Vending Machines in Schools

zerorelations

You always hear on the news how teens are getting more and more obese. Well, do you think that most of the schools really need Candy and Coke machines available to these kids? Do you think having these vending machines available is whats making these kids more obese?

Werbung:
Perhaps they did, but recently Coke and Candy vending machines have been dissappearing from campuses.
From my high school experience, '01-'05, Coke and other soda machines have been gradually replaced by items like Snapple, or other juice drinks that are hopefully healthy.
I've also noticed that the replacement machines' beverages are still attached to the parent companies such as Coke or Pepsi in their ownership.

Fattening and other various unhealthy foods are readily avaliable. Also, with video games and the internet, physical activity isn't as prominent as it used to be.

I see it as being various factors contributing to the health of today's children.

I have a solution for the obesity problem: STOP EATING!!! Even better is parents feeding their kids healthy meals from birth and not spoiling them, at least in the food department. By instilling health values into kids, parents can know their children will make healthier choices at school. Even if they don't, if the kids eat healthy at home a soda every day isn't going to hurt them.

Or better yet, Saggy, get them up at 5:30 in the morning to go for a 3-5 mile run. Worked for me.

Yeah, my dad was in the Corps...

Right you are, I wish I had the motivation and stamina to be up at 5:30 and run a few miles.
Kids these days need to be more active, that's what it basically comes down to.

Right you are, I wish I had the motivation and stamina to be up at 5:30 and run a few miles.

Yeah, you just need to get into a routine. I don't do it any more, but it did it everyday throughout my Middle and High School years.

I do most of my PTing at a more decent hour these days.

I've also noticed that the replacement machines' beverages are still attached to the parent companies such as Coke or Pepsi in their ownership.

Great point. Just look at everything Coca Cola owns (just for the letter A):
* AdeS - drinking water available in Indonesia. [1]
* Alhambra - drinking water available in the USA. [2]
* Ali [3]
* 5 & Alive - orange juice
* Ambasa - Soft drink sold in Japan and Korea. [4]
* American [5]
* Andina Calcio - Fruit juice available in Chile. [6]
* Andina Frut/Andifrut - Fruit juice available in Chile. [6]
* Andina Hi C - Fruit juice available in Chile. [6]
* Andina Nectar - Fruit juice available in Chile. [6]
* Appletiser - Sparkling apple drink
* Aquabona (previously Bonaqua) - Mineral water available in Spain.[7]
* Aquactive - Sports drink formerly sold in Spain. [8]
* Aquana - A sports drink available in Belgium, Luxembourg and Netherlands. [9]
* Aquapure [5]
* Aquarius - Sports drink
* Aqvaris [5]
* Aqua Shot - flavoured water available in New Zealand.
* Aybal-Kin [3]
Click here for the rest of the "ABC"s.

I couldn't find the same thing for Pepsi but here is something similar:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:PepsiCo_brands

Or better yet, Saggy, get them up at 5:30 in the morning to go for a 3-5 mile run. Worked for me.

Yeah, my dad was in the Corps...

lol I don't think I could do that.

MarkVI said:

I agree.

Well, that is a really good a vending machine in school. By the way kind of vending machine can be suit in school. Well, I think it can be good in some student snack vending machine.

Werbung:
You always hear on the news how teens are getting more and more obese. Well, do you think that most of the schools really need Candy and Coke machines available to these kids? Do you think having these vending machines available is whats making these kids more obese?

Inasmuch as children are entering their teen years already obese, the vending machines are not the root cause of the problem.

Back