What is a liberal?

Singing Cumbaya is a great idea but didn't work.

I don't see what gives you that impression. What I'm simply saying is that the people don't need to put their selves into this class system, all we need to do is vote for whom we feel electable.

Sharing a coke with the world didn't work either.I'm not following your logic behind singing 'Cumbaya' and sharing a coke with the world.

It's not so easy. Free thinking and belief in your own value system can differ greatly depending on demographics as well as religion, culture, etc.

There is nothing wrong with diversity is there? I still don't see your point.
What will you do when a group decides that their way of free thinking is better than yours? Appease their rights to free thought?

What I would do is listen to what they have to say and that will help me better understand what I stand for. The more diversity the better and it gives you different perspectives to look at and not your innately biased own. Let us understand each other better while being civil. Let yourself be wrong because no one is infallible. If someone else is more logical and makes sense than its ok to adapt or partially adapt their opinion on the subject.

Also, what are you going to do with those who are a lot older than you are, who grew up and lived a great deal of their lives in a much different society than exists today (at least in America, since that's all I know about in practice), whose idea of free thinking doesn't jive with your definition? Who gets to define free thinking?

Same as above. Let us evolve each other towards truth and not classify ourselves and put up walls between us. Why do we have to vote democrat or republican? Why can't these people have their own ideas and just listen to them and base our opinions by that.

No one gets to define free thinking, it depends on the viewer to come up with his own definition of the word. But it would be something like "the ability to listen to others and take heed where you deem important. The use of YOUR mind to draw your own conclusions. Being a leader not a follower."

Don't get me wrong, your idea is right both morally and politically,and I applaud you for even caring, however, what you are advocating is akin to anarchy in reality. How do you correlate that to anarchy? Do you deem anarchy as "your idea is right both morally and politically,and I applaud you for even caring." I don't see how you can applaud something that you believe is related to anarchy. This is not anarchy, its being a leader and following your OWN path to truth.

If a definition of global free thinking ever comes to be, then all has been lost to coerced conformity, which defeats the purpose.

What is the purpose? Who's purpose are you referring to? I do not know any ultimate goal of civilization as a whole. What makes you so hubris to say that 'free thinking' defeats the "purpose". Why should we have 'coerced conformity' ? I say F*ck conformity, I thought everyone was an individual.

Why do we have to conform? You are your own person, you are beautiful, you are an individual, so cherish it. Cherish yourself and your right to have your own mind-'free think'. Embrace yourself and look for truth. Learn your rights before they are taken away because of your ignorance. The truth will set you free.

RON PAUL REVOLUTION

~PEACE~

Werbung:
Forget the song and coke. You had to be there. LOL. As for anarchy, I said that your IDEA was right, but to enforce it, and it would have to be enforced, would be anarchy in reality, (application). Go ahead and be your own person. But to believe that it will ever be a quality that the entire human race gets along is folly. As for rights, I am the one who has been fighting for your rights long before you could vote, so don't tell me about rights, and my knowledge of this countries history or government, because you have only read books, where I have lived it, for a lot longer than it took to educate me, and I am that.

I thought everyone was an individual
. Sure, in God's eyes, but not any government's eyes. You are an individual as long as you don't cause waves, but if your individuality interferes with a government plan, then you lose, even here in the good ol' land of the free.

The truth will set you free? Nah, it just means your're watching the X-files, doll. Living your values and not trying to change the world will set you free. Trying to change human nature will make you nuts.

Same as above. Let us evolve each other towards truth and not classify ourselves and put up walls between us. Why do we have to vote democrat or republican? Why can't these people have their own ideas and just listen to them and base our opinions by that.

Great way to act at a party. Not going to work politically.

I'm new to the political 'scene' but I feel like there is unneeded controversy between the people that classify their selves into a party. I don't believe that anyone can have the same exact opinions on every political subject. Why should you have to conform to being anything except yourself. Why does there have to be dems and repubs, rights and lefts, liberals and conservatives, etc etc. Why can't the people vote on things and not their representatives? Why can't there be peoples voting for everything and anything important, like war, instead of some rich pompous pricks with their own private agendas.

I guess I'm stepping outside the box and asking questions about the box itself, if you catch my drift. There have been many people talking about a revolution because the current system is corrupt. People can't afford to pay an arm and leg for everything. People are starting to question the system because its obviously not working "for the greater good", that is all I'm saying.

RON PAUL REVOLUTION

~PEACE~

I don't see how you can applaud something that you believe is related to anarchy.

You know what begets anarchy? Could it be non-conformity?. What are you going to do when you have a family and mouths to feed and house payments to make? Not conform to the rules of society and business that allow you to achieve these things? Everyone in the world wants what you want. Mankind always has. Why hasn't it happened in 3000 years?

