Want to cut Fed spending? Here are the programs you have to choose from

Education isnt a good that can be purchased its something you must work at to acquire. If you are not willing to work what are educators to do? Download the information in your brain?:confused: It's like saying you want to build a fire but you arent willing to gather the lumber.

Half-assed analogy. If a kid is normal, why is the kid "unwilling to learn"? Because the teacher is boring? Incompetent? Doesn't maintain discipline? Doesn't communicate with parents?

Sorry, I don't buy the blame the victim narrative.

Werbung:
Half-assed analogy. If a kid is normal, why is the kid "unwilling to learn"? Because the teacher is boring? Incompetent? Doesn't maintain discipline? Doesn't communicate with parents?

Depends on the kid. A 1st grader has no sense that how he approaches it will determine his future where a 12th grader may. Trouble is that by that time the die is long since cast.

Its the parents that have to hold the kids to task, its the erare kid who does it on their own.

Is it? Firstly it is not the teachers job to entertain the student. Secondly if you havent seen the inside of a classroom in the last 5 years you dont know jack-sh1t and you certainly dont know enough to declare any teacher incompetent. Seriously blame the parents? Maybe you should stop making excuses for them and let them live with the consequences of their actions.

Sorry I dont buy the whole victim of society bullsh1t you're slinging. You would probably be one of those people who look at a murderer and blame the kids that picked on him when he was in primary school. The only thing they are a victim to is there own indifference and mediocre work ethic. They have all the opportunity in the world and it is on them it they dont make anything of it.

Depends on the kid. A 1st grader has no sense that how he approaches it will determine his future where a 12th grader may. Trouble is that by that time the die is long since cast.

Its the parents that have to hold the kids to task, its the erare kid who does it on their own.

What are you going to do when your child simply refuses?

Very simple. Until you begin to do your assignments to the best of your ability, no TV, no internet, no friends over, no nothing you like to do. Most kids will come around pretty quickly, as long as the parents don't give in to whining.

Dogtowner is right: Parenting is the key. Good teachers know this, and do everything that they can to communicate with parents. Good parents will respond with open communication with the teacher. Still, most experienced teachers can tell who will and who probably will not graduate from high school at a reasonable age, even as far back as second or third grade.

Very simple. Until you begin to do your assignments to the best of your ability, no TV, no internet, no friends over, no nothing you like to do. Most kids will come around pretty quickly, as long as the parents don't give in to whining.

Dogtowner is right: Parenting is the key. Good teachers know this, and do everything that they can to communicate with parents. Good parents will respond with open communication with the teacher. Still, most experienced teachers can tell who will and who probably will not graduate from high school at a reasonable age, even as far back as second or third grade.

Now what if they still refuse?

Then no TV, no internet, no friends over, no nothing they like to do until they come around. Life could be pretty boring.

You've never been a parent, have you?

But if they still refuse? If they refuse to follow the "restrictions" you lay out in order to punish them?

But if they still refuse? If they refuse to follow the "restrictions" you lay out in order to punish them?

Now, there is the crux of the matter. The parent has to be the adult in charge. All too many don't know how do do that, and their kids run wild. I've actually had parents of ten year olds tell me that they can't handle their own child! What are they going to do when the kid is 15? He'll be in jail by the time he's 18, more than likely.

The answer is that the parent has to be in charge, and has to win the little contest of wills that kids like to engage in. Simple as that. A parent must be a parent. "Because I'm the Mom (Dad) and I say so" has to be all the reason that is required to get kids to do what they have to do.

Now, there is the crux of the matter. The parent has to be the adult in charge. All too many don't know how do do that, and their kids run wild. I've actually had parents of ten year olds tell me that they can't handle their own child! What are they going to do when the kid is 15? He'll be in jail by the time he's 18, more than likely.

The answer is that the parent has to be in charge, and has to win the little contest of wills that kids like to engage in. Simple as that. A parent must be a parent. "Because I'm the Mom (Dad) and I say so" has to be all the reason that is required to get kids to do what they have to do.

When has the parent not been in charge? You act as though the child has no free will, you can't make your child do anything.

When has the parent not been in charge? You act as though the child has no free will, you can't make your child do anything.

Effective parents are in charge of their children. Sure, the child has free will. You will do what I say, or you won't be free.

Once the kids are teens, it's too late. By that time, if the parents haven't taught them how to behave, then the kid's free will is strong enough to rebel. That's why children must be taught while they are children.

You must raise the child while the child is a child. At that time, the parent's free will is a lot stronger than the kid's.

If you have done your job as a parent, that won't happen.

If you have not, teach them "would you like fries with that order ?" or how to shovel. Lets face it, not everyone will become a PhD or a CEO or whatever high paying job you can imagine. We need ditches dug too.

The parent chooses to do their job or not. When they abdicate their responsibilities the kid pays the price. Now I was the classic underachiever and my parents struggled with that but I did have to work at it regardless of whether I wanted to or not. I hated parent teacher conference days especially after standardized testing showed what I was capable of.

The parent chooses to do their job or not. When they abdicate their responsibilities the kid pays the price. Now I was the classic underachiever and my parents struggled with that but I did have to work at it regardless of whether I wanted to or not. I hated parent teacher conference days especially after standardized testing showed what I was capable of.

The only thing you have to do in this life is die.

Werbung:
If you have done your job as a parent, that won't happen.

If you have not, teach them "would you like fries with that order ?" or how to shovel. Lets face it, not everyone will become a PhD or a CEO or whatever high paying job you can imagine. We need ditches dug too.

Bulls1t yes it will...

Back