What Was That About Something New?

Old_Trapper70

Recently we were told Trump is going to appoint qualified people to his cabinet, and other offices. This is, of course, another delusion accepted by the right wing Trump supporters who have not shown much in the way of common sense in the past:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/02/opinion/seduced-and-betrayed-by-donald-trump.html?_r=0

"Donald Trump won the Electoral College (though not the popular vote) on the strength of overwhelming support from working-class whites, who feel left behind by a changing economy and society. And they’re about to get their reward — the same reward that, throughout Mr. Trump’s career, has come to everyone who trusted his good intentions. Think Trump University.

Yes, the white working class is about to be betrayed.

The evidence of that coming betrayal is obvious in the choice of an array of pro-corporate, anti-labor figures for key positions. In particular, the most important story of the week — seriously, people, stop focusing on Trump Twitter — was the selection of Tom Price, an ardent opponent of Obamacare and advocate of Medicare privatization, as secretary of health and human services. This choice probably means that the Affordable Care Act is doomed — and Mr. Trump’s most enthusiastic supporters will be among the biggest losers.

The first thing you need to understand here is that Republican talk of “repeal and replace” has always been a fraud. The G.O.P. has spent six years claiming that it will come up with a replacement for Obamacare any day now; the reason it hasn’t delivered is that it can’t."

Werbung:
Trump doesn't play footsie with his minions. Many opposers of Trump have become frightened obsequious yes-men. My guess is that he will easily override them with his bluster if he disagrees with them. So, despite his cabinets opinions, he will still call the shots. That leaves us with an unknown administration since Trump changes his mind almost daily. I think his influence will be tempered by the inertia of getting any radical changes moving.

Another opinion I heard is that Trump will become bored of being president and turn government administration over to his minions. Trump told Ginrich, “This is really a bigger job than I thought.”

Last edited:
Trump doesn't play footsie with his minions. Many opposers of Trump have become frightened obsequious yes-men. My guess is that he will easily override them with his bluster if he disagrees with them. So, despite his cabinets opinions, he will still call the shots. That leaves us with an unknown administration since Trump changes his mind almost daily. I think his influence will be tempered by the inertia of getting any radical changes moving.

Another opinion I heard is that Trump will become bored of being president and turn government administration over to his minions. Trump told Ginrich, “This is really a bigger job than I thought.”

Trump is in way over his head.. If he doesn't resign he will more then likely be impeached especially if he keeps his word, and orders the military to violate American law as he said he would. Republicans are already looking for a way to get rid of him. They tried before the election, and he arrogantly refused to quit. Now we have this"

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/11...-signaling-intention-violate-oath-office.html

Setting aside the reality that Trumps owes a bunch of money to the Bank of China/Goldman Sachs (the same ones he railed against in the campaign):

http://www.allgov.com/news/controve...ebt-to-china-goldman-sachs-160822?news=859357

Trump now wants to appoint these same cronies of his to cabinet positions including Sec't. Of Treasury:

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...d-to-recommend-mnuchin-for-treasury-secretary

To add to that disgraceful backpedaling, the son of his choice for National Security Advisor has been caught spreading false rumors about Clinton, and a pizza shop:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/...-spreads-fake-news-about-dc-pizza-shop-232181

Which led to this attack on the pizza parlor (want to bet nothing happens to the punk for spreading his rumors)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...illary-Clinton-used-abuse-children-there.html

And as if that was not enough, we now find out that Trumps choice for Sec't of Defense let soldiers die while in battle by refusing to send aid (shades of Hillary)

http://www.stripes.com/news/retired...is-left-my-men-to-die-in-afghanistan-1.442367

What will come out next is anyone's guess, but hey, give the guy a chance. He might do something right in the next four years.

Recently we were told Trump is going to appoint qualified people to his cabinet, and other offices. This is, of course, another delusion accepted by the right wing Trump supporters who have not shown much in the way of common sense in the past:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/02/opinion/seduced-and-betrayed-by-donald-trump.html?_r=0

"Donald Trump won the Electoral College (though not the popular vote) on the strength of overwhelming support from working-class whites, who feel left behind by a changing economy and society. And they’re about to get their reward — the same reward that, throughout Mr. Trump’s career, has come to everyone who trusted his good intentions. Think Trump University.

Yes, the white working class is about to be betrayed.

The evidence of that coming betrayal is obvious in the choice of an array of pro-corporate, anti-labor figures for key positions. In particular, the most important story of the week — seriously, people, stop focusing on Trump Twitter — was the selection of Tom Price, an ardent opponent of Obamacare and advocate of Medicare privatization, as secretary of health and human services. This choice probably means that the Affordable Care Act is doomed — and Mr. Trump’s most enthusiastic supporters will be among the biggest losers.

The first thing you need to understand here is that Republican talk of “repeal and replace” has always been a fraud. The G.O.P. has spent six years claiming that it will come up with a replacement for Obamacare any day now; the reason it hasn’t delivered is that it can’t."

OMG, this is an opinion piece from the NYT.. Of course the affordable care act is doomed, and the reason they haven't delivered is that they haven't been able to..As far as Price, I don't have a problem with what he's said but what he hasn't said..Not one word about monopolist pricing structures. Not one word about CON laws. Not one word about drugs that are 10, 20 or even 100x as expensive here as in other OECD nations and laws banning the arbitrage of those prices which would instantly collapse said price structure. Not one word about a system that has expanded "administrators" at 5x the rate of care-givers, all of whom you pay for. Not one word about a so-called "insurance" system that demands you pay continuing deductible amounts after the insured event happens should a calendar boundary be crossed,which is an out-and-out fraud. Not one word about a refusal to post prices and presenting you with a document demanding that you accept any bill for anything done, with no cap and no binding estimate. Not one word about charging different prices after the fact based on how you pay rather than what is done, which is not only improper it quite-arguably is felonious on its face as it constitutes a kickback (which are in many cases illegal and in all cases are taxable yet are not reported as such nor are the taxes paid.) Not one word about forcing you pay to correct errors made by the physician or, even worse, to treat infections and diseases contracted as a result of being in said hospital and inadequate sanitation.From the Market Ticker

Trump is in way over his head.. If he doesn't resign he will more then likely be impeached especially if he keeps his word, and orders the military to violate American law as he said he would. Republicans are already looking for a way to get rid of him. They tried before the election, and he arrogantly refused to quit. Now we have this"

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/11...-signaling-intention-violate-oath-office.html
Hillary tried to make it a law.. I think most conservatives are becoming a little less nervous ...

Hillary lost because the people around her were yes men and woman. She is still in shock. And talk about being frightened , you need to look no further than the secret service ..

Werbung:
Back