing schools that exist only to indoctrinate children to a particular religion.

That's not what I meant at all. Of course, parochial schools can teach basic curriculum.

And, real school choice, choice in which parents really get to choose which school their kids go to and schools have to compete for students would be a good thing, so long as the state accredits schools that receive public money. We don't want to be subsidizing schools that exist only to indoctrinate children to a particular religion.
I realize it's not what you meant but when you felt the need to inject personal bias, that's how it came out.
Of course you are perfectly aware that faith based schools can and do provide excellent education as they have for millenia.

I realize it's not what you meant but when you felt the need to inject personal bias, that's how it came out.
Of course you are perfectly aware that faith based schools can and do provide excellent education as they have for millenia.
Well, not for millenia, but certainly in the modern world. they can.
We just don't need to end the public school system and substitute a system of private religious schools, which is what the right wingers, or a lot of them at least, have in mind. Luckily for us, the feds don't have the power to do this anyway.

Except in sciences and personal responsibility, as they too often teach Bible stories over scientific facts, and prejudice and intolerance instead of human rights and acceptance of diversity.

Except in sciences and personal responsibility, as they too often teach Bible stories over scientific facts, and prejudice and intolerance instead of human rights and acceptance of diversity.
Exactly, which is why, if they are to receive tax money, they must be monitored and accredited.

I hope in the future, whether states, municipalities, and most importantly parents will have the freedom to determine the opportunities available to children — charter schools, school choice, home schooling, in addition to public schools or fewer choices due to further and further regulations dictated by federal bureaucrats in Washington beholden to the interests of teachers unions.

I might agree with a lot of what’s been said here, If some of you didn’t think the Federal Government knows better what should be taught to our children — does the federal government know better than you what your children should learn in school? A federally determined curriculum reaches more students if more students are forced to remain in the public schools. Progressive ideology must be taught to the next generation. We need to slow that down. A DeVos-run Department of Education will hopefully abandon central planning style Common Core curricula and return that power to the states.

Betsy DeVos has the opportunity to do so much good and bring to an end so much Education departmental overreach and abuse of power. The Democrats were desperate to prevent this from happening. It’s all about the future.

Catholic schools at least teach the same science as government schools. Any differences are left to the religion class.

For the one that thinks Trumps budget will not hurt "Meals on Wheels" you should read this:

http://resistancereport.com/class-war/trump-voter-meals-question/

One of the many cuts proposed in President Trump’s budget outline was the elimination of the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s Community Development Block Grant. That program, which has a $3 billion budget, makes local grants available for organizations like Meals on Wheels.

While Meals on Wheels gets funding from additional government sources and from private donations, the program would likely be unable to serve a large portion of the roughly 2.4 million seniors who depend on it for sustenance.

Mick Mulvaney, the director of the White House’s Office of Management and Budget, defended the cuts to Meals on Wheels in a press conference on Thursday, saying that the program had failed to show “results” and that cutting the program was the “compassionate” thing to do for U.S. taxpayers."

:confused: :rolleyes: :mad:

For the one that thinks Trumps budget will not hurt "Meals on Wheels" you should read this:

http://resistancereport.com/class-war/trump-voter-meals-question/

One of the many cuts proposed in President Trump’s budget outline was the elimination of the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s Community Development Block Grant. That program, which has a $3 billion budget, makes local grants available for organizations like Meals on Wheels.

While Meals on Wheels gets funding from additional government sources and from private donations, the program would likely be unable to serve a large portion of the roughly 2.4 million seniors who depend on it for sustenance.

Mick Mulvaney, the director of the White House’s Office of Management and Budget, defended the cuts to Meals on Wheels in a press conference on Thursday, saying that the program had failed to show “results” and that cutting the program was the “compassionate” thing to do for U.S. taxpayers."

:confused: :rolleyes: :mad:
Failed to show results? What sorts of results were they looking for?

Wouldn't the number of meals served be the results? No results would mean that they aren't serving meals.

What a crock.

Failed to show results? What sorts of results were they looking for?

Wouldn't the number of meals served be the results? No results would mean that they aren't serving meals.

What a crock.

That is the right wing way.

Werbung:
Well, not for millenia, but certainly in the modern world. they can.
We just don't need to end the public school system and substitute a system of private religious schools, which is what the right wingers, or a lot of them at least, have in mind. Luckily for us, the feds don't have the power to do this anyway.
I think it's more a case of allowing public schools that cannot compete to die on their own. There are schools in Richmond and nearby Petersburg that lost accreditation and can't seem to regain it. Perhaps if parent (s) didn't treat school as free mandatory daycare they might think about having their kids actually treat school as their job.
Lord knows no amount of money will overcome parental failings.
As I recall, religious schools were the only ones there were since not far into AD.

Last edited:
Back