What Minorities Should Remember About Slavery

Sihouette

We've all heard of black on black violence, but what always seems to get swept under the rug is the truth of where slavery originated. It is the quintessence of black on black violence...

The original torturous concentration camps for would-be black american slaves were in Africa. Rich black power-mongers and chieftans would subjegate sometimes entire villages of fellow blacks they would sack and sell them to the highest European bidders for serious gold.

When we hear this in our history classes we shudder and want to dismiss it. Selling out one's own ethnic identity is as abhorrant as selling out another..but there is something even more unsavory about it. It reflects a certain level of souless ruthlessness that makes us want to forget we ever heard about it. But we shouldn't..

And we always hear about how whites (euro-americans) were so abusive to blacks. We never hear about how many whites were brought into this country as slaves as well as asians and the remnants of the smallpox-surviving native americans too who lived here but were subjegated. Their stories always take a back seat to black slavery accounts. I don't know why, perhaps it has to do with the numbers. Although very large numbers of native americans were not only enslaved, but also wholesale slaughtered; and asian americans died by the thousands (millions?) in slavery working on railroads..

and so on.

And here's another monkey-wrench for your smooth-running wheel of what consitutes integral qualities of race: thousands upon thousands of caucasian americans fell down and died in the Civil War in efforts to free black slaves in the South. White President Lincoln was assasinated by a white bigot retaliating for Lincoln's success at freeing slaves.

More caucasians still risked life and limb and being jailed to operate the Underground Railroad to whisk southern blacks to freedom. Think about it for a minute. Would you risk your three-bedroom 1 &1/2 bath home, your SUV, custody of your children and prison time or even being hung by your neck until you were dead in order to whisk people you didn't even know to ease oppression from where they came from?

Those people had brass ho-hos.

You see, it's not about skin color, it's about human kindness vs human meanness. It's about greed. "Racism" should properly be called "using someone's skin color to justify doing something I know I shouldn't be doing by all rights." And that includes a lot of things.

Now, one thing to remember is how this all ties into what is going on in politics today and why I keep harping about how AWFUL Barack Obama is. He has stolen the persona of a true american hero: Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. He meanwhile has participated in the subjegation the very people King Jr. sought to liberate: "fellow" minorities. And he did exterminate their hopes and dreams in his eventually unopposed run for Senate in Chicago.

Obama is 1/2 caucasian-american and 1/2 Kenyan by racial ancestory. But in reality, essentially, in his most important part: his soul, he was estranged from his Kenyan finance-minister father and was raised entirely within a caucasian-american household, mainly in Hawaii. He went on to Ivy league schools and has lived a posh life ever since. Yet he is using the real struggles of some people who happened to have dark skin, like one of his DNA contributors, in order to wield power at all costs and get ahead.

Will he "represent" when he gets into office? I don't know. Why don't you read up on what he did to "fellow" minorities in Chicago and tell me how you think he'll "represent" when he's got the reins finally in his smooth palms. http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-070403obama-ballot,0,1843097.story

Remember to focus on the person and not the color of their skin.

Werbung:
We've all heard of black on black violence, but what always seems to get swept under the rug is the truth of where slavery originated. It is the quintessence of black on black violence...

The original torturous concentration camps for would-be black american slaves were in Africa. Rich black power-mongers and chieftans would subjegate sometimes entire villages of fellow blacks they would sack and sell them to the highest European bidders for serious gold.

When we hear this in our history classes we shudder and want to dismiss it. Selling out one's own ethnic identity is as abhorrant as selling out another..but there is something even more unsavory about it. It reflects a certain level of souless ruthlessness that makes us want to forget we ever heard about it. But we shouldn't..

And we always hear about how whites (euro-americans) were so abusive to blacks. We never hear about how many whites were brought into this country as slaves as well as asians and the remnants of the smallpox-surviving native americans too who lived here but were subjegated. Their stories always take a back seat to black slavery accounts. I don't know why, perhaps it has to do with the numbers. Although very large numbers of native americans were not only enslaved, but also wholesale slaughtered; and asian americans died by the thousands (millions?) in slavery working on railroads..

and so on.

And here's another monkey-wrench for your smooth-running wheel of what consitutes integral qualities of race: thousands upon thousands of caucasian americans fell down and died in the Civil War in efforts to free black slaves in the South. White President Lincoln was assasinated by a white bigot retaliating for Lincoln's success at freeing slaves.