You know what happened to a whole bunch of free thinkers from your folk's (my)generation? They're the lawyers and politicians who are making policies that you disagree with. All I am saying is look beyond your "truth will set you free" and see reality. Truth is great, self awareness is what life is all about. It doesn't feed you.

You are questioning the very basis of our political system. Yes the two major parties are corrupt. It's not new. Do you think that popular vote is the way to go? Are you willing to put your life in the hands of any particular special interest, or ethnic group that outnumbers you?

I would love to see a revolution of some kind against the path that this government is taking. The Declaration states that "That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government ". Do you think that a revolution such as the one for independence from England would stand a chance in this country today? Do you think the government is going to let that happen?

For the record- I'm only advocating a truth revolution and not a violent uprising to overthrow the gov't. I do not believe our system bad, just compromised by corruption. I believe education is the key to getting a conscious population where we demand change.

We shouldn't be paying 1/3 of our paychecks to the IRS- its unconstitutional. We should be printing our own money, and tell the 'Federal' reserve to blow their selves. We should be ridding gasoline and switch to hydrogen power.

We could save SOOOOO much money if we used hydrogen power instead of the 4 dollars for gas. If we were using hydrogen technology we would be getting at least 15 times more miles per dollar. We could be producing hydrogen fuel from our own houses. Producing hydrogen is very lucid and only takes a hydrogen generator which is only metal plates that are separated by water, than pass some current through it and your producing hydrogen.

Gasoline is an obsolete fuel, but they are capitalizing off of it as much as they can before the alternative fuels come mainstream. I'm sure you know that big money companies have compromised our current politicians for the most part(not RON PAUL though).

RON PAUL REVOLUTION!!!

~PEACE~

Classifications are useful - in the case of liberals, they identify a particular group and it's destructive policies.

That is why you and I support Ron Paul, and why the media (controlled by that thar big business) blackballed him. Everything you said is true, and common knowledge. There's still, after thousands of years the same two things stopping positive change for the general populus: :power and money. Again, it call comes down to changing human nature. Look outside the box that is American politics. These issues are global, and are dictated globally. Those who consider the influence of the Bilderbergers and the Tri-Lateral as merely conspiracy theories are apparently not paying what you and I are paying at the gas pump.

That is why you and I support Ron Paul, and why the media (controlled by that thar big business) blackballed him. Everything you said is true, and common knowledge. There's still, after thousands of years the same two things stopping positive change for the general populus: :power and money. Again, it call comes down to changing human nature. Look outside the box that is American politics. These issues are global, and are dictated globally. Those who consider the influence of the Bilderbergers and the Tri-Lateral as merely conspiracy theories are apparently not paying what you and I are paying at the gas pump.

Thank you... I thought you were one of "them"........... You know...... The sheeple people... :D Haha.

All I'm doing is my part. I feel obligated to tell people what truth is. I feel obligated to tell people about RON PAUL because he is the best candidate for POTUS. I feel obligated because I know whats right, and I know one person can make a difference. I know I'm doing my part, are you?

RON PAUL REVOLUTION

~PEACE~

I know I'm doing my part, are you?
For a lot longer than you dear. Maybe I'm the reason you still have any rights....

Also, for someone who doesn't want to label anyone, you swing the sheeple well.
In case you didn't know, Ron Paul ran for President about 20 years ago too. I supported him then. Were you wearing pampers or huggies? LOL

But hey, thanks for the vindication!

Alright, cool man! Thanks

"For a lot longer than you dear."

^^^Thanks for being a true patriot. Keep up the god work!.......... Umm, you called me dear like I'm a girl or something...

Your pretty right about my age, I would have been wearing diapers 20 years ago... Haha, I'm 21.:D

RON PAUL REVOLUTION

~PEACE~

Their compassion is compassion with other people's money. Their compassion often hurts the people they are supposed to help.

- Their minimum wage is supposed to be compassion, but it puts the most vulnerable out of work.

- Before the welfare reform of the republican congress during Bubba Clinton's administration, their compassionate welfare caused multiple generations of families to think that what life was was nothing more than getting your government welfare check every month.

- Their socialized medicine would wreck it for everyone.

"We just can't trust the American people to make those types of choices…. Government has to make those choices for people" (1993) Hillary Clinton

Because the 'conservative' principles of running the economy and healthcare have been doing such a great job over the past eight years...

Liberals believe in Fair trade, not free trade
Liberals believe that every child has the right to go to university or college without the threat of not being able to pay for it
Liberals believe that everyone should be able to go see a doctor when they need to see a doctor, and if they can't pay for treatment, that the government should pick up the tab.
Liberals believe that fighting with words is much better than fighting with guns
Liberals believe in cooperation and diplomacy, not threats and ultimatums
Liberals believe in following the constitution and protecting civil rights and human rights, not changing what our forefathers wrote to suit our needs
Liberals believe in equality for ALL, not the select few.

