We been helping the world when disaster strikes them? Wheres the world helping us?

That is a poor argument -- but assuming anyone buys it -- that would perhaps describe the General Assembly, not the Security Council.

Why is it a poor argument? There are only 5 countries in the SC, and Russia and China vote against everything anyway. Seems lame.

Werbung:
power is not the issue really, perception is. all their whining only serves to make the US look bad when we just say no to some Security Council measure. and they have more power than you suggest, most of the actions the UN takes are not controlled by the Security Council.

Here are their powers -- as defined by the UN itself...

http://www.un.org/en/ga/about/background.shtml

What on there is it that is the big issue? And we don't really "look bad" for the most part in the UN except to those that already don't really like us much to begin with....so who cares?

What is it exactly that they did to "spurn us" that has you so upset?
Big Rob, Australia has offer help to the USA over their disasters. They have offer to send experts in disaster relief as we have have had plenty of experience with flood and fire disaster.I sure other help we come from the UN if you are not too proud to ask.

Big Rob, Australia has offer help to the USA over their disasters. They have offer to send experts in disaster relief as we have have had plenty of experience with flood and fire disaster.I sure other help we come from the UN if you are not too proud to ask.

Ugly Americans?

Thats not the issue. I dont think we should help the world well they didnt help us. If i was president id call every world leader and tell them youre being cut off food,Goods and medical until you pay back what you owe us. When you give us the money you owe from our aid and rescuing dictators from you then you can have them back. Its like this,,,When you go to the Banker ask for the loan and they give you the money for whatever you want you gotta pay back the loan. If you miss payments they get the repo men to take back your possesions

Yes, that's me!
Remedial forums--are not "my thing".

You seem to embody my main issue with the Republican Party right now. We have good ideas, sound ideas rooted in facts and based on principle -- and yet we continue to push "leaders" to the forefront in our party that are not able to articulate and defend those ideas in a logical, coherent manner -- and the only result is that it kills our brand and perpetuates the image that our party is just a bunch of people that cannot think through an idea.

I don't know in what world the following is a convincing argument:

You: The UN is worthless
Me: Why?
You: Get your head out from under a rock.

Great -- I guess I'm sold. o_O

The problem is, there are numerous credible arguments to make about why the UN should be reformed/abolished etc -- and yet when asked to justify your defendable position (that I don't agree with) -- you instead demonstrate intellectual laziness, or the inability to articulate why you believe what you believe -- in which case, you really should re-examine why you in fact believe that.

You seem to embody my main issue with the Republican Party right now. We have good ideas, sound ideas rooted in facts and based on principle -- and yet we continue to push "leaders" to the forefront in our party that are not able to articulate and defend those ideas in a logical, coherent manner -- and the only result is that it kills our brand and perpetuates the image that our party is just a bunch of people that cannot think through an idea.

I don't know in what world the following is a convincing argument:

You: The UN is worthless
Me: Why?
You: Get your head out from under a rock.

Great -- I guess I'm sold. o_O

The problem is, there are numerous credible arguments to make about why the UN should be reformed/abolished etc -- and yet when asked to justify your defendable position (that I don't agree with) -- you instead demonstrate intellectual laziness, or the inability to articulate why you believe what you believe -- in which case, you really should re-examine why you in fact believe that.

NO ONE--who has been around in the last 50 years--and paid ANY ATTENTION to the workings of the United Nations--could argue for it's continued existence. It is obsolete and wastes money and accomplishes almost nothing.

It should be replaced with an entirely new concept and way of promoting "world peace".

I have FAR TOO MUCH experience with those who mainly like to "yank your chain" to get you to respond to their endless--"what if" and "well I think that" and all manner of contrarian drivel.

What to know something--THEN ASK a question. Don't expect others to lay out lengthy apologia to make you giddy.

BTW--Mitt Romney it a competent leader

NO ONE--who has been around in the last 50 years--and paid ANY ATTENTION to the workings of the United Nations--could argue for it's continued existence. It is obsolete and wastes money and accomplishes almost nothing.

It should be replaced with an entirely new concept and way of promoting "world peace".

I have FAR TOO MUCH experience with those who mainly like to "yank your chain" to get you to respond to their endless--"what if" and "well I think that" and all manner of contrarian drivel.

What to know something--THEN ASK a question. Don't expect others to lay out lengthy apologia to make you giddy.

BTW--Mitt Romney it a competent leader

....and the question remains unanswered.

I am not asking "what if" hypothetical questions -- I am simply asking you to back up YOUR claim with something other than ANYONE WHO PAYS ATTENTION KNOWS!

Then you must stay in the grip of mystery.

Really all I am left with is yet again, you are not able to articulate a clear argument for why you hold the position that you do -- reaffirming my belief that you (and those like you) are the cancer rotting away the Republican Party.

Really all I am left with is yet again, you are not able to articulate a clear argument for why you hold the position that you do -- reaffirming my belief that you (and those like you) are the cancer rotting away the Republican Party.

Well, never been called a cancer before.
Interesting take on things.
How then, would you describe yourself?
In the form of a question.

Werbung:
Back