What if Iran was making nuclear weapons

Just to note, Iran would never use a nuke on Jerusalem. That's the holy land of the 3 major religions in the world. That just would not make sense.

Werbung:
While Im not going to mix words about what the Iranian president said or didnt say, I will point out that the fear from Iran developing nuclear weapons is further proliferation. While I am sure there have been backdoor warnings to both Iran and N. Korea basically saying if you fire a nuclear tipped weapon in anger, we will turn your country to a glass parking lot.
The nuclear fraternity is a rather small one, and it is better if kept that way. If it were up to me, they would be eliminated entirely. But that pandoras box is already opened and there is no shutting it.
The notion that Islamic terrorists wouldnt if given the opportunity destroy Jerusalem because it is also the home to the three major religions is a bit short sighted in my book. Now Mecca, I can handle that. But the fact that they are willing to blow up the Mosque in Samarra tells me there seems to be little regard for that in practice.
Again, this is about proliferation. If Iran builds nuclear weapons, they give it to organization Z, and that device is moved to any internation local and set off will be a horrible day in the history of mankind.

While Im not going to mix words about what the Iranian president said or didnt say, I will point out that the fear from Iran developing nuclear weapons is further proliferation. While I am sure there have been backdoor warnings to both Iran and N. Korea basically saying if you fire a nuclear tipped weapon in anger, we will turn your country to a glass parking lot.
The nuclear fraternity is a rather small one, and it is better if kept that way. If it were up to me, they would be eliminated entirely. But that pandoras box is already opened and there is no shutting it.
The notion that Islamic terrorists wouldnt if given the opportunity destroy Jerusalem because it is also the home to the three major religions is a bit short sighted in my book. Now Mecca, I can handle that. But the fact that they are willing to blow up the Mosque in Samarra tells me there seems to be little regard for that in practice.
Again, this is about proliferation. If Iran builds nuclear weapons, they give it to organization Z, and that device is moved to any internation local and set off will be a horrible day in the history of mankind.

First off, Iran has said they are building nuclear power generation capability. Secondly, if I had the threat of war from the most powerful military and prime violator of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT), I would want a deterent. Couple that with a couple of other aggressive or unstable regimes in the vacinity (one adjacent to it).

Add to that it is known that Saudi Arabia and the rest of the Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf (Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Oman and the United Arab Emirates) are considering making them and it would be no wonder that the sole Persian nation could be worried. For the record, over the past hundred years Iran has never acted aggressively towards or sought territorial expansion. This is something that all the surrounding nuclear powers cannot say.

Like I said earlier, we have the opportunity to become a friend. Their nation has sought a respectful relationship with us and their nation consisting of mostly young people would more than welcome us. But not if we are threatening them. Why does the United States government always waste such opportunites?

First off, Iran has said they are building nuclear power generation capability. Secondly, if I had the threat of war from the most powerful military and prime violator of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT), I would want a deterent. Couple that with a couple of other aggressive or unstable regimes in the vacinity (one adjacent to it).

Add to that it is known that Saudi Arabia and the rest of the Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf (Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Oman and the United Arab Emirates) are considering making them and it would be no wonder that the sole Persian nation could be worried. For the record, over the past hundred years Iran has never acted aggressively towards or sought territorial expansion. This is something that all the surrounding nuclear powers cannot say.

Like I said earlier, we have the opportunity to become a friend. Their nation has sought a respectful relationship with us and their nation consisting of mostly young people would more than welcome us. But not if we are threatening them. Why does the United States government always waste such opportunites?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/06/17/AR2006061700727.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6274147.stm

This has nothing to do with Iran building nuclear weapons, and everything to do with the complete re-shaping of the middle east.

Just like the Iraqi WMD's, wether Iran is building them or not doesn't matter to the white house.

OH and CNN does not favor Palestine. And the BBC, just gives equal time to both sides of the story. Thats what they are supposed to do. Do you think that the life of an Israeli Civilian is worth more than a Palestinian Civilian?

The Pals death rate is about ten times higher than the Israeli.

And that's a shame, but it's primarily the fault of their leadership, or lack thereof, that so many Palestinians have been killed.

Werbung:
And that's a shame, but it's primarily the fault of their leadership, or lack thereof, that so many Palestinians have been killed.

How can they have a leader in a territory where a large portion of people have been displaced, refused reentry, sniped at, homes and livelihood bulldozed, bankrupted, resources like potable water withheld, property stolen, intimidated, dehumanized, isolated, fragmented and treated like dirt? And how in the hell can we ally, support financially and militarily monster like what would do what I just cited to other humans?

Back