Who are your favored GOP candidates?

Plenty of people have won the nomination without Iowa.
I conceed your point.

Plenty of candidates oppose ethanol subsidies.

I wasn't talking about just ethanol subsidies but all farm subsidies, for which Iowa is ranked 2nd with over $22.3 billion per year. What candidate(s) is saying that Iowa should not be getting any of that money?

Werbung:
I wasn't talking about just ethanol subsidies but all farm subsidies, for which Iowa is ranked 2nd with over $22.3 billion per year. What candidate(s) is saying that Iowa should not be getting any of that money?

Ron Paul, of course. I do not know if any others side with him, but suspect they do not.

He’s defied one of the holy shibboleths of electoral politics—Thou Must Bring Home the Bacon—by being a consistent opponent of agricultural subsidies in a largely agricultural district…..
http://reason.com/archives/2007/01/22/paul-for-president/singlepage

And, he is my favored candidate.

Romney is the R establishment candidate, which means he is a moderate progressive just like McCain, Bushs, and Dole. Replacing a Marxist with a moderate progressive is not a solution for the massive problems we now face thanks to decades of stinking progressive sh*t.

Ron Paul, of course.
True... I should have said anyone other than Ron Paul since he's always a reliable opponent to the status quo.

And, he is my favored candidate.
Who do you think would be a good VP for RP?

Romney is the R establishment candidate, which means he is a moderate progressive just like McCain, Bushs, and Dole. Replacing a Marxist with a moderate progressive is not a solution for the massive problems we now face thanks to decades of stinking progressive sh*t.
Well said.

Who do you think would be a good VP for RP?

Have not thought about it.

Cain would be a good choice. Jim DeMint is excellent, but taking him out of the Senate might be a bad move. Paul Ryan maybe.

I suspect Ron Paul knows exactly who his VP should be.

Have not thought about it.

Cain would be a good choice. Jim DeMint is excellent, but taking him out of the Senate might be a bad move. Paul Ryan maybe.

I suspect Ron Paul knows exactly who his VP should be.

Paul Ryan would be a fool to leave the House and accept the role of VP at this point.

Paul Ryan would be a fool to leave the House and accept the role of VP at this point.

Why?

When one becomes VP, one is naturally in line for the big job at some point. If Ryan wants the big job, accepting the VP spot makes a lot of sense.

Why?

When one becomes VP, one is naturally in line for the big job at some point. If Ryan wants the big job, accepting the VP spot makes a lot of sense.

While I disagree that Ryan would be a fool to leave his current post, I do think both he and deMint are more valuable where they are... I keep hearing Rubio being considered as the de facto VP for whoever gets the nod, that's the conventional wisdom anyway.

While I disagree that Ryan would be a fool to leave his current post, I do think both he and deMint are more valuable where they are... I keep hearing Rubio being considered as the de facto VP for whoever gets the nod, that's the conventional wisdom anyway.

Taking Rubio out of the Senate would not be smart either. Though I have heard same.

Should the Rs nominate a true conservative or libertarian, however unlikely, the candidate should pick a moderate or even a progressive for VP. This might satisfy the foolish moderate voters who are too lazy to educate themselves on the issues. For example, Paul picking Romney as his running mate. Then Paul needs to make sure Romney does nothing.

The biggest mistake Reagan made was picking Bush 1 as his running mate and then backing him in 1988. He knew Bush was a progressive. This terrible decision lead to Bush 1's failed presidency and then Bush II another progressive. This all ultimately lead to a Marxist reaching the WH.

Hopefully the Rs learn from history rather than failing to like the Ds/Commies.

Why?

Ryan has far more say as Chairman of the House Budget Committee than he ever would as Vice-President.

Unless Republicans were going to lose the House (which is unlikely at this point), taking the VP role would be a step down in actual influence for Ryan.

Ryan has far more say as Chairman of the House Budget Committee than he ever would as Vice-President.

Unless Republicans were going to lose the House (which is unlikely at this point), taking the VP role would be a step down in actual influence for Ryan.

valid points but if he does have higher ambitions its very hard to accomplish out of the house.

Christie Endorses Romney for President

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie endorsed Mitt Romney for president, saying he has the best chance among the Republican candidates of beating President Barack Obama.

Mr. Christie appeared with Mr. Romney at a New Hampshire event in advance of Tuesday night's GOP presidential debate. In a ...
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203633104576625111966725694.html?mod=rss_Politics_And_Policy

Further proof that Romney is a progressive and the GOP establishment (also progressive) is desperately pushing him for the nomination.

Sad. Very sad.

Werbung:
Back