That's my definition of a liberal. I really don't care what anyone elses definition is.

Because the 'conservative' principles of running the economy and healthcare have been doing such a great job over the past eight years...

Pres. Bush is not a conservative so how do you know how well conservative principles have been working over the last 8 yrs?
Liberals believe in Fair trade, not free trade

The only kind of trade that would be fair is one in which everyone gets to trade with everyone. As soon as there are restrictions on who can trade with whom there will be inserted onto the playing field political unfairness.
Liberals believe that every child has the right to go to university or college without the threat of not being able to pay for it

"Threat"? do you also suffer the threat of not being able to buy a big screen TV? How about people just work hard and they can afford what they can afford and they cannot afford what they cannot afford. If someone wants to offer scholarships or whatever that is great. But forcing the entire populace to pay for the desires of a minority is not fair.
Liberals believe that everyone should be able to go see a doctor when they need to see a doctor, and if they can't pay for treatment, that the government should pick up the tab.

Wrong as it may be this is already reality. Anyone can go into any emergency room in the country and get treatment absolutely free if they can't afford it. It is not the place of government to dole out charity - there is no support for this in the constitution. What we have here is an example of the gov acting in ways that they should not. They should go get an amendment if they want to continue giving charity.

Liberals believe that fighting with words is much better than fighting with guns

Civil War - Democrat
WW I - Democrat
WW II - Democrat
Korea - Democrat
Vietnam - Democrat
Grenada - Republican (not a war but a minor military action)
Balkans - Democrat
Afghanistan - Democrat
Gulf War I - Republican
Gulf War II - Republican

Democrats: 7
Republicans: 3

(Note to everyone saying the Republicans started the Civil War, the Confederate Army declared war by trying to take Fort Sumter. Jefferson Davis was a southern Democrat prior to the Articles of the Confederation).

Liberals believe in cooperation and diplomacy, not threats and ultimatums

Conservatives believe in cooperation and diplomacy too. But they realize that tyrants are more likely to listen when you have a big stick.

Liberals believe in following the constitution and protecting civil rights and human rights, not changing what our forefathers wrote to suit our needs
Liberals believe in equality for ALL, not the select few.

This is just not accurate.

And the constitution does not say that everyone gets to be the same as everyone else and that that is equality. It says that everyone has an equal right to pursue happiness. How it turns out is up to the individual.

Werbung:
Civil War - Democrat
WW I - Democrat
WW II - Democrat
Korea - Democrat
Vietnam - Democrat
Grenada - Republican (not a war but a minor military action)
Balkans - Democrat
Afghanistan - Democrat
Gulf War I - Republican
Gulf War II - Republican

Democrats: 7
Republicans: 3

I dont even know how to start saying how dumb this is....
WWI, Germany is Pushing to get Mexico to Join them and fight us, US ships sunk By German Uboats ( Justly as they carried arms, even though listed as a passanger ship.) It was going to happen most likey no matter what party ..

WWII...that whole pearl harbor thing....I am sure Republcans would have just done nothing right?

Korea...Sorry , the North should have waited for a Republican to be i charge before it Invaded ( Sorry Police Action)

Nam....how do you base this was the Dems? US involvment streatched far back and simpley grew and grew over time, but there was hardly a Date to say the war started. ( sorry Police action)

Granada...aka Reagan shows he has balls and takes out worthless nation that is no threat to us, and has not attacked any ally or made threat to do so. Shows he has large penis to make Republicans happy.

Balkins, I belive it was like what two US troops killed, and goals where meet? Genocide stoped....not a bad days work.

Afganistan....what US funding of fight against the USSR in the late 70s started by Carter ( yes Jimmy Carter started the funding that finnaly killed the USSR while Reagon took all Credit) or the More Current one....Under the Republicans not Dems?

Gulf War I....Bush One wasts the Iraqi army, kicks Saddam out of US ally Kuwait with large backing from the world. Stops at border knowing it to screwed up to try to go into Iraq, also knowing UN mandate did not call for Removal of Saddam, thus to act would tear at the coalition who would be divided to go on. Should have supported the Shia more, but was scared of they where backed by Iran....bad call. Sanctions Failed after.....not bad, but could have done better.

Gulf War II, republicans...NO WMD< Lied to to make us belive there was, poorl planed, and no end in sight, and 4,000 dead as we stand in the middle shot at buy Shia Malitia, Sunni insurgents, Al Quida terrorist, and Iran sits back gains power and we can't do anything...

Back