What if the Libya war happened in the US?

Well, you should be aware that Constitution does not define the meaning of any words. Interstate commerce is another broad term that causes constant confusion.

However, whenever a country shoots over 100 tomahawk missiles into a another country, violates the airspace of a country (dropping bombs in the process), and shoots down that country's airplanes, I find it unbelievable that anyone would not classify that as war.

Nobody doubts this is a war - the issue (at this point in the thread) appears to be its constitutionality. My main point in that regard is that wars should be once again declared by congress.

Werbung:
Nobody doubts this is a war - the issue (at this point in the thread) appears to be its constitutionality. My main point in that regard is that wars should be once again declared by congress.

I totally agree. Congress should agree or deny a President's request to use significant military force against any country. If all Presidents were allowed to freely use military force without Congressional approval (as Obama is doing now) he would have the powers of a dictator or a king.

Not at all what the Founding Fathers intended, and the USSC should make that clear.

Back