More caucasians still risked life and limb and being jailed to operate the Underground Railroad to whisk southern blacks to freedom. Think about it for a minute. Would you risk your three-bedroom 1 &1/2 bath home, your SUV, custody of your children and prison time or even being hung by your neck until you were dead in order to whisk people you didn't even know to ease oppression from where they came from?

Those people had brass ho-hos.

You see, it's not about skin color, it's about human kindness vs human meanness. It's about greed. "Racism" should properly be called "using someone's skin color to justify doing something I know I shouldn't be doing by all rights." And that includes a lot of things.

Now, one thing to remember is how this all ties into what is going on in politics today and why I keep harping about how AWFUL Barack Obama is. He has stolen the persona of a true american hero: Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. He meanwhile has participated in the subjegation the very people King Jr. sought to liberate: "fellow" minorities. And he did exterminate their hopes and dreams in his eventually unopposed run for Senate in Chicago.

Obama is 1/2 caucasian-american and 1/2 Kenyan by racial ancestory. But in reality, essentially, in his most important part: his soul, he was estranged from his Kenyan finance-minister father and was raised entirely within a caucasian-american household, mainly in Hawaii. He went on to Ivy league schools and has lived a posh life ever since. Yet he is using the real struggles of some people who happened to have dark skin, like one of his DNA contributors, in order to wield power at all costs and get ahead.

Will he "represent" when he gets into office? I don't know. Why don't you read up on what he did to "fellow" minorities in Chicago and tell me how you think he'll "represent" when he's got the reins finally in his smooth palms. http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-070403obama-ballot,0,1843097.story

Remember to focus on the person and not the color of their skin.

Here's a BIGGER point - the people who were involved in slavery and the slaves themselves are long gone. This historical era has nothing to do with the present time.

Yes it does.

Because the history of racism traces it to its roots. You ever weed dandelions by pulling off just their tops?

Yes it does.

Because the history of racism traces it to its roots. You ever weed dandelions by pulling off just their tops?

Yeah, were still seeing echoes of the whisky rebellion. :D

Slavery ended 143 years ago. How long must this crap be carried on - a thousand years??? The political manipulation and race hustling from this long gone era is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy past the time when it should be put aside.

I think that was my original point. Go back and read again and see if you don't agree...:)

..At the time, though, Obama seemed less at ease with the decision, according to aides. They said the first-time candidate initially expressed reservations about using challenges to eliminate all his fellow Democrats.

"He wondered if we should knock everybody off the ballot. How would that look?" said Ronald Davis, the paid Obama campaign consultant whom Obama referred to as his "guru of petitions."

In the end, Davis filed objections to all four of Obama's Democratic rivals at the candidate's behest.

While Obama didn't attend the hearings, "he wanted us to call him every night and let him know what we were doing," Davis said, noting that Palmer and the others seemed unprepared for the challenges.

But Obama didn't gloat over the victories. "I don't think he thought it was, you know, sporting," said Will Burns, a 1996 Obama campaign volunteer who assisted with the petition challenges. "He wasn't very proud of it."..

..Davis and Dobry marshaled volunteers and began poring through the nominating petitions of Palmer and the three lesser-known Democrats, according to interviews.

"We looked at those petitions and found that none of them met the requirements of the law," Dobry said. "Alice's people, they'd done it in a great hurry. Almost all her petitions were signed a day or so before the deadline."

According to Davis, Palmer "had kids gathering the names. I remember two of her circulators, Pookie and Squirt."

Davis and others urged Obama to file legal challenges.

Such tactics are legal and frequently used in Chicago. Ballot challenges eliminated 67 of the 245 declared aldermanic candidates in Chicago before this past February's elections, an election board spokesman said.

Davis recalled telling Obama: "If you can get 'em, get 'em. Why give 'em a break?

"I said, 'Barack, I'm going to knock them all off.'

"He said, 'What do you need?'

"I said, 'I need an attorney.'

"He said, 'Who is the best?'..

..Askia [the progressive minority least posing a threat to Obama] filed 1,899 signatures, but the Obama team sustained objections to 1,211, leaving him 69 short, records show.

Leafing through scrapbooks in his South Shore apartment, Askia, a perennially unsuccessful candidate, acknowledges that he paid Democratic Party precinct workers $5 a sheet for some of the petitions, and now suspects they used a classic Chicago ruse of passing the papers among themselves to forge the signatures. "They round-tabled me," Askia said.

Palmer [minority incumbant who once helped Obama politically] to this day does not concede the flaws that Obama's team found in her signatures. She maintains that she could have overcome the Obama team's objections and stayed on the ballot if she had more time and resources.

