US military kills civilians

I'm so sorry that I didn't check with you first, General, before posting a legitimate news story, accompanied by my opinion. I didn't expect it to be popular, casting our military in a bad light rarely is.

Others, however, managed to disagree without becoming uncivil. Apparently you have difficulty keeping your emotions in check. May I suggest, you try acting like a man as opposed to a punk.

My emotions are just fine. I'm sorry, did I offend your delicate sensibilities? If a few bad words get your little pantys up in bunches, may I suggest the childrens forum? Thats where intellectual midgets meet to discuss things in nice polite terms.

I don't have a problem with the news story. You see, Americans are a funny bunch. Until they see the horror of what our leaders cause by using our military without good reason, then it will just keep happening. If it was up to me I'd put the images of dead Iraqi children up on the TV every night showing American's what they are responsible for. But its not up to me.

Its your ignorant commentary that deserves a reality check. If its between my or my buddies life, and a car full of Iraqi's who may or may not be bad guys, you better beileve the Hajji's are getting blown up. As others have pointed out, they know exactly what they are doing. You don't tug on supermans cape, you don't spit in the wind, you don't pull the mask of the Lone Ranger and you don't try to run a US check point without expecting to get fired upon.

Werbung:
My emotions are just fine. I'm sorry, did I offend your delicate sensibilities? If a few bad words get your little pantys up in bunches, may I suggest the childrens forum? Thats where intellectual midgets meet to discuss things in nice polite terms.

I don't have a problem with the news story. You see, Americans are a funny bunch. Until they see the horror of what our leaders cause by using our military without good reason, then it will just keep happening. If it was up to me I'd put the images of dead Iraqi children up on the TV every night showing American's what they are responsible for. But its not up to me.

Its your ignorant commentary that deserves a reality check. If its between my or my buddies life, and a car full of Iraqi's who may or may not be bad guys, you better beileve the Hajji's are getting blown up. As others have pointed out, they know exactly what they are doing. You don't tug on supermans cape, you don't spit in the wind, you don't pull the mask of the Lone Ranger and you don't try to run a US check point without expecting to get fired upon.
Personally, I could care less what you call me, but I thought I'd point out something to you. You've demonstrated qualities indicative of a punk, General, plain and simple.

However, in the spirit of tolerance and forgiveness, I thought I'd give you some advice. I do think, you should give some thought to changing your screen name, as "General" is really a bit of a misnomer, don't you think? I was thinking something along the lines of 'ArmChair Punk', you have to admit it conjures up mental images that are much more in suiting with your emotional outbursts. Just a thought.

As to Iraq, callous disregard for human life is never acceptable. The American military, though I agree, on the whole, is making the best of a bad situation, has, at times, demonstrated such disregard. This is fact, to ignore it is almost as bad as using an old Jim Croce song in the context of your attempted justification.

Werbung:
As to Iraq, callous disregard for human life is never acceptable. The American military, though I agree, on the whole, is making the best of a bad situation, has, at times, demonstrated such disregard. This is fact, to ignore it is almost as bad as using an old Jim Croce song in the context of your attempted justification.

I think Popeye, that you aren't seeing the realities of war - any war. There is no such thing as a clean, sanitary war and history is full of examples - civilians get killed, raped, and abused. In modern war the distinction between friend and enemy is heavily blurred. If you get to the point of war, then it has to be an all out fight to win as quickly and completely as possible. The military have a job to do and they do it. Because of that - this war is wrong for so many reasons. It was not a war of last resort, self defense or in anyway justifiable beyond some conservative think tank's dreams of a new world order that has nothing to do with the reality on the ground and sold to the American in a sanitized Walt Disney package.

Back