It was wrenching to withdraw, she said. "But sit for a moment, catch your breath, get up and keep going. I'm a very practical person. Politics is not the only vehicle for accomplishing things." She became a special assistant to the president of the University of Illinois and is now retired.

Obama said he has not been in touch with Palmer since 1996. "No, not really, no," he said. Source: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-070403obama-ballot,0,1843097.story?page=3

My hero! He's all about HOPE and CHANGE. He's soooooo dreeeeeamy.

"He wasn't very proud of it."

[But he went ahead and did it anyway]

Be prepared for more of that in the future.

Werbung:
From the desk of Senator Hillary Clinton, 2003:

In deciding on the Michigan affirmative actions cases, the Court also made clear that as a country we need to work toward a racially neutral admissions policy in the next twenty-five years. In order to reach this goal, it is imperative that we do more to focus on closing the achievement gap between minority and non-minority students in our country so that all students have the opportunity to learn to their highest potential and have equal access to higher education...

.. For millions of Americans, affirmative action has knocked down the barriers of the past that prevented them from attending college, law school, serving in the military, or working in our country's leading companies and the small businesses in our hometowns and neighborhoods. When our public places are as diverse as our great nation, then our country grows stronger and we move closer to the America we dream about.

On Thursday, I look forward to discussing this topic further at the joint Senate Democratic-CBC African American Leadership Summit and listening to what activists and leaders have to say about the Court's important decision. Source: http://clinton.senate.gov/~clinton/news/2003/2003623932.html

And about Bill Clinton

Throughout most of his presidency, Clinton maintained a strong core of support from those who had elected him, principally African Americans, women, and blue-collar workers in the Northeast and Midwest. Among all American presidents, he was one of the most forceful champions of civil rights for minorities and equality for women. He appointed record numbers of minorities and women as federal court judges, Cabinet members, and other government officials. Source: http://encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_761564341_3/bill_clinton.html

Nevertheless, Obama insinuated Clinton is a racist. Why? Because it helped Obama gain in the primaries. Period.

Now, look at what Obama did for minorities in his Chicago bid for Senate seat:

Source: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-070403obama-ballot,0,1843097.story

A close examination of Obama's first campaign clouds the image he has cultivated throughout his political career: The man now running for president on a message of giving a voice to the voiceless first entered public office not by leveling the playing field, but by clearing it.

One of the candidates he eliminated, long-shot contender Gha-is Askia, now says that Obama's petition challenges belied his image as a champion of the little guy and crusader for voter rights.

"Why say you're for a new tomorrow, then do old-style Chicago politics to remove legitimate candidates?" Askia said. "He talks about honor and democracy, but what honor is there in getting rid of every other candidate so you can run scot-free? Why not let the people decide?"..

.."We actually ran a terrific campaign up until the point we knew that we weren't going to have to appear on the ballot with anybody," Obama said. "I mean, we had prepared for it. We had raised money. We had tons of volunteers. There was enormous enthusiasm."..

.."He wondered if we should knock everybody off the ballot. How would that look?" said Ronald Davis, the paid Obama campaign consultant whom Obama referred to as his "guru of petitions."

In the end, Davis filed objections to all four of Obama's Democratic rivals at the candidate's behest.

While Obama didn't attend the hearings, "he wanted us to call him every night and let him know what we were doing," Davis said, noting that Palmer and the others seemed unprepared for the challenges.

But Obama didn't gloat over the victories. "I don't think he thought it was, you know, sporting," said Will Burns, a 1996 Obama campaign volunteer who assisted with the petition challenges. "He wasn't very proud of it."

Obama wasn't proud of his own petty, underhanded extermination of the hopes and dreams of "fellow" minority hopefuls, but he went ahead and did it anyway..

Now what other historical figure turned his head away from his own mistreatment of fellow human beings but continued to order their demise anyway? Get out your history books kids..

And in non-racial matters...

During his first year in office, Clinton quickly focused on improving the economy. He believed that the key was reducing government spending and the huge deficits that occurred in the federal budget each year because government spending exceeded its revenues. Because the government borrowed money to offset its deficit spending, it reduced the amount of money available for private investment. Therefore businesses could obtain capital only at high rates of interest, which discouraged investment and expansion. Source: http://encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_761564341_3/bill_clinton.html

Yeah, screw those Clintons and their actual put-their-money-where-their-mouths-are support of minorities, their strong economic policies and their proven leadership.

Give me Barack Obama for CHANGE!